Lord opened my eyes!!

A

acceptjesus

I've come to realize through the LORD that I can be saved now just as I am I don't have to wait until I've given up my sins. To be honest I never knew the meaning of the hymn and always wondered about it. I have cerebral palsy so it sometimes does take me longer to understand things so ALL GLORY TO THE LORD! Thanks to all who prayed for me.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've come to realize through the LORD that I can be saved now just as I am I don't have to wait until I've given up my sins. To be honest I never knew the meaning of the hymn and always wondered about it. I have cerebral palsy so it sometimes does take me longer to understand things so ALL GLORY TO THE LORD! Thanks to all who prayed for me.

Yes, congratulations... But you must realize that the Lord is all wise, and all-knowing, and he knows what's best for us, and a life lived in sin, makes for a miserable life, so, in order not to be miserable, you should begin the process of sanctification by trying to give up sinning,

But you can come as you are, but it would be wise to start the process (now that you have turned to the Lord) of giving up sin, which causes misery, and the Lord doesn't want you to be miserable...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian

Yes, God accepts you just as you are, praise God. :thumbsup:

He also doesn't leave you just as you are, praise God. :clap:

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, God accepts you just as you are, praise God. :thumbsup:

He also doesn't leave you just as you are, praise God. :clap:

Yes, he doesn't leave you just as you are, now that you have begun your journey, he will begin to help you with your sin, so you won't be miserable, and can live the good life...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

Yes, congratulations... But you must realize that the Lord is all wise, and all-knowing, and he knows what's best for us, and a life lived in sin, makes for a miserable life, so, in order not to be miserable, you should begin the process of sanctification by trying to give up sinning,

But you can come as you are, but it would be wise to start the process (now that you have turned to the Lord) of giving up sin, which causes misery, and the Lord doesn't want you to be miserable...

God Bless!

Buzz kill aka grace kill!

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Gal. 3:3

Jesus is the one who sanctifies us as well. Trying to give up sin is compared it the bible to the leopard changing his spots? It's impossible so just let Jesus finish the work he has started. He doesn't need your help.

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

You have learned something that few 'Religious people' ever will. Praise the Lord.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Buzz kill aka grace kill!

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Gal. 3:3

Jesus is the one who sanctifies us as well. Trying to give up sin is compared it the bible to the leopard changing his spots? It's impossible so just let Jesus finish the work he has started. He doesn't need your help.

Yes, I agree Jesus does the work, but we, for our part must come into agreement with him of our own free-will, trusting in the fact that Jesus knows what's best for us, and we must "allow" him, of our own free-will, to do the work in us and not resist or fight off what he is trying to do in us...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
A

acceptjesus

As most of you probably know I would always ask about repentance and I know we need to repent but it's like I was just waiting until this or that. I didn't even realize that was my thought process this whole time until now. As the hymn or song goes Come NOW as you are! I finally understand what it means and I was like I can be saved NOW just as I am I don't have to wait until I give up this or that sin. I use to type in google "I can't be saved until" So my whole thought process has definitely changed. And like I said my pastor and others would tell me come as you are but I was blind to it the whole time. I had been listening to a lot of repentance preaching after I got out of the hospital so I think that's where my thinking went "kinda" wrong. (I know we have to repent) but I wouldn't say it like "well I have to wait until I repent to be saved" but that was my whole thought process or "I can't be saved until I give up inappropriate content". So the LORD definitely did a total shift in my thinking! Now I can see myself and tell others You can be saved NOW JUST AS YOU ARE you don't have to wait until "fill in the blank" Praise Jesus!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
As most of you probably know I would always ask about repentance and I know we need to repent but it's like I was just waiting until this or that. I didn't even realize that was my thought process this whole time until now. As the hymn or song goes Come NOW as you are! I finally understand what it means and I was like I can be saved NOW just as I am I don't have to wait until I give up this or that sin. I use to type in google "I can't be saved until" So my whole thought process has definitely changed. And like I said my pastor and others would tell me come as you are but I was blind to it the whole time. I had been listening to a lot of repentance preaching after I got out of the hospital so I think that's where my thinking went "kinda" wrong. (I know we have to repent) but I wouldn't say it like "well I have to wait until I repent to be saved" but that was my whole thought process or "I can't be saved until I give up inappropriate content". So the LORD definitely did a total shift in my thinking! Now I can see myself and tell others You can be saved NOW JUST AS YOU ARE you don't have to wait until "fill in the blank" Praise Jesus!

