Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
In other words, you are worried that there are thousands of different interpretations, but you have one of them yourself. The only difference is that most of those other people come to a conclusion after reading the word of God, while you simply say "I'll take that one."

Your opinion

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Twisting to suit YOUR personal view / opinion yet again!:doh:

Seriously? Do you believe that Satan actually doesn't care about the Bible? I think you know he does. The last thing he wants is for people to know what it really says because then he can keep people from the truth of their salvation in Christ.

He is also a master manipulator and an expert on subtly twisting Scripture.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Hebrews 4:12

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
But you do have to light one of these candles in order to have the angels repeat your prayer until it burns out. That's the quaint legend, anyway--and the only reason for lighting one of these candles instead of just offering a prayer.

Oh, I see. One 'has to light a candle does one?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Blah, blah, blah.........same old posts from you yet again.

You really hate Catholic ways! Lol

If you've actually read my posts, you know that is not true. I have no hatred for Catholics. My own mother was raised Catholic and her parents and grandparents were Catholic as well. I love Catholics. I have family and friends who are Catholic as well, to this day.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Seriously? Do you believe that Satan actually doesn't care about the Bible? I think you know he does. The last thing he wants is for people to know what it really says because then he can keep people from the truth of their salvation in Christ.

He is also a master manipulator and an expert on subtly twisting Scripture.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Hebrews 4:12

Satan absolutely loves people who read the Bible! Especially when they read it and come up with so many different interpretation of different passages!

He hates it when they stick with the CCs interpretations. He shivers as he knows they are getting it directly from the Holy Spirit when they stick with the CC!

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
If you want the angels to repeat your prayer until the candle goes out, yes you do. :doh:

Oh, so you are forced to light a candle? I didn't know that. :scratch:

Look at all the candles lit in the world near disasters etc (9/11 example). Were people forced to light them? Were people given the candles free? Do you think God will ignore prayers from anyone who didn't light a candle?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Satan absolutely loves people who read the Bible! Especially when they read it and come up with so many different interpretation of different passages!

He hates it when they stick with the CCs interpretations. He shivers as he knows they are getting it directly from the Holy Spirit when they stick with the CC!

Right....I think you need to do some more research. You make a mockery of all those who died so that people could read the Bible for themselves, without having to bow to the Catholic Church and what the Papacy told them to believe.

Satan actually loves it when people are kept in the dark, and he can ensure it stays that way if the Bible is kept from people, or if they are discouraged from reading it for themselves.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalm 119:105

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so you are forced to light a candle? I didn't know that. :scratch:

Look at all the candles lit in the world near disasters etc (9/11 example). Were people forced to light them? Were people given the candles free? Do you think God will ignore prayers from anyone who didn't light a candle?

It's your mythology, my friend, not ours.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
If you've actually read my posts, you know that is not true. I have no hatred for Catholics. My own mother was raised Catholic and her parents and grandparents were Catholic as well. I love Catholics. I have family and friends who are Catholic as well, to this day.

By your postings anyone can see your bitterness towards all Catholic teachings. Why?

Because you have no understanding of anything Catholic.

Now, back on topic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Right....I think you need to do some more research. You make a mockery of all those who died so that people could read the Bible for themselves, without having to bow to the Catholic Church and what the Papacy told them to believe.

Satan actually loves it when people are kept in the dark, and he can ensure it stays that way if the Bible is kept from people, or if they are discouraged from reading it for themselves.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalm 119:105

Read it WITH the CC and you will not be confused or driven down the wrong path of theology like many Sola Scripture believers are.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
By your postings anyone can see your bitterness towards all Catholic teachings. Why?

Because you have no understanding of anything Catholic.

Now, back on topic?

I am not bitter, I can assure you. Do you suppose I hated my own grandparents? You cannot possibly understand how my heart breaks that perhaps they did not know that they did not, for instance, need to fear that they would go to Purgatory, because Christ had already washed away their sins if they truly believed in Him.

You know very little about me, and you should probably ask before deciding that you know where I'm coming from with my concerns.

But yes, as I am not the topic of this thread, back on topic.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Read it WITH the CC and you will not be confused or driven down the wrong path of theology like many Sola Scripture believers are.

Oh, believe me, I have made it a project to sit down with the Catholic Catechism and compare it to Scripture. Again, I am not as ignorant as you seem to believe. When Catholic teaching disagrees with Scripture, as it often does, I go with Scripture.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I am not bitter, I can assure you. Do you suppose I hated my own grandparents? You cannot possibly understand how my heart breaks that perhaps they did not know that they did not, for instance, need to fear that they would go to Purgatory, because Christ had already washed away their sins if they truly believed in Him.

You know very little about me, and you should probably ask before deciding that you know where I'm coming from with my concerns.

But yes, as I am not the topic of this thread, back on topic.

The way you post. What you post, tells us all we need yo know friend!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh, believe me, I have made it a project to sit down with the Catholic Catechism and compare it to Scripture. Again, I am not as ignorant as you seem to believe. When Catholic teaching disagrees with Scripture, as it often does, I go with Scripture.

Disagrees because you do not understand or your heart is not open to the truth!

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The way you post. What you post, tells us all we need yo know friend!

Alright, feel free to just dismiss me as being "bitter." You're choice, I'm certainly not going to waste anymore time trying to convince you otherwise, and I understand that it can be quite inconvenient to acknowledge that perhaps people do actually understand Catholicism, and that they do truly care about people and want to address major concerns.

God bless

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Disagrees because you do not understand or your heart is not open to the truth!

The word of God makes everything clear. It's called discernment, granted by the Holy Spirit. I trust God's word more than any words and/or traditions of man. I wish the same for everyone.

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.' - Jude 3:3

• Agree
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Alright, feel free to just dismiss me as being "bitter." You're choice, I'm certainly not going to waste anymore time trying to convince you otherwise, and I understand that it can be quite inconvenient to acknowledge that perhaps people do actually understand Catholicism, and that they do truly care about people and want to address major concerns.

God bless

If you truly understood Catholicism you would be a Catholic!

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you truly understood Catholicism you would be a Catholic!

As I have said repeatedly, I did once consider becoming Catholic, but then I actually looked into what is taught, in light of the word of God. I have attended Mass many times personally, and I have read a lot of the Catechism. I am not ignorant as you suppose.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.