Babymine

Optimistic Pessimist
Dec 8, 2004
✟11,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I also cannot wait for Lost to come back. :) Lost and the Amazing Race :) Some decent tv right there. Im really interested in seeing what is going to happen this season, but honestly, I also can't wait to see Naveen Andrews again, but I probably shouldnt advertise it to much. I might get a "preaching to". Hehe

Upvote 0

HeIsMyEvenStar

Dec 2, 2004
Lynchburg, VA
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love this show! That cliffhanger was soooo suspenceful i've never seen an ending that actually made me wanna cry because i'd have to wait for it to start again. Not to mention one of my favorite actors is in it! Dominic Monagon (Charlie)

Upvote 0

vangelicmonk

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
✟8,101.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I thought I would revive this thread as we are about to start Season 2. I just bought and watched most of the Season 1 DVD which is great. It is really nice not to have comercials inbetween suspenseful parts. It is really a trippy and deep show that is character driven and with very good actors. Even with all the copy cat shows coming out this year, nothing seems to compare with LOST.

I have a question for the mean time. What do people think of the Christian aspects or at least the idea of God/fate/destiny on the show?? :scratch: It is interesting how Sawyer was reading two books "A Wrinkle in Time" and "Watership Down" which is standard childrens reading, but have deep ideas about good and evil. I want to go back and read those books. Well all for now.

Upvote 0

2lplvr

Nov 21, 2004
NC
✟1,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are not afraid to address "religious themes" Healing and resurrection are very prominent. Claire naming her son Aaron as well as the statues of The Virgin Mary containing the heroin point to familiar religious symbols.
Locke really believes in the supernatural (atributed to the island) while Michael and Jin are strong believers in their own strength to overcome adversity. Their entire plan in building the raft was to stop allowing destiny to control their fate.

Regardless of the source, faith seems to permeate the characters (except maybe Shannon :scratch:)

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm past excited for the premiere - a few friends of mine are thinking about having a Lost Party. I am doing all I can to resist the Spoilers because I just can't wait to find out. But I know it's more fun waiting for the revelations.

And I agree with 2lplvr - that there are alot of religious undertones to the show - it's interesting to watch them weave it into the storylines. These are amazing writers.

Reactions: 2lplvr
Upvote 0

vangelicmonk

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
✟8,101.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't it interesting the contrasts in the show. Faith v. Science. Destiny v. Free Will. Good v. Evil. Life v. Death. Hope v. Despair. Confronting Problems v. Running from them. Punishment and Redemption. Fascinating. It is a good show to put forth some philosophical ideas and indirectly theological ideas. I think it is a good show to talk about God with others. Maybe there should be some sort of outreach in this area.

Reactions: 2lplvr
Upvote 0