Yes, you are saved in the moment you turn to him regardless of your sins, but the Lord will begin a work in you from that point onward, especially/and the more you turn to him, to change your perception of sin from something desirable, to something distasteful and undesirable to you, like weaning a baby by souring the milk, the milk being sin.

He (the Lord) will also begin to open your eyes and not only change your perception of sin from something desirable, to something undesirable, but he will also open your eyes to the fact of the misery that sin causes in your life and how it (sin) is preventing you from living a desirable, fully satisfied, content and peaceful, The good life that he intended for you...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

fozzy

Yes, I agree Jesus does the work, but we, for our part must come into agreement with him of our own free-will, trusting in the fact that Jesus knows what's best for us, and we must "allow" him, of our own free-will, to do the work in us and not resist or fight off what he is trying to do in us...

God Bless!

Cooperating with Christ means that you bring nothing to the table. That all your good works are as filthy rags to a Holy and just God. That your best performance on your best day is altogether vanity and polluted with sin. The bible speaks of us being crucified with Christ which means that we have to die. What can a dead person do to help or allow him to do something? A dead person can't do anything and that's what God wants - complete control of our lives. You need to get on the Jesus bus, sit down and let him drive. He knows what he's doing and doesn't need any back seat drivers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

fozzy

Because Jesus died for us, we can be reconciled to the Father. This is why we love Jesus. And if we love Jesus, we will obey Him. This obedience brings forth a visible change in the way we live, and is the evidence of our faith in Him.

Ergo, ones definition of obedience makes all the difference. The OT definition was keeping a bunch of rules and regulations or the Law. While the NT definition is faith in Christ and unselfish love for our brother. Love is the evidence of obedience and Love is a gift of the Holy Spirit and not something we have naturally. We do have human love but that's a selfish love that has to be earned as is commonly understood today.

Do we have to earn God's love or is it a free gift that is given apart from works?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, you are saved in the moment you turn to him regardless of your sins, but the Lord will begin a work in you from that point onward, especially/and the more you turn to him, to change your perception of sin from something desirable, to something distasteful and undesirable to you, like weaning a baby by souring the milk, the milk being sin.

He (the Lord) will also begin to open your eyes and not only change your perception of sin from something desirable, to something undesirable, but he will also open your eyes to the fact of the misery that sin causes in your life and how it (sin) is preventing you from living a desirable, fully satisfied, content and peaceful, The good life that he intended for you...

God Bless!

The process known as "sanctification"

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Love is a gift of the Holy Spirit and not something we have naturally.

Jesus told a parable, in Matthew 10, of a good Samaritan who showed love to his neighbour. This love took the form of the Samaritan simply seeing a need, and doing a deed to help. I don't know that the Samaritan's love was so much 'supernatural', as it was someone simply caring enough to help a person in need. Jesus wants us to have that same sort of love today.

We do have human love but that's a selfish love that has to be earned as is commonly understood today.

We do want to become more mature and grow in love. But 'selfish' love to me is a contradiction; I feel there's no such thing. Love that is 'selfishness' is not love at all, but rather a counterfeit masquerading as the real thing.

True love, to me, is found in obeying Jesus. That's what Jesus Himself said. We simply listen to the sayings of Jesus, and obey Him - that is love. (John 15:10)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

fozzy

Maybe a better way of putting it is conditional love and unconditional love. Human love is conditional and God's love is unconditional. I am not sure if you are aware of this but even atheists show love and compassion to their fellow man so human love is a real thing not make believe. Human love is selfish and will often help the poor so they can write it off on their tax return or feed the hungry to look devout before others. The motivations are not pure and they may be able to fool others but they can't fool God who sees the heart.

