boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I'm just an agnostic exploring christian perspectives so here goes my most recent question. do you think it would be possible to please lucifer and be on his side? for example, if he gives you an order and you were seeking out his approval let's just say for the sake of argument...you say yes to the order...how do you think lucifer would react? would he reject you because he sees mercy as a weakness? would he be pleased by such reactions? my personal beliefs as an agnostic is that lucifer actually is just a pained villain, still loves god-his father, and still has a good heart even though he wants power to be the best of the best. so i guess my question is-what do you think lucifer sees as what is strong for him? by the way, what did he do to deserve to really get kicked out of heaven? if god can do whatever he wants, he could've put lucifer in a comfortable but not being able to move kind of position and talk to him about it. maybe god could've let him go in a more suitable realm he can rule over without people being able to be affected by lucifer, no?

Last edited:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just an agnostic exploring christian perspectives so here goes my most recent question. do you think it would be possible to please lucifer and be on his side? for example, if he gives you an order and you were seeking out his approval let's just say for the sake of argument...you say yes to the order...how do you think lucifer would react? would he reject you because he sees mercy as a weakness? would he be pleased by such reactions? my personal beliefs as an agnostic is that lucifer actually is just a pained villain, still loves god-his father, and still has a good heart even though he wants power to be the best of the best. so i guess my question is-what do you think lucifer sees as what is strong for him?
The Christian perspective is in Genesis 3.

Genesis 3 NASB

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just an agnostic exploring christian perspectives so here goes my most recent question. do you think it would be possible to please lucifer and be on his side? for example, if he gives you an order and you were seeking out his approval let's just say for the sake of argument...you say yes to the order...how do you think lucifer would react? would he reject you because he sees mercy as a weakness? would he be pleased by such reactions? my personal beliefs as an agnostic is that lucifer actually is just a pained villain, still loves god-his father, and still has a good heart even though he wants power to be the best of the best. so i guess my question is-what do you think lucifer sees as what is strong for him? by the way, what did he do to deserve to really get kicked out of heaven? if god can do whatever he wants, he could've put lucifer in a comfortable but not being able to move kind of position and talk to him about it. maybe god could've let him go in a more suitable realm he can rule over without people being able to be affected by lucifer, no?

The passage of scripture which decides this for me ... is where God has made passage through the Red Sea for the Hebrews to flee from the Egyptian army ... and Satan allows Pharoah and his army to pursue them ... even though he had to know that God would allow the waters to go back and drown them ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
maybe god could've let him go in a more suitable realm he can rule over without people being able to be affected by lucifer, no?

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
yeah, i guess...when god makes his creations according to christians at least for the most part and i guess for lucifer too, those creations according to god's wishes like lucifer do as they please.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
if god knows all too well the destruction lucifer can unleash, how could've god been ready in the first place to unleash him to be leader of the hounds of hell in the first place?! lucifer might be consumed by power in his thoughts, but that doesn't make him wrong. if lucifer was as beautiful and powerful as the tales tell, lucifer could've done something else to help god if god wanted it.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if god knows all too well the destruction lucifer can unleash, how could've god been ready in the first place to unleash him to be leader of the hounds of hell in the first place?! lucifer might be consumed by power in his thoughts, but that doesn't make him wrong. if lucifer was as beautiful and powerful as the tales tell, lucifer could've done something else to help god if god wanted it.

Lucifer was serving God in a very high position when he rebelled.

He does not wish to serve any longer.

Do you imagine that you could persuade him to serve once again ?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lucifer doesn't care a milimeter about you, he would be pleased for you to be hes slave, yes, but he is a very cruel master and your reward for serving him, is maybe be filled with all kind of vile thoughts and deeds in your mind and hearth, and his spirit is horrible, you don't want him close to you!.
God on the other hand is light and love, he also is God a very important character so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you think it would be possible to please lucifer
First realize that Lucifer is the King of Babylon. Isaiah 14: 12-14
If you are saying Satan, then yes anyone who is unrighteous pleases him. Even if it is a moment in time or a lifetime of disobedience to God. This is why Jesus Christ of Nazareth , God in the flesh, came....to conquer sin and death, the second death that is.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just an agnostic exploring christian perspectives so here goes my most recent question. do you think it would be possible to please lucifer and be on his side? for example, if he gives you an order and you were seeking out his approval let's just say for the sake of argument...you say yes to the order...how do you think lucifer would react?
He'd probably be fine with it, but who is to say that he would reward you honorably? And if he gave you a reward, that wouldn't save you from God's final judgment.

• Winner
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

do you think it would be possible to please lucifer and be on his side
You can choose Satan and worship him ... however you will forfeit eternal life with God.

God has laws and because of His Holy character they must be kept. Lucifer (Satan) and 1/3 of the angels got kicked out heaven and condemned because He (Satan) wanted to be God .... Lucifer/Satan is a created being ... the world you see now is just a taste of how Satan runs things .... do you like how our world is? He and the sin he propagates will be destroyed in the very end. Amen.

The wages of sin is death .... eternal death. Fortunately we have Jesus who paid our debts and if we received Him he stands in our stead before God almighty and instead of seeing our lousy selves God will see the perfection of Jesus. Amen.

God Bless.

