• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Personally, I do NOT believe that there is "one person out there for everyone." I do NOT believe that God provides you with "a soulmate."

When I was a high school student in the late 1990's, I was FOOLED, MISLED, DECEIVED AND DUPED by the promise of true love that this "Love Letter from God" supposedly offered to me.

Love Letter from God

Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone, to have a deep soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and exclusively, but I say “No.” Not until you are satisfied, fulfilled and content with being alone, with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me, will you be ready to have the intensely personal and unique relationship that I have planned for you.
You will never be united with anyone or anything else until you are united with Me. I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and start allowing Me to give you the most thrilling plan in existence – one that you cannot even imagine. I want you to have the best. Please, allow Me to bring it to you.

You must keep watching Me, expecting the greatest of all things. Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I AM. Keep listening and learning the things that I will tell you. Just wait. That's all. Don't be anxious. Don't worry. Don't look around at the things others have or that I have given them. Don't look at the things you want. Just keep looking up to Me, or you will miss what I want to show you. And then, when you are ready, I will surprise you with a love far more wonderful than any you have dreamed of.

You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready (I am working even at this moment to have you both ready at the same time), until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you won’t be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me. This is Perfect Love.

And Dear One, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me. Know that I love you utterly.

Love,
God

Last edited:

byhisgrace7

Dec 7, 2013
Kansas
✟25,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get frustrated waiting too. Maybe God has one person at a time for us, depending on our free will. He has one in mind and then if we make decisions that lead away from that person, then he has another in mind. I don't know, just something I am throwing out there. I can't believe in the one and only soulmate either. What if I make decisions and miss out on him, led away from him? Does that mean that was my only chance for love and God's only person for me? I don't think so, that would be very sad indeed.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I get frustrated waiting too. Maybe God has one person at a time for us, depending on our free will. He has one in mind and then if we make decisions that lead away from that person, then he has another in mind. I don't know, just something I am throwing out there. I can't believe in the one and only soulmate either. What if I make decisions and miss out on him, led away from him? Does that mean that was my only chance for love and God's only person for me? I don't think so, that would be very sad indeed.

From time to time, you hear stories such as - "God told me who I'm going to marry."

"God told me that I'm going to marry that woman."

"God told me that I'm going to marry that man."

I do not think that these people are hearing the voice of God....

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From time to time, you hear stories such as - "God told me who I'm going to marry."

"God told me that I'm going to marry that woman."

"God told me that I'm going to marry that man."

I do not think that these people are hearing the voice of God....

Well, not all of them, anyway.

Upvote 0