Lord opened my eyes!!

A

acceptjesus

Okay I've come to realize I still believe I can't be saved until AFTER I give up my sin please pray for Me. The Lord is calling me to himself but I'm like the blind man that received sight but not all the way. I've come to realize now that's why I'm working to give up my sin because I believe I can't be saved until after I give up my sin. Any advice? please pray!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay I've come to realize I still believe I can't be saved until AFTER I give up my sin please pray for Me. The Lord is calling me to himself but I'm like the blind man that received sight but not all the way. I've come to realize now that's why I'm working to give up my sin because I believe I can't be saved until after I give up my sin. Any advice? please pray!

You are saved in the moment you turn to him... Don't you find that as you go to HIM more and more, especially in the immediate moments of being tempted, that HE does the work by giving you "relief", and don't you find that the more and more you go/turn to him that the desire for that sin fades, or lessens, or even goes away completely?

My advice... Do not try to combat sin through your own efforts (work) but turn to him and allow HIM to do the work, "yield" to HIS spirit, and let calm and peace set in (when you turn to him)... I think that you'll find that the more you turn to him and the more you go/turn to him that the desire for that sin fades, or lessens, or even goes away completely?

Hope that helps,

God Bless!

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

The truth is you were saved 2000 years ago before you were even born. When you accept Christ today the Holy Spirit just gives you the fruit of Christ's finished and completed work. Salvation is yours like an inheritance and the only requirement is belief that it really is yours. And don't get me wrong we do have to give up the sin in our lives but it's God's work to remove it not yours. The bible compares giving up sin to an Ethiopian changing his skin or a leopard changing his spots. It's humanly impossible on our end but easily accomplished on God's end.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The gospel is the good news. What you are describing is not good news. I pray that you learn to understand the gospel as good news.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian

Jesus came to save sinners, we all qualify. He doesn't need you to clean yourself up before He can save you, as if you could. If you or anyone else could clean themselves up on their own then what need was there for Him to come?

Upvote 0