Upvote 0

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Come as you are meaning don't try to give up your sin bring it with you to christ! Praise Jesus

Yes, to repent, in passages having to do with salvation, generally means to change your mind from disbelieving to believing. Getting saved isn't about trying to quit drinking and cussing and smoking. It is about changing your mind and turning from unbelief to belief. It means to stop thinking that your attempts at morality will save you and to start trusting Jesus to save you instead. Nothing is needed for justification except faith. Romans 4:5 says "to the one who does not work but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted as righteousness."

There is a key phrase that Christians would do well to remember. It is this… “but not for justification”

It applies to everything except faith in Jesus. For instance, to the statement “baptism is necessary” the answer should be… “but not for justification.”

To the statement… joining the church is a good thing. The answer should be… “yes, it is. But not for justification.”

Good works are needed. But not for justification!

Repentance of various sins are needed. But not for justification!

Making a public profession of faith is expected. But not for justification!

Prayer is needed. But not for justification!

Promising to follow Jesus faithfully is necessary. But not for justification!

The only thing that is needed for justification is FAITH IN JESUS FOR SALVATION.

To have faith in Jesus means

A. to Believe that He is the Lord God.
B. to believe that even though we are sinners, He obtained our salvation by His death for sin, and that He rose again.
C. to believe that I personally now have eternal life and am saved because of the sacrifice of Jesus, apart from all my works.
D. to believe that Jesus will keep me secure and cannot fail to bring me to heaven.

Believing these things are also called trust. Faith is trusting Jesus to cover my sins with His blood and bring me safely to heaven. We are not trusting Jesus for salvation if we believe that we have to do anything whatsoever for justification and eternal life other than believing and trusting in Him to save us.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, to repent, in passages having to do with salvation, generally means to change your mind from disbelieving to believing. Getting saved isn't about trying to quit drinking and cussing and smoking. It is about changing your mind and turning from unbelief to belief. It means to stop thinking that your attempts at morality will save you and to start trusting Jesus to save you instead. Nothing is needed for justification except faith. Romans 4:5 says "to the one who does not work but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted as righteousness."

There is a key phrase that Christians would do well to remember. It is this… “but not for justification”

It applies to everything except faith in Jesus. For instance, to the statement “baptism is necessary” the answer should be… “but not for justification.”

To the statement… joining the church is a good thing. The answer should be… “yes, it is. But not for justification.”

Good works are needed. But not for justification!

Repentance of various sins are needed. But not for justification!

Making a public profession of faith is expected. But not for justification!

Prayer is needed. But not for justification!

Promising to follow Jesus faithfully is necessary. But not for justification!

The only thing that is needed for justification is FAITH IN JESUS FOR SALVATION.

To have faith in Jesus means

A. to Believe that He is the Lord God.
B. to believe that even though we are sinners, He obtained our salvation by His death for sin, and that He rose again.
C. to believe that I personally now have eternal life and am saved because of the sacrifice of Jesus, apart from all my works.
D. to believe that Jesus will keep me secure and cannot fail to bring me to heaven.

Believing these things are also called trust. Faith is trusting Jesus to cover my sins with His blood and bring me safely to heaven. We are not trusting Jesus for salvation if we believe that we have to do anything whatsoever for justification and eternal life other than believing and trusting in Him to save us.
Not for justification, or reconciliation, or salvation, but for sanctification, the transforming yourself into holiness and righteousness and the transforming ourselves in the image and likeness of Christ... A work that Christ will do in you, the more you turn to and walk with him...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2015
✟796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Bless you, cling on to that revelation and don't let those spiritual firebuckets steal the truth from you.

whom the son sets free is free indeed .Praise the Lord.

Upvote 0