LOOKING FOR STEM FIELD VOLUNTEERS (PLEASE READ BELOW)

PSYCHE69

Apr 10, 2023
London
✟8,209.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello all. This is a long journey we are on. See, its on this long journey. That we ponder, and think. We strive for more naturally. And fail...In this case. I pondered how it could be. That children are born with illnesses. I walked up and down. And in conversing with myself I prayed. I struggled. Then it hit me.

I believe the Holy Spirit. Reminded me of this. As he always does. What was it? PREVENTION IS BETTER THEN A CURE! See, people in the medical profession already know this but how? Just how can we stop ailments in the womb?

So I thought for a while. What if we had a virtual doctor, Ai if you will. That would use machine learning models with portable ultrasound scanners. The periodic scan uploads could. Help identify illness. But. One problem
Ultra sound scanners cost a arm and a leg...However, there are attempts in the open source community. To create high precision sonogram equipment.

At a cheaper cost. Currently the lowest cost are from $350-$500. Which is not cheap by any means. So the challenge is to get the manufacturing costs down. Once some nifty ingenious group/person can help do that. I see no reason Why imaging equipment, will be gatekept by a few prestigious companies.

So that's the idea. let me know your thoughts. And whether or not, you want to form a group. To discuss such details.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What exactly are you asking?

Are you saying it would be beneficial for us to have some kind of virtual doctor to detect prenatal illnesses?

If so, what then?

Let's say my mom takes Thalidomide as a prenatal wonder drug.

Then this virtual doctor sees she is about to give birth to a deformed child.

What then?

Let me guess ... abortion.

Right?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all. This is a long journey we are on. See, its on this long journey. That we ponder, and think. We strive for more naturally. And fail...In this case. I pondered how it could be. That children are born with illnesses. I walked up and down. And in conversing with myself I prayed. I struggled. Then it hit me.

I believe the Holy Spirit. Reminded me of this. As he always does. What was it? PREVENTION IS BETTER THEN A CURE! See, people in the medical profession already know this but how? Just how can we stop ailments in the womb?

So I thought for a while. What if we had a virtual doctor, Ai if you will. That would use machine learning models with portable ultrasound scanners. The periodic scan uploads could. Help identify illness. But. One problem
Ultra sound scanners cost a arm and a leg...However, there are attempts in the open source community. To create high precision sonogram equipment.

At a cheaper cost. Currently the lowest cost are from $350-$500. Which is not cheap by any means. So the challenge is to get the manufacturing costs down. Once some nifty ingenious group/person can help do that. I see no reason Why imaging equipment, will be gatekept by a few prestigious companies.

So that's the idea. let me know your thoughts. And whether or not, you want to form a group. To discuss such details.
I like this idea, I'm wondering how much info is available currently for Ultra Sound scanners currently.
Your AI would also want access to lower cost items, Temp, O2, Pulse & Blood pressure.

I did find this OS project for the hardware.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Are you saying it would be beneficial for us to have some kind of virtual doctor to detect prenatal illnesses?

If so, what then?

What then?

Right?
Your reading comprehension appears to be failing you.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your reading comprehension appears to be failing you.

Isn't there some kind of doctor on one of those Star Trek episodes that's some kind of virtual doctor or something?

Anything after TOS is beyond me.

Upvote 0

PSYCHE69

Apr 10, 2023
London
✟8,209.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

If so, what then?

What then?

Right?
Yes, it can be used in this way. However, thats not my intention. Anything can be used. In multiple ways.

Upvote 0

PSYCHE69

Apr 10, 2023
London
✟8,209.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I like this idea, I'm wondering how much info is available currently for Ultra Sound scanners currently.
Your AI would also want access to lower cost items, Temp, O2, Pulse & Blood pressure.

I did find this OS project for the hardware.
Yes, I have seen this project. However. I have something different in mind. Even for the materials. Not sure if its economic enough though. And those variables need extra equipment.

Granted. That cant be avoided. I know blood pressure monitors are relatively cheap. The rest of those devices. That monitor those variables. Are again cheap compared to the scanner. So its not as much of a problem. But, still will contribute towards a 'bulkier' price. In terms of production.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes, I have seen this project. However. I have something different in mind. Even for the materials. Not sure if its economic enough though. And those variables need extra equipment.

Granted. That cant be avoided. I know blood pressure monitors are relatively cheap. The rest of those devices. That monitor those variables. Are again cheap compared to the scanner. So its not as much of a problem. But, still will contribute towards a 'bulkier' price. In terms of production.
A period is not all-purpose punctuation.

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟77,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican