Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi zeke. :wave:
zeke37 said:
I disagree, John was taken to the Lord's Day (Rev1 and 4)and sees things just before and during and after...
Which fits fine with an A.D. 70 fulfillment.

zeke37 said:
relax...I am a "you" if I am elect, because I am in that generation that will see these things come to pass...pretty specific to say 10 days is it not?...unless it was indeed the last 10 days...'tis the witness/trial of the elect....
The context of the verse is to the Church at Smyrna and was talking about a tribulation that was already going on (“I know your tribulation and your poverty” (Rev. 2:9)). The whole passage is about the current sufferings of the Smynran Christians and Jesus was giving hope to them, telling them not to fear. What would they care about a tribulation that was 2000 years away? There’s no reason to think that this applies to all Christians.

zeke37 said:
the entire book speaks of a future fulfillment.
Future to when John wrote it, not to us.

zeke37 said:
actually that is the subscription of the previous psalm...that the translaters got wrong...every one of the prescriptions and subscriptions are given to the wrong Psalm...that is actually the subscription for Psalm 17, a pattern that is easy to see if you are looking...They were to sing that Psalm in general assmenbly even...
Do you have any proof of this? I checked about fifteen translations and they all had the same preface for Psalm. Psalm 18 is also contained in 2 Samuel 22 and the preface is contained there as well.

zeke37 said:
sure....many of the Psalms are prophesy and some are not....even if using actual histpric events to teach them...as in Psalm 22 forshadowing Christ's death on the cross...propbably the very last message that Christ spoke before His death was this Psalm.
The point of me mentioning Psalm 18 was to show that extreme language could be used to describe local events that did not literally happen the way they’re written.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi Jen. :wave:

That’s not what I meant. The passage just says that there will no longer be a curse--not that Jerusalem (whether the old or New) was itself cursed.

There could be a dual fulfillment; I just see no reason to think there is.

No, he wrote it about A.D. 64-68.

Perfectly understandable. :) The Preterist position can be very difficult.

So you do believe Luke 21:27 was fulfilled in A.D. 70, a passage that is often looked at as the Second Coming by most Futurists?

I think that the "time of the gentiles" of Luke refers to the time from when Israel was cut off and the temple destroyed until Christ returns and secures Jerusalem.

:scratch: Not sure what you mean . . .

Well, those who believe that everything was fulfilled in 70AD usually can't answer that question. If everything was fulfilled at that time, why hasn't Christ returned? What are we waiting for?

Since I take a Postmillennial interpretation of Revelation 20, I actually kinda agree. :)

A lot of what is written in Rev 20 is post-millenial and it's nice that it's clear about that.

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, those who believe that everything was fulfilled in 70AD usually can't answer that question. If everything was fulfilled at that time, why hasn't Christ returned? What are we waiting for?
full preterists--who I like to call Hymenaens (2 Tim. 16-18)--say that even the Second Coming happened in A.D. 70. Yeah I know it's a crazy position, but there are really people that believe that heresy.

As for me, I believe that most, but not all prophecy was fulfilled in A.D. 70. We are still awaiting the Second Coming, Resurrection of the dead, Final Judgement, and the consumated eternal state.

HisdaughterJen said:
A lot of what is written in Rev 20 is post-millenial and it's nice that it's clear about that.
I think you misunderstood what Postmillenialism is. Postmillennialism is the belief that the Second Coming happens after the Millenium (hence the name 'post'), as opposed to Premillennialism, which teaches that the Second Coming happens before the Millenium.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally Posted by zeke37
I disagree, John was taken to the Lord's Day (Rev1 and 4)and sees things just before and during and after...
Which fits fine with an A.D. 70 fulfillment.

not really, the Lord's Day is as a thousand year millennium,....and it has been near 2000 years since 70 AD...plus Christ arrives on the Lord's Day and reigns here one arth for that 1000 years.

relax...I am a "you" if I am elect, because I am in that generation that will see these things come to pass...pretty specific to say 10 days is it not?...unless it was indeed the last 10 days...'tis the witness/trial of the elect....
The context of the verse is to the Church at Smyrna and was talking about a tribulation that was already going on (“I know your tribulation and your poverty” (Rev. 2:9)).

that is a prophesy from Christ, for the future....even if it was an event of the 1st century...a type for us...
part of the two witnesses who will stand trial and have God speak through them as the final message to the world before Christ arrives (Luke21)..I assume they are brought to arrest or trial 10 days before He comes and reveals the son of Perdition for who he really is...

