✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Luthers Rose said:
So how about we buck the trend and be the only faction of old P/R/E that doesn't need them! Seriously...has anyone done a "report" count by forum. I bet ours has to be one of the lowest. -----R
Rules are made to prevent problems. Rules are changed to keep problems from ahppening again...

Upvote 0

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Alright, I've done a little tweaking to the rules from Semper Reformand and Scripture, Tradition, Reason- see what you think. (Or tell me if this is the wrong direction in which to head, and we can start from scratch...) All of the "Examples" in number 5 could be trashed- if want it to be shorter...

Proposed Rules- Theologia Crucis

The rules particular to this forum follow:

1) This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.

2) Lutheran as well as all members of the Congregational Forums can post fellowship threads here. Non-Lutherans are allowed to post questions about Lutheran practice and doctrine. Non-Lutherans are reminded, that while their input is welcome and they are permitted to debate, they are not to denigrate, or be dis-respectful towards Lutheran doctrine. The guiding principle is this- "Don’t make a mess in another’s home"

3) Discussions between various Lutheran Synods/Denominations is allowed. However, no attempt to present another Synod/Denomination as non-Christian will be allowed. Respect and civility shall rule all discussions of differences of practice or belief between Synods/Denominations

4) Only Lutheran Moderators, or other moderators that shall be from time-to-time properly assigned to this forum shall moderate posts in this forum.

5) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed. Accusations are not.

Examples of what is not allowed, and what is allowed:

Not allowed: "The Pope is the Anti-Christ"
Allowed: "The Pope has too much power" or "The Bible did not establish the papacy" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Catholic church is a cult"
Allowed: "The Catholic church has errors in some doctrines" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Roman Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon"
Allowed: "The Catholic church may have a particular role to play in the endtimes" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "All Catholics go to hell"
Allowed: "Some Catholics may not be saved because they have wrong beliefs" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.
Not allowed: "Catholics worship idols" - this is because they don't worship these idols (at least they are not meant to)
Allowed: "Catholics have images in their church and the Bible does not support this" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics pray to demons when they pray to saints"
Allowed: "Praying to saints is not in the Bible" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "There is no such thing as purgatory" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "Catholics are preoccupied with visions of Mary" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Speaking in tongues is demonic"
Allowed: "Speaking in tongues is being abused in some churches" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Charismatic Christians are not saved"
Allowed: "The charismatic movement have gone too far in some cases" - as long as scripture a nd evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Word of Faith preachers are false prophets"
Allowed: "The Word of Faith movement have gone too far in certain instances" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Basically, try to rephrase your question and post so that it does not come across as being judgmental and accusatory. You will find that the message gets across better, and the debate will remain civil.

6) Feel free to report posts that you believe have broken these rules to the moderators of this forum by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of each post

7) These rules are in addition to the rules of CF that govern the board as a whole. All rules will be strictly enforced.

Upvote 0

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lotar said:
I propose the following amendment to rule #5:
Change examples number 1, 3, 10, from "not allowed" to "allowed"

:p

Do we even need rules at this point?
Well, we could strike all of number five after "Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed. Accusations are not."

Why? Because I'm a legalistic pain-in-the-ass... (Just kidding!)

Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
SLStrohkirch said:
hey Rose, How about an entrance sign that says:

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE LUTHERAN FORUM. THIS IS THE ONLY WARNING YOU WILL GET. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! ;)
ROTFLOL!!! ^_^ I think this is the only rule we need! ;)

Bradford said:
Why? Because I'm a legalistic pain-in-the-ass... (Just kidding!)

Can you say this according the the rules? :eek: ;) I bet you like meetings that use Robert's Rules of Order, too? Where is that :rolleyes: smilie when you need one!

LOL! Bradford, ya know we love ya! :hug:

Rose

Upvote 0

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Luthers Rose said:
Can you say this according the the rules? :eek: ;) I bet you like meetings that use Robert's Rules of Order, too? Where is that :rolleyes: smilie when you need one!

LOL! Bradford, ya know we love ya! :hug:

Rose
Nope, likely can't say it! BUt, now that it's quoted, it gets to stay!

I love RRO! Wouldn't let a meeting go without them- and yes, I have read the entire book- several times! (And, no, I am not kidding!)

Well, thanks for loving my legalistic self! (And, no, beliving in formal meetings- does not lead to works-rightousness theology... It just sounds like it should...)

Upvote 0

JVAC

Baptized into His name
Nov 28, 2003
Fresno, CA
✟2,369.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just want to say that we should allow other denoms to debate here, but they must accept the BoC, Holy Scriptures and Tradition to be authoritative and unable to question the validity of them. I would like an Anabaptist to prove how infant Baptism is wrong using the BoC!!!! :D!!!!

-James

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Proposed Rules- Theologia Crucis (Draft II- SHORTNED!)

1) This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.

2) Non-Lutherans are reminded, that while their input is welcome and they are permitted to debate, they are not to denigrate, or be dis-respectful towards Lutheran doctrine. The guiding principle is this- "Don’t make a mess in another’s home"

3)
Discussions between various Lutheran Synods/Denominations is allowed. However, no attempt to present another Synod/Denomination as non-Christian will be allowed. Respect and civility shall rule all discussions of differences of practice or belief between Synods/Denominations

4) Only Lutheran Moderators, or other moderators that shall be from time-to-time properly assigned to this forum shall moderate posts in this forum.

5) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed. Accusations are not. Try to rephrase your question and post so that it does not come across as being judgmental and accusatory. You will find that the message gets across better, and the debate will remain civil.

6) Feel free to report posts that you believe have broken these rules to the moderators of this forum by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of each post. All reports will be reviewed.

7) These rules are in addition to the rules of CF that govern the board as a whole. All rules will be strictly enforced.

Upvote 0

JVAC

Baptized into His name
Nov 28, 2003
Fresno, CA
✟2,369.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bradford said:

2) Non-Lutherans are reminded, that while their input is welcome and they are permitted to debate, they are not to denigrate, or be dis-respectful towards Lutheran doctrine. The guiding principle is this- "Don’t make a mess in another’s home"

3)
Discussions between various Lutheran Synods/Denominations is allowed. However, no attempt to present another Synod/Denomination as non-Christian will be allowed. Respect and civility shall rule all discussions of differences of practice or belief between Synods/Denominations

Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed. Accusations are not. Try to rephrase your question and post so that it does not come across as being judgmental and accusatory. You will find that the message gets across better, and the debate will remain civil.

6) Feel free to report posts that you believe have broken these rules to the moderators of this forum by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of each post. All reports will be reviewed.

I LIKE IT!!!!!! However, I think that in rule three we should put something about supreme authority of Scripture and the truthful witness of the Confessions and Tradition, (find a good wording, I suck at it :D)

-James

Upvote 0

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bradford said:

3)

I move that this be sent to Erwin and AA for consideration.

Any further discussion?

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
One quick question regarding #5.

One may take this to mean that we should not say the Mormons, JW's, etc. are not Christian. They certianly are not, and I will say so if the question arises, in whatever form.

Since these are not recognized by CF as Christian, is this a non-issue, or should we address this by amending #5?

Proposed Change:
5) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group (as recognized by the rules governing CF) will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

One other question, in every instance in #3, does "Synod/Denomination" refer exclusively to "Lutheran Synod/Denomination", as the first sentense seems to indicate? Should the verbage reflect that, to eliminate confusion from such shallow minds as my own?

Other than that I like it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bradford said:
Shall we think about completing this project?

Maybe we could modify the rules from Semper Reformanda?

ATTN: Read before you post here!

2) Lutheran as well as all members of the Congregational Forums can post fellowship threads here. Only Lutheran members
are allowed to debate threads to discuss various doctrines to do with their own denomination and other denominations as long as they are within our rules.

3) Non-Lutheran members can only post fellowship posts here or posts to ask a question regarding Lutheran doctrine. Once the question is answered, there shall be no debate over the answer in this forum by the Non-Lutheran members. Any debate posts by Non-Lutheran members will be deleted. In other words, only Lutheran members can debate here.

4) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed (for Reformed/Calvinist members only). Accusations are not.

Examples of what is not allowed, and what is allowed:

Not allowed: "The Pope is the Anti-Christ"
Allowed: "The Pope has too much power" or "The Bible did not establish the papacy" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Catholic church is a cult"
Allowed: "The Catholic church has errors in some doctrines" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Roman Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon"
Allowed: "The Catholic church may have a particular role to play in the endtimes" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "All Catholics go to hell"
Allowed: "Some Catholics may not be saved because they have wrong beliefs" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics worship idols" - this is because they don't worship these idols (at least they are not meant to)
Allowed: "Catholics have images in their church and the Bible does not support this" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics pray to demons when they pray to saints"
Allowed: "Praying to saints is not in the Bible" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "There is no such thing as purgatory" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "Catholics are preoccupied with visions of Mary" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Speaking in tongues is demonic"
Allowed: "Speaking in tongues is being abused in some churches" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Charismatic Christians are not saved"
Allowed: "The charismatic movement have gone too far in some cases" - as long as scripture a nd evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Word of Faith preachers are false prophets"
Allowed: "The Word of Faith movement have gone too far in certain instances" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Basically, try to rephrase your question and post so that it does not come across as being judgemental and accusatory. You will find that the message gets across better, and the debate will remain civil.

6) Feel free to report posts that you believe have broken these rules to the moderators of this forum by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of each post

These rules are in addition to the rules of CF that govern the board as a whole. All rules will be strictly enforced.
These look fine to me. Do we have to vote on them or is there someone here that will just make them ipso facto?

Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, Bradford dear...I am not even going to read your stinkin' rules. :pink: I will do two things, though:

• Leave you with my suggested set of rules
  1. YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE LUTHERAN FORUM. THIS IS THE ONLY WARNING YOU WILL GET. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
  2. Absolutely no puns permitted. The first pun will result in a warning, the second pun in a suspension and the third pun in a termination of CF membership. Write with caution so that you do not inadvertently violate this rule.
  • I will abstain from voting on the rules...just let me know if I ever violate them, OK? ;)
:hug: Rose

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.