Arizona
✟144,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since I started the topic about cast iron cookware, and received all positive responses, I decided to share another recent love of my life. :)

We received an Instant Pot as a Christmas gift two Christmases ago.

Like a lot of others I've had that split-pea-soup-on-the-ceiling experience with a pressure cooker; so was not enthused about going that route again.

It sat in the box for quite some time, until I finally decided to open the box mid summer last year and see what this Instant Pot thing was all about.

It didn't take me long to realize this is nothing like the pressure cookers of old. Now, I use it almost daily for a wide variety of things. I've always considered myself a decent cook, and have especially liked my homemade soups. I can't tell you how many times I've made up a batch of something and told my wife, "Honey, this is the best (fill in the blank) that I've ever made."

Ribs that fall off the bone as you lift them out of the pot ... easy, peasy chicken broth ... hard boiled eggs that are never hard to peel ... foolproof rice and pasta ... one-stop sauteing, browning and cooking meats ... extremely easy cleanup. It goes on.

Naturally, there are tips and tricks associated with the Instant Pot, so I'm here to share ... and learn ... from other Instant Pot users.

Blessings,

Dave

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Since I started the topic about cast iron cookware, and received all positive responses, I decided to share another recent love of my life. :)

Like a lot of others I've had that split-pea-soup-on-the-ceiling experience with a pressure cooker; so was not enthused about going that route again.

It sat in the box for quite some time, until I finally decided to open the box mid summer last year and see what this Instant Pot thing was all about.

It didn't take me long to realize this is nothing like the pressure cookers of old. Now, I use it almost daily for a wide variety of things. I've always considered myself a decent cook, and have especially liked my homemade soups. I can't tell you how many times I've made up a batch of something and told my wife, "Honey, this is the best (fill in the blank) that I've ever made."

Ribs that fall off the bone as you lift them out of the pot ... easy, peasy chicken broth ... hard boiled eggs that are never hard to peel ... foolproof rice and pasta ... one-stop sauteing, browning and cooking meats ... extremely easy cleanup. It goes on.

Naturally, there are tips and tricks associated with the Instant Pot, so I'm here to share ... and learn ... from other Instant Pot users.

Blessings,

Dave
We have been using pots to cook for a long time here in my mother land. The meat just tastes better and richer due to the process of cooking in the pot.
I know your experience must be delightful. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Reactions: _Dave_
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Blessings,

Dave

Write a book and publish it to Amazon Kindle.
It's a very active market. You might make some good money.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Blessings,

Dave

I bought on for my niece who had been burned out at the Campfire in California. She lost everything. She had to live in a trailer that her insurance paid for as their old one had burned to the ground, also. Space was limited. She totally loves it. I want one, but can't afford one yet. I am looking at recipes and how to's to get myself educated before getting one. I've had pressure cookers and loved them. And I've had a slow cooker for decades. I have nothing to contribute to this thread but I will be following it.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Write a book and publish it to Amazon Kindle.
It's a very active market. You might make some good money.
Thanks for the encouraging words. But, I'm merely an enthusiast, not an expert. I continue to learn new things all the time.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I want to get an electric pressure cooker.

I bought one in 2005--just when we moved into this house---I lost the electric cord, have been looking for it ever since October, 2005---I still have the cooker part! I can't use it on the stove, it warns against that--so it has sat here all this time--brand new and unused, cost me $100 back then. Have tried everywhere to find a replacement cord and also on line and can not. I just can't bring myself to throw it out as I just know, the day I do, I'll find the cord!! An instant pot can also be used as a pressure cooker, is one of the reasons I want one. I just can't bring myself to getting just a pressure cooker 'cause I've had new one for 15 years!

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bought on for my niece who had been burned out at the Campfire in California. She lost everything. She had to live in a trailer that her insurance paid for as their old one had burned to the ground, also. Space was limited. She totally loves it. I want one, but can't afford one yet. I am looking at recipes and how to's to get myself educated before getting one. I've had pressure cookers and loved them. And I've had a slow cooker for decades. I have nothing to contribute to this thread but I will be following it.
Yeah, I've read comments about the Instant Pot where people said if you were allowed only one appliance in a limited space kitchen the Instant Pot is the way to go. I can believe that.

So sorry to hear about your niece. We lived in California for most of our adult lives until about five years ago -- the last 14 of those in the mountains. We were on pre-evac for the Telegraph Fire and the Rim Fire, and there were friends in our area who were evacuated. So I am completely sympathetic to those who went through last year's tragedies.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I bought one in 2005--just when we moved into this house---I lost the electric cord, have been looking for it ever since October, 2005---I still have the cooker part! I can't use it on the stove, it warns against that--so it has sat here all this time--brand new and unused, cost me $100 back then. Have tried everywhere to find a replacement cord and also on line and can not. I just can't bring myself to throw it out as I just know, the day I do, I'll find the cord!! An instant pot can also be used as a pressure cooker, is one of the reasons I want one. I just can't bring myself to getting just a pressure cooker 'cause I've had new one for 15 years!
Ask a handy person to wire you a cord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Ask a handy person to wire you a cord.

Say what???? What do you mean? This thing has a huge 3 prong contraption that goes into it. It's not a regular 2 prong. It's 3 huge round metal prongs that go into it, then ends in a regular 3 prong. How can anyone get those huge round 3 prongs?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
41lGaiYbVxL._AC_UL436_.jpg
Looks like this---only that one long prong is 3. I don't think they even make these any more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just got one a couple of days ago. Researching recipes to try
The lady in that vid I posted has a lot of good, easy to make recipes for instant pots so does Six Sisters' Stuff and so does:
her recipe for Spanish rice is quick, easy and delicious! :)
tulc(hopes that helps!) :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: BirdBrain27
Upvote 0