• Winner
Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lucifer seeks to bring you down with him. He is the father of lies and has no interest in your well being, though he may entice you with temporary pleasures it is only to ultimately damn your eternal soul. Also Lucifer is not equal with God, he was and still remains a servant of the Lord Almighty, so why would you (assuming you believed all these things) seek his Lordship when is a servant of the Lord of Lords? So it follows there is nothing to be gained from such an arrangement when you would be betraying the Lord of both of you.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
i guess no offense but since lucifer is the immortal enemy of christians, what do you guys think he thinks of people in general and christians? does he think us weak because we can be killed and are not master of powers as he to christian beliefs? does he think us weak because we fear so much compared to him? i mean that's what i come to assume because of the fact that he is powerful, no? since he thinks he can best god(because i mean what other reason why would he fight him in the first place), does he think so little of us that much more? if all christians say are real, he must be stopped, no?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i guess no offense but since lucifer is the immortal enemy of christians, what do you guys think he thinks of people in general and christians? does he think us weak because we can be killed and are not master of powers as he to christian beliefs? does he think us weak because we fear so much compared to him? i mean that's what i come to assume because of the fact that he is powerful, no? since he thinks he can best god(because i mean what other reason why would he fight him in the first place), does he think so little of us that much more? if all christians say are real, he must be stopped, no?

In Scripture, Satan and demons prominently involve themselves with spiritual darkness (Ephesians 6:12), deception (2 Corinthians 11:13–15), and death (John 8:44). They thrive in these kinds of environments.

Demons’ Power

Demons possess the great power of angels (Romans 8:38; 1 Corinthians. 15:24), greater than humans but far less than their Creator. They have the power to carry out the following actions: (there are probably more)

Indwell humans and animals (Mark 5:1–16)
Physically afflict people (Mark 9:17, 22)
Terrorize humans (1 Samuel 16:14–15; 18:10; 19:9; Acts 19:13–16; 2 Corinthians 12:7)
Initiate false worship (1 Corinthians10:20–21)
Promote false doctrines (1 Timothy. 4:1)
Perform false signs and wonders (2 Thessalonians 2:9; Revelation 16:13–14)
Deceive prophets (1 Kings 22:19–23)
Encourage idolatry (Deuteronomy 32:17; Psalms 106:37)
Engineer death (Judges 9:23, 56–57)

Demons work from a powerful heavenly hierarchy to execute their evil deeds. Words such as “angels,” “authorities,” “cosmic powers,” “dominions,” “powers,” “rulers,” and “thrones” can be used to describe the hierarchies of either holy or evil angels. In context, Romans 8:38; 1 Corinthians 15:24; Ephesians 2:2; 6:12; and Colossians 2:15 most likely refer to various ranks or levels among the evil angels, that is, the demon hierarchy. In context, Ephesians 1:21; Colossians 1:16; and 1 Peter 3:22 most likely refer to various ranks or levels in the holy angel hierarchy.

Scripture never elaborates on the specifics of these hierarchies to explain their order or function. Since Satan imitates and falsifies God’s character and kingdom characteristics, it is most likely that there is both an authoritative functional hierarchy for holy angels who worship God and a parallel counterfeit hierarchy for evil angels who give their allegiance to Satan.

For every single truth of Gods word satan has a deceptive counterfeit. Every single one! He constantly and deceptively distorts the Word of God ... through individuals and through organized churches. Therefore diligently study Gods word for yourself.

Victory of the Lord

However strong demons might be, they also have serious weaknesses and vulnerabilities:

They unwittingly serve God’s purposes (Judges 9:23)
They were terrified of Christ and the gospel (Matthew 8:29; Mark 1:24; James 2:19).
They obeyed Christ (Matthew 8:32)
They obeyed the Twelve (Matthew 10:1–8) and the Seventy-Two (Luke 10:17–20)
They cannot separate believers in Christ from the love of God (Romans 8:38)
They can be restrained by the Holy Spirit (2 Thessalonians 2:6; 1 John 4:4)
They have been judged already by God (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6) and will be again in the future Revelation 20:10.
They do not have the power to resurrect from the dead, nor can they create anything living because they themselves are created beings.

Satan and his minions know they are defeated and have a short time Revelation 12:12 , they are going down and know they will ultimately be totally destroyed. A short time ... and are creating as much havoc as possible during it .... kind of like ... going down "fighting" and taking as many souls/people with them as possible. satan for a short time by deception will be worshiped by people who are deceived by his counterfeit coming of Jesus (many, many, many will be deceived) ... worshiped for a short time, good enough for him I guess, plus taking down more people.

Matthew 8:29

29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

Sorry for the long post ... could have been longer ;o) LOL

God Bless.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

You stopped your quote too soon. Read Isaiah 14:16 to 23 and you will notice that Lucifer is an insulting nickname for a man --- a king of Babylon.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
my personal beliefs as an agnostic is that lucifer actually is just a pained villain, still loves god-his father, and still has a good heart even though he wants power to be the best of the best.
My first impulse was to wonder why you would think this? It seems like wishful thinking, nothing more.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My first impulse was to wonder why you would think this? It seems like wishful thinking, nothing more.
in these things, it's just a belief for me, not knowledge...i actually don't know what label i have for myself now that i think about my spiritual definition.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

No human, angel, power, principality or archon will ever fill the void of being in the presence of the Most High God, and then being cut off from His presence forever.

I don't know if it still loves his Father, because it defiles His creation and tries to get His youngest children to join it in being cut off from our Father.

The more suitable realm is HELL: the "satan", also colloquially known as Lucifer (which isn't its name) was the CHIEF seraph/cherum. Its folly resonated throughout all of creation. It needs to be "under" creation, which is why the Redeemer bruised its head.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The devil doesn't have use for us, except to hurt, kill, and destroy. Like any creature filled with pride and malice the devil cares only for himself his side is his own and no one else's. The devil is the ultimate narcissist.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0