The whole passage is about the current sufferings of the Smynran Christians and Jesus was giving hope to them, telling them not to fear.

Again, in type for us in the end....quite specific to the end actually...patience and souls and all that....

What would they care about a tribulation that was 2000 years away?

Christ would care....hence the warnings for us....lol.

There’s no reason to think that this applies to all Christians.

sure there is...if you go by chapter 1's Lord's Day....Christ arrives at the beginning fo that Lord's Day.....and He is not here yet, or we have all missed the biggest event ever...

plus when that happens, the dead are brought back here with Him as promised in 1Thes4:13-14...and my grandma is not here.....not yet that is....

the entire book speaks of a future fulfillment.
Future to when John wrote it, not to us.

and to us....when Satan comes in person, you will eventually know it...he is supernatural...lightning from the sky...hard to do in otttt70

actually that is the subscription of the previous psalm...that the translaters got wrong...every one of the prescriptions and subscriptions are given to the wrong Psalm...that is actually the subscription for Psalm 17, a pattern that is easy to see if you are looking...They were to sing that Psalm in general assmenbly even...
Do you have any proof of this? I checked about fifteen translations and they all had the same preface for Psalm. Psalm 18 is also contained in 2 Samuel 22 and the preface is contained there as well.

well, my statement is that they all got it wrong...pretty big assertation I understand, but when you read the Psalms next time, keep it in mind....

My favorite modern day scholar is probably Bullinger...his notes in The Companion Bible are pretty convincing...(1611 KJV)

sure....many of the Psalms are prophesy and some are not....even if using actual histpric events to teach them...as in Psalm 22 forshadowing Christ's death on the cross...probably the very last message that Christ spoke before His death was this Psalm.
The point of me mentioning Psalm 18 was to show that extreme language could be used to describe local events that did not literally happen the way they’re written.

ok, exagerism....did I make that word up. lol.

Well again, I disagree with regards to the Olivette prophesy. I think it will be the very worst deception in history....the worst time if you know what to look for...Satan pretending to be Jesus and fooling the world (including Christians) to worship him, would qualify....

IMO, the 70 AD part of Mat24 is only the very beginning...everything after that declaration about the temple will be torn down, is after 70 AD....how about that...ever considered it? a 2000 year timeline in Mat24? there is more than one question being asked by the deciples....

when is the end of the age is one of them....and IMO it certainly is not refering to the end of the temple age, but of the flesh age....when all flesh is changed at Christ's 2nd Coming...at the gathering of elect from heaven and earth...(1Cor15)

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
full preterists--who I like to call Hymenaens (2 Tim. 16-18)--say that even the Second Coming happened in A.D. 70. Yeah I know it's a crazy position, but there are really people that believe that heresy.

As for me, I believe that most, but not all prophecy was fulfilled in A.D. 70. We are still awaiting the Second Coming, Resurrection of the dead, Final Judgement, and the consumated eternal state.

I think you misunderstood what Postmillenialism is. Postmillennialism is the belief that the Second Coming happens after the Millenium (hence the name 'post'), as opposed to Premillennialism, which teaches that the Second Coming happens before the Millenium.

do you believe that we are in the Millennium right now?

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

OOOHHHH....no, the return of Christ can't be post-millennial. He reigns until everything is put under his feet and then gives it all back to the Father. He has to restore earthly Israel. The return of the Bride who left at the very beginning of the millennium is definitely post-millennial because the New Jerusalem comes down after death has been destroyed which is at the GWT judgment at the end of the millenium. (I should qualify that...the Bride will be ruling/reigning with Christ during the millennium but doesn't not come down in the New Jerusalem until after it)

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi zeke. :wave:
zeke 37 said:
not really, the Lord's Day is as a thousand year millennium,....
Prove it. The Lord’s Day or the Day of the Lord is a way of speaking of a day of judgement, not some Millennial period

and it has been near 2000 years since 70 AD...plus Christ arrives on the Lord's Day and reigns here one arth for that 1000 years.
I am not a Premillenialist and I think Premillenialism can easily be shown to be wrong.

that is a prophesy from Christ, for the future....even if it was an event of the 1st century...a type for us...
It never says in the text that it’s a type.

Again, in type for us in the end....quite specific to the end actually...patience and souls and all that
Do you have proof it’s a type?

Christ would care....hence the warnings for us....lol.
The warnings were not for us, they were for the first century Christians.

sure there is...if you go by chapter 1's Lord's Day....Christ arrives at the beginning fo that Lord's Day.....and He is not here yet, or we have all missed the biggest event ever...
As I mentioned above, the Lord’s Day or Day of the Lord is a way of talking about a day of judgement, in this case God using the Roman armies to punish Jerusalem. Just like He used the Babylonians to punish Judah.

and to us....
Prove it.

when Satan comes in person, you will eventually know it...he is supernatural...lightning from the sky...hard to do in otttt70
Where does it say this will happen?

well, my statement is that they all got it wrong...pretty big assertation I understand, but when you read the Psalms next time, keep it in mind....
I’ll look more into it, but I find it unlikely that all these translators have gotten it wrong and even if they did, 2 Samuel 22 still contains the same opening.

ok, exagerism....did I make that word up. lol.

Well again, I disagree with regards to the Olivette prophesy. I think it will be the very worst deception in history....the worst time if you know what to look for...Satan pretending to be Jesus and fooling the world (including Christians) to worship him, would qualify....

IMO, the 70 AD part of Mat24 is only the very beginning...everything after that declaration about the temple will be torn down, is after 70 AD....how about that...ever considered it? a 2000 year timeline in Mat24? there is more than one question being asked by the deciples....
The whole Olivet prophecy was to be fulfilled back then (Matt. 24:34) and was describing a local (not global) tribulation on Judea (Matt. 24:16). It would be rather pointless to flee to the mountains in a worldwide tribulation, since you wouldn’t be safe anywhere.

when is the end of the age is one of them....and IMO it certainly is not refering to the end of the temple age,
It was talking about the end of the Old Covenant age. God used the Roman armies to destroy the Temple, so that that way of worship would never be practiced again.

but of the flesh age....when all flesh is changed at Christ's 2nd Coming
Yes, that’s still future. :clap:

do you believe that we are in the Millennium right now?
Yes . . .

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
HisdaughterJen said:
OOOHHHH....no, the return of Christ can't be post-millennial.
2 Peter 3:10-13 says that the New Heavens and New Earth appear at the Second Coming, not 1000 years later.

HisdaughterJen said:
He reigns until everything is put under his feet and then gives it all back to the Father.
He is currently reigning and will indeed hand over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all of His enemies, not 1000 years before He destroys all of His enemies.

HisdaughterJen said:
The return of the Bride who left at the very beginning of the millennium is definitely post-millennial because the New Jerusalem comes down after death has been destroyed which is at the GWT judgment at the end of the millenium.
Death is destroyed at the Second Coming (1 Cor. 15:26), not 1000 years later.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

2 Peter 3:10-13 says that the New Heavens and New Earth appear at the Second Coming, not 1000 years later.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
2Pe 3:11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives
2Pe 3:12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
2Pe 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

He is currently reigning and will indeed hand over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all of His enemies, not 1000 years before He destroys all of His enemies.

Are you contradicting yourself? Isn't this the opposite of what you just said?

Death is destroyed at the Second Coming (1 Cor. 15:26), not 1000 years later.

1Cr 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
1Cr 15:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
1Cr 15:26The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

The Day of the Lord is 1000 years long. Christ will reign (and we will reign with Him) for that millennium.

Christ will restore the kingdom to Israel. There will be death and disobedience during that millennium. (Isaiah 65:20/Zech 14:14-21) There will be sacrifices. (Zech 14:21/Ezek 40-48)

The devil will be released from his abyss after the millennium to deceive one more time. Then the GWT judgment, then new heavens, new earth. (rev 20 & 21)

(I actually hope I'm wrong and you're right, though. I'm sitting here trying to make it fit.)

Keeping in mind that all of these events happen during a 1000 year DAY, the timing of the beast/false prophet/army formed against Christ at His coming and the devil bound and released as well as resurrection of beheaded martyrs (of the beast) doesn't line up with that scenario because:

1. there is a resurrection at the beginning and the end of the millennium. So far, Christ is the only one who's been resurrected...no beheaded martyrs of the beast have been resurrected. You'd have to say that the resurrection of the beheaded martyrs is the resurrection described at the end of the millennium.

2. the beast/false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire at Christ's physical return but the devil is captured, bound and thrown into an abyss for a millenium. You'd have to say that he beast/false prophet/devil binding is something that happened at least 1000 years ago.

3. Furthermore, the devil has not been bound in an abyss for a millenium. We can resist him and overcome him and have power over him but he has not been bound in an abyss so that he cannot deceive the nations. His work is all around us and has been for millennia. If you say that Christ bound him by his sacrificial death...that's partially true...Christ overcame him but the devil has not been bound in an abyss for a millennium. It has actually been two millennia since Christ was born. Christ is waiting in heaven for the time when God says it's time to go restore all things. Christ will reign for a millennium before He gives everything back to the Father.

Act 3:21He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

4. The beast/false prophet are destroyed by Christ at his physical return which is at the beginning of that millenium. There's nothing in scripture about Christ coming a 3rd time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Luke 21:24 shows it is future
Hi there. Didn't Jesus prophecy that while the Temple/Sanctuary was still standing :confused:

Luke 21:24 And they shall be falling to mouth of sword and they shall be being led Captive into all the nations and Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations. [Ezekiel 30:1]

Reve 13:10 If any into captivity, into captivity he is led away. If any in sword to be killed, is binding them in sword to be killed. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints. [Luke 21:24]

Ezekiel 30:1 And a word of YHWH is becoming to me to say of 2 "Son of adam, prophesy thou! and thou say, 'Thus says my Lord YHWH: "Wail ye!, 'Woe! for Day!' 3 that near Day, and near Day to YHWH; Day of cloud, Time of Nations shall become.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
HisdaughterJen said:
Are you contradicting yourself? Isn't this the opposite of what you just said?
I don’t think so . . .

The Day of the Lord is 1000 years long.
This is not Biblical. ‘Day of the Lord’ is a way of talking about a specific judgment—whether it be God using the Babylonians to punish Judah, or God using the Romans to punish Jerusalem, or the final day of the Lord, which is the Second Coming.

Christ will reign (and we will reign with Him) for that millennium.

We are already reigning with Him.

There will be sacrifices. (Zech 14:21/Ezek 40-48)
We’re not going back under the weak and worthless elements of the Old Covenant (Gal. 4:9). That way of worship is gone forever and is no longer pleasing in God’s sight, because His Son preformed the final sacrifice once and for all (Heb. 10:12).

The devil will be released from his abyss after the millennium to deceive one more time. Then the GWT judgment, then new heavens, new earth. (rev 20 & 21)
Yep.

I actually hope I'm wrong and you're right, though.
Me too. ;)

1. there is a resurrection at the beginning and the end of the millennium. So far, Christ is the only one who's been resurrected...no beheaded martyrs of the beast have been resurrected. You'd have to say that the resurrection of the beheaded martyrs is the resurrection described at the end of the millennium.
I’m not exactly sure what the first resurrection is yet, but I don’t think it’s physical/bodily. Notice it says is in Rev. 20, that the souls, not resurrected bodies, of the martyrs are the ones reigning with Christ.

2. the beast/false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire at Christ's physical return but the devil is captured, bound and thrown into an abyss for a millenium.
I don’t believe that Rev. 19 is the Second Coming.

You'd have to say that he beast/false prophet/devil binding is something that happened at least 1000 years ago.

I do.

3. Furthermore, the devil has not been bound in an abyss for a millenium.

Um, yeah, he has. Matthew 12:26-29.

4. The beast/false prophet are destroyed by Christ at his physical return which is at the beginning of that millenium.
Again, I don’t believe that Rev. 19 is the Second Coming.

There's nothing in scripture about Christ coming a 3rd time.
There are many ‘comings’ of God/Christ in history. ‘Coming’ in Scripture can mean many things. Every time God judges a nation/people, it’s a ‘coming’. God ‘comes’ to us in the Holy Spirit. Christ told the Church at Sardis that if they did not repent, that He would ‘come’ like a thief against them (Rev. 3:3).

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The time referent of Revelation is found in 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

Here is Adam Clarke on this verse:

Behold, he cometh with clouds - This relates to his coming to execute judgment on the enemies of his religion; perhaps to his coming to destroy Jerusalem, as he was to be particularly manifested to them that pierced him, which must mean the incredulous and rebellious Jews.

And all kindreds of the earth - Πασαι αἱ φυλαι της γης· All the tribes of the land. By this the Jewish people are most evidently intended, and therefore the whole verse may be understood as predicting the destruction of the Jews; and is a presumptive proof that the Apocalypse was written before the final overthrow of the Jewish state.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by NILLOC According to Revelation 11:2, the times of the Gentiles is 42 months (which was the amount of time the first Rome-Jewish war lasted), so the times of the Gentiles were fulfilled in the first century desolation of Jerusalem.
Greetings. I read somewhere once that it took about 7 months to clean up the "mess" the Roman army made of Judea and Jeruaslem but can't find that site again.
Josephus is about the only one that gave an account of the Destruction and he said the siege of Jerusalem itself only lasted 5 months.

Ezekiel 39:12 And house of Israel entomb them so that to cleanse/purify the Land Seven Months. And all of people of the Land entomb them, and He becomes to them for a Name, Day of to be glorified Me, declaration of Adonai YHWH.

http://www.davieapostolicchurch.com/studies/destuct/

...........The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover. At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country,............

This memorable siege terminated on the eighth day of the ninth month, A.D. 70 : its duration was nearly five months, the Romans having invested the city on the fourteenth day of the fourth month, preceeding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
2. the beast/false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire at Christ's physical return but the devil is captured, bound and thrown into an abyss for a millenium.
I don’t believe that Rev. 19 is the Second Coming
Greetings. I humbly believe it is. But if as the Catholics say they are in the Millenium and Jesus doesn't come till after it, then I suppose that is why they, the Orthodox and Christians in general still celebrate the "supper" :wave:

1 corin 11:26 For as often ever ye may be eating the bread, this, and the drink-cup ye may be drinking, the death of the Lord ye are according-messaging until which ever He may be coming/elqh <2064> (5632)

Reve 19:11 And I perceived the heaven having be opened and Lo! A horse, white and the One sitting on it/him being called Faithful and True and in justice He is judging and is battling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whoa! Lookie here. I just saw this today when I put this verse up on my Chapt 10 verse by verse translation. :)

This form of the greek word for "about to" used only in 3 places, here and in Mark 13:4 and and Luke 21:7.

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7263120
Revelation Chapt 10 verse by verse

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Reve 10:7 but in the days of the voice of the seventh messenger, whenever he may be being about/mellh <3195> (5725) to be trumpeting, and/also is finished/telesqh <5055> (5686) the Mystery of the God, as He well-messages to-the of-self, bond-servants, the prophets

Mark 13:4 Tell thou to us when these-things shall be and what the sign whenever may-be-being-about/mellh <3195> (5725) these-thing to be being finished/sun-teleisqai <4931> (5745) All.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

NILLOC posted in message #11:

Do you think it's coincidence that John says that
Jerusalem will be trampled by the Gentiles for 42
months and then that's exactly what happened (in the
first century)?

