Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. Here's what I get at that link:

ninja pot, amazon.png

Notice the price difference, and the different revolving terms. Is your Amazon page now the same as mine, or is something else at play within Amazon?

The pot looks very good, but that it might have a bit of a learning curve.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I started the topic about cast iron cookware, and received all positive responses, I decided to share another recent love of my life. :)

We received an Instant Pot as a Christmas gift two Christmases ago.

Like a lot of others I've had that split-pea-soup-on-the-ceiling experience with a pressure cooker; so was not enthused about going that route again.

It sat in the box for quite some time, until I finally decided to open the box mid summer last year and see what this Instant Pot thing was all about.

It didn't take me long to realize this is nothing like the pressure cookers of old. Now, I use it almost daily for a wide variety of things. I've always considered myself a decent cook, and have especially liked my homemade soups. I can't tell you how many times I've made up a batch of something and told my wife, "Honey, this is the best (fill in the blank) that I've ever made."

Ribs that fall off the bone as you lift them out of the pot ... easy, peasy chicken broth ... hard boiled eggs that are never hard to peel ... foolproof rice and pasta ... one-stop sauteing, browning and cooking meats ... extremely easy cleanup. It goes on.

Naturally, there are tips and tricks associated with the Instant Pot, so I'm here to share ... and learn ... from other Instant Pot users.

Blessings,

Dave

What kind of pasta dishes do you make in it? I have one but I mostly use it for soups and sauces.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My stimulus check came in---I succumbed to the call of Amazon and the Instapot!! Actually, I bought a Crockpot multipurpose cooker with Air Fryer/crisper lid, it was cheaper. And then I got all the buddies that do not come with it! IT'S AN 8 QT FOR I COOK BIG AND FREEZE. I GOT AN 18 PIECE ACCESSORY KIT, PLUS A STAINLESS STEEL INNER POT (THE INSTAPOT ONE FIT PERFECTLY) (sorry, I keep hitting the caps button)---I scoured the kitchen for a glass lid that I have had for years that fit nothing and I refused to throw away--it was a perfect fit. I also got a dehydrator 5 shelf, insert. It does not have a dehydrating feature, but I HAD RESEARCHED THE INTERNET AND THERE IS A WAY TO DO IT WITHOUT ONE WITH THE AIR FRYER. The new real Instapot does have a dehydrate button.
I am going whole hog on this baby and I love it!! I had a 6qt Crockpot, which I actually did not really care for. It wasn't big enough, it heated the whole kitchen up, and the Crockpot insert weighed a ton and I am getting too old and weak for that thing! This cooker does not heat up the whole kitchen--I like that.

Nuts---did it again! Does anyone know a way to fix a computer so that you can't accidently turn the thing on???

Upvote 0