Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Good morning all, please pray for me. I have been suffering from health problems. My health improved for a brief period of time. Now my condition is worse than every before. I have one foot in the wheelchair. My condition is self-inflicted albeit unintentionally. Now I suffer from anxiety as well as this medical condition.

For MONTHS I've prayed and prayed and prayed, no relief. I've read my Bible, no relief. I tithe, no relief. I haven't gone to church in a year. I was given a copy of Our Daily Bread, which I threw away. My family and 'friends' are indifferent towards my condition. Believe me, I've tried praying and reading. Yet I feel as if God does not want to hear me. It's as if he cuts me off halfway, as would a stern and indifferent father would do to their son.

I frequently hear of people passing away at work. I see men in wheelchairs. I see commercials advertising life insurance on TV. I'm currently searching for 'alternative' methods of relief.

Pray for me because I can no longer pray for myself. Thanks.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
read your Bible, pray every day,
There is no one else except the Lord,
just believe. He loves you so much that he gave his only son to die for you, to take the punishment for your sins.
I pray you will experience his love.

Upvote 0

Hary89

Sep 5, 2022
Queens
✟12,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Thank you all... Things are looking grim but I'm trying to find my way through it.

I don't mean to be rude to the person who has since deleted his comment but here is my reply-- I find his/her comment to be insulting. I was basically told to shut up and carry my cross as there are other Christians who have it worse than I do.

I grew up with abusive parents. I grew up with a hoarder. My home was infested with so many roaches that they ran out of a food source so they bit me while I was asleep. I also had to deal with the other parent, who was an alcoholic. As a young child I slept with her. No child should wake up with a mattress soaked with someone elses urine.

Upvote 0

Ashley755

Aug 9, 2018
south-central region
✟36,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear friend, I'm sorry to hear you're suffering. I will certainly pray for you. I went through quite a dark time myself a few years ago. As I discovered, we often have to endure these things for the sake of our own spiritual growth. God lets us have trials, not to hurt us, but to make us like His Son. Even before our comfort, He is looking out for our souls. He has the bigger picture in mind. It never seems like it at the time, but all this will be worth it. Please take heart in the meantime. You will be okay. *virtual hug*

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Hary89

Sep 5, 2022
Queens
✟12,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Dear friend, I'm sorry to hear you're suffering. I will certainly pray for you. I went through quite a dark time myself a few years ago. As I discovered, we often have to endure these things for the sake of our own spiritual growth. God lets us have trials, not to hurt us, but to make us like His Son. Even before our comfort, He is looking out for our souls. He has the bigger picture in mind. It never seems like it at the time, but all this will be worth it. Please take heart in the meantime. You will be okay. *virtual hug*
Thank you, sister!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul suffered greatly at the hands of a messenger from satan. Paul prayed and prayed for God to remove it. God repeatedly told him "my grace is sufficient for you." When I read that I ask my self "sufficient to do what?" I use a little parable to find and show the answer to that question.
A family sits down to dinner. The mom sets a huge plate of food down in front of the little boy. It is overflowing with hot deciduous food, more than enough to satisfy a grown man's hunger! The little boy says "Mom, I am hungry, please give me some food." The mom answers and says "The food I gave you is sufficient." The little boy asks again, "Mom, I am so hungry, please. may I have some food." and the mom responds again, "Look, my food is sufficient! Eat up!" Finally, the boy asks again, this time very urgently, "Mother, Please, please, please, I am starving, I need food!" Again, mother smiles, and says, "My son, everything you need is right in front of you, eat up!"
Now many people will tell you that God's answer to Paul was "no." This is because they have a diminished perception and comprehension of the all sufficient grace and provision of God. God did not say no. They, like the little boy, are missing the provision. God has already done what was needed to be done. He, and his grace, has already provided deliverance from demons, sickness, and poverty. That grace is sufficient. He was telling Paul "The grace I have extended to all men is sufficient to accomplish what you are requesting. " In Paul's own words, God has reconciled the world unto Himself, "therefore be ye reconciled!" Bottom line, Paul was asking God to make the evil spirit depart, and God was telling him I have given you the grace to do what you are asking.
Sometimes when we pray, we are asking God to do something He has already done. So in a way, our prayers are nothing but an expression of our lack of knowledge and unbelief. Your meal is sitting right in front of you. God said "By His stripes you were healed." Many churches phrase it this way: "healing is provided for all in the atonement." The grace of God has already provided healing for us. Just accept that fact and begin to thank Him for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hary89
Upvote 0

Hary89

Sep 5, 2022
Queens
✟12,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Paul suffered greatly at the hands of a messenger from satan. Paul prayed and prayed for God to remove it. God repeatedly told him "my grace is sufficient for you." When I read that I ask my self "sufficient to do what?" I use a little parable to find and show the answer to that question.
A family sits down to dinner. The mom sets a huge plate of food down in front of the little boy. It is overflowing with hot deciduous food, more than enough to satisfy a grown man's hunger! The little boy says "Mom, I am hungry, please give me some food." The mom answers and says "The food I gave you is sufficient." The little boy asks again, "Mom, I am so hungry, please. may I have some food." and the mom responds again, "Look, my food is sufficient! Eat up!" Finally, the boy asks again, this time very urgently, "Mother, Please, please, please, I am starving, I need food!" Again, mother smiles, and says, "My son, everything you need is right in front of you, eat up!"
Now many people will tell you that God's answer to Paul was "no." This is because they have a diminished perception and comprehension of the all sufficient grace and provision of God. God did not say no. They, like the little boy, are missing the provision. God has already done what was needed to be done. He, and his grace, has already provided deliverance from demons, sickness, and poverty. That grace is sufficient. He was telling Paul "The grace I have extended to all men is sufficient to accomplish what you are requesting. " In Paul's own words, God has reconciled the world unto Himself, "therefore be ye reconciled!" Bottom line, Paul was asking God to make the evil spirit depart, and God was telling him I have given you the grace to do what you are asking.
Sometimes when we pray, we are asking God to do something He has already done. So in a way, our prayers are nothing but an expression of our lack of knowledge and unbelief. Your meal is sitting right in front of you. God said "By His stripes you were healed." Many churches phrase it this way: "healing is provided for all in the atonement." The grace of God has already provided healing for us. Just accept that fact and begin to thank Him for it.
Thank you that was comforting. I have been praying again and started reading the word. Nevertheless, I am still troubled.

Yesterday, I passed out on the subway. I thought I was dying and asked God not to take my life. I am not ready to die any time soon. I called an ambulance and was admitted to the hospital upon my request. Everything turned out normal, thankfully. However, I still find myself troubled. I had a bad habit of binge eating. I binged every single day due to anxiety. I replaced food with God. Now I'm getting back on track.

Today I left work early due to a sudden feeling of dry mouth. Dry mouth is a symptom of diabetes. While traveling on the subway, I saw various ads and signs referring to physical disability and death. I went to urgent care to get checked out. They said I was good. I do not know what's going on with me. On one hand, I feel like God is asking me to get myself together (which I started to do). On the other hand, I feel as if this whole episode is a result of anxiety. Maybe Satan wants me to lose faith.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I do not know how long I can take this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you that was comforting. I have been praying again and started reading the word. Nevertheless, I am still troubled.

Yesterday, I passed out on the subway. I thought I was dying and asked God not to take my life. I am not ready to die any time soon. I called an ambulance and was admitted to the hospital upon my request. Everything turned out normal, thankfully. However, I still find myself troubled. I had a bad habit of binge eating. I binged every single day due to anxiety. I replaced food with God. Now I'm getting back on track.

Today I left work early due to a sudden feeling of dry mouth. Dry mouth is a symptom of diabetes. While traveling on the subway, I saw various ads and signs referring to physical disability and death. I went to urgent care to get checked out. They said I was good. I do not know what's going on with me. On one hand, I feel like God is asking me to get myself together (which I started to do). On the other hand, I feel as if this whole episode is a result of anxiety. Maybe Satan wants me to lose faith.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I do not know how long I can take this.
You have that. Lord Jesus illuminate our hearts and minds to you will and work. Give to us that spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of His redemptive work in our favor. Help us see the way and your face. Do not leave your children comfortless Lord. Build up our hearts and minds to see you.
By the way, I know the struggle of diabetes. Drinking strong sugar drinks for 30 years made me susceptible to type 2 diabetes. It is under control but essentially I have cut out ALL sugar from my diet. I am best when I do the KETO diet.
Praying for you saint. Do not lose heart. He is on your side, as are all believers.
BLessings.

Upvote 0

Hary89

Sep 5, 2022
Queens
✟12,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I do not know how much longer I can take. Yesterday, I went to Urgent Care for a checkup. Apparently I am in good health. The day before yesterday, I was brought to the hospital and discharged in good health.

Everywhere I go there are references to dying. There are various songs I have on my Spotify playlist indirectly referring to death. There are two songs that randomly popped up -- Stairway to Heaven and Angel. Last night, I watched an Instagram video featuring a song entitled "Last Day."

I am assuming that today or tomorrow I may pass away. I do not know whether I'm over thinking. I do not know whether it is Satan. I do not know whether God is asking me to get myself together because there's little time left.

I pray and pray and pray for guidance and comfort. Now I can no longer pray or read the Bible. I do not think I'll be attending church this Sunday.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not know how much longer I can take. Yesterday, I went to Urgent Care for a checkup. Apparently I am in good health. The day before yesterday, I was brought to the hospital and discharged in good health.

Everywhere I go there are references to dying. There are various songs I have on my Spotify playlist indirectly referring to death. There are two songs that randomly popped up -- Stairway to Heaven and Angel. Last night, I watched an Instagram video featuring a song entitled "Last Day."

I am assuming that today or tomorrow I may pass away. I do not know whether I'm over thinking. I do not know whether it is Satan. I do not know whether God is asking me to get myself together because there's little time left.

I pray and pray and pray for guidance and comfort. Now I can no longer pray or read the Bible. I do not think I'll be attending church this Sunday.
My wife's heart would stop beating. This began to happen with increased frequency. Each time it stopped, it would last for up to 15 seconds. She would get tunnel vision and pass out. She would awaken and feel disoriented. Some nerve in the center of her heart would fail to fire, so the chambers of her heart did not work together and then just stop. The loss of blood to the brain caused the passing out. She had to get a pacemaker. We printed out this verse and she has it over her computer where she works.

Psalms 118:17 KJV
17. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

At some point you have to go on the offensive with the sword of God, that is His Word. Tell the devil, your body, and anyone else that you will not die but live, and then recount a work of the Lord.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Faith is made up of words. If you cannot articulate what you believe, then you are not believing it. Faith is not a positive feeling or having confidence about a thing. When we say "I am losing faith" that means we are losing words, because words are the stuff of faith. If you need faith, get words, and in this case, the words of God. Find what you need in God's word, and stand on the reality of it. Say "that is mine, God said it, and it I believe it is true for me and in my life."
Jesus said that when we pray, we are to believe that we have received what we asked for when we pray. We short circuit that prayer when we immediately say we did not receive what we asked for. It is good to pray, but it does no good if we immediately deny we have it.

Mark 11:24 ISV
24. That is why I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours.

John 15:7 ISV
7. "If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you can ask for anything you want, and you will receive it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hary89

Sep 5, 2022
Queens
✟12,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
My wife's heart would stop beating. This began to happen with increased frequency. Each time it stopped, it would last for up to 15 seconds. She would get tunnel vision and pass out. She would awaken and feel disoriented. Some nerve in the center of her heart would fail to fire, so the chambers of her heart did not work together and then just stop. The loss of blood to the brain caused the passing out. She had to get a pacemaker. We printed out this verse and she has it over her computer where she works.

Psalms 118:17 KJV
17. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.

At some point you have to go on the offensive with the sword of God, that is His Word. Tell the devil, your body, and anyone else that you will not die but live, and then recount a work of the Lord.
That's quite uplifting. Thanks

• Friendly
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What you are describing sounds a bit like obsessional thoughts as they sometimes revolve around the issue of death, if they continue you might be as well speaking to a counsellor who understands that, who can prescribe a medication if you need it.

I have had terrible spiritual trouble at times, nothing was helping, couldn't seem to find a verse to help.

Its good if you can read the Bible, and pray and have quiet times. But some people can put you under pressure telling you read the Bible every day, pray every day...witness every day etc.

If you have been praying, praying, praying, reading, reading, reading your Bible, you may need to take it easy for a bit and do something else , even just getting out in nature if you can for a bit.

If you have songs refering to death, maybe take them off your playlist? - Stairway to Heaven if its Led Zeppelin's isn't a great song anyway. Maybe some like it, and honestly I don't know if that songs lyrics are occult or not, all i know is that it gave me some sort of mental or spiritual cramp after i listened to it, so I don't listen to it anymore.

Listen to something more encouraging, I've found David Meece's music and lyrics (Learning to Trust is very good, you can find it on Youtube) have ministered to me in the past.

Last edited:
Upvote 0