The 42 months during which Jerusalem will be trampled
by the Gentiles in Revelation 11:2b is the same 42
months as the reign of the Antichrist in Revelation
13:5b, and the 1,260 days of the two witnesses in
Revelation 11:3.

The myriad events of Revelation chapters 13 and 11
(like 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Daniel 11:31,36) have
never been fulfilled, and so Luke 21:24 hasn't yet
been fulfilled.

Revelation 11:2b, 13:5b, and Luke 21:24 also show
that the 42-month reign of the Antichrist is part of
the times of the Gentiles. So the pre-trib
dispensationalist assertion that the times of the
Gentiles ends when the tribulation starts is mistaken.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

NILLOC posted in message #14:

So you do believe Luke 21:27 was fulfilled in
A.D. 70, a passage that is often looked at as the
Second Coming by most Futurists?

Luke 21:27 wasn't fulfilled in A.D. 70, but is
referring to the same future event as Revelation 1:7
and 19:11-21.

Luke 21:27 is an abbreviated version of Matthew
24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27, which are the same event
as 2 Thessalonians 2:1, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, and
1 Corinthians 15:22-23,52-53. None of these passages
have been fulfilled yet.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

NILLOC posted in message #16:

I'm not a Futurist, so I do believe most of
Revelation was talking about A.D. 70. The events of
Revelation were to soon take place.

Revelation chapters 6-22 didn't happen in 70 A.D.,
but their fulfillment in the future will still be
"soon" or "shortly" (Revelation 1:1) from the point
of view of God, for whom a thousand years are as a
single day (2 Peter 3:8). This is why God has not
been "slack" in His fulfillment of the second coming,
for He has only been "slack" as men count time, not
as He counts time (2 Peter 3:9).

NILLOC posted in message #16:

... Revelation 11 was fulfilled in the first century
and was the literal Temple then standing. Those were
first century Churches that no longer exist.

The two witnesses of Revelation 11 were not first-
century churches, for no first-century churches
fulfilled Revelation 11:5-13. The two witnesses will
be two individual prophets who will prophesy, do
miracles, be killed, and then be resuscitated and
taken into heaven after 3.5 days.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

NILLOC posted in message #27:

The whole Olivet prophecy was to be fulfilled back
then (Matt. 24:34) and was describing a local (not
global) tribulation on Judea (Matt. 24:16). It would
be rather pointless to flee to the mountains in a
worldwide tribulation, since you wouldn&#8217;t be safe
anywhere.

Matthew 24:34 doesn't require that the tribulation
and second coming and rapture of Matthew 24:4-31
was fulfilled in the first century, for Matthew 24:34
could be referring to the generation that saw the
rebudding of the fig tree in Matthew 24:32, which
could represent the endtime restoration of the state
of Israel by U.N. Resolution in November, 1947. A
generation doesn't pass away until after 70 years
(Psalms 90:10), so Jesus could fulfill Matthew
24:29-31 in 2016.

Matthew 24 is the same prophecy of the coming
tribulation as Luke 21, which shows (like Matthew
24:7,9) that it will indeed be global in scope (Luke
21:25-26,35). But there will still be some safe
places on the earth, in the wilderness (Revelation
12:6), the mountains (Matthew 24:16, Ezekiel 7:16).

NILLOC posted in message #27:

It was talking about the end of the Old Covenant age.
God used the Roman armies to destroy the Temple, so
that that way of worship would never be practiced
again.

The Old Covenant age ended at the death of Jesus on
the cross for our sins, which instituted the New
Covenant (Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:15-17).

But just as some unbelieving Jews kept on practicing
the Old Covenant Mosaic law, even though it had been
disannulled on the cross (Hebrews 7:18-19, Colossians
2:14, Ephesians 2:15), so in the future some Orthodox
Jews will rebuild the temple and re-start the daily
Mosaic animal sacrifices, which after a few years will
be stopped by the Antichrist when he commits the
abomination of desolation (Daniel 11:31,36, 9:27).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.