Not open for further replies.

C12H22O11

Mar 18, 2008
✟7,623.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nobody I know in real life has ever been in this situation, and I was hoping maybe there was somebody that had been here. I apologize if some of it is just venting.

Now, don't get me wrong: my fiance is the man of my dreams. I can't imagine anyone being so perfect for me, and I'm deeply in love with him. There's nothing wrong with our relationship, and there's nobody else in the picture. It's just that we barely talk. As in, he's deployed in Iraq right now, and I only get to talk with him 20 minutes a day. And then, because of the time difference, he's often too tired for coherent conversation.

I'm really not sure I can do this for six months, let alone during heaven knows how many future deployments. It's not that I'm not used to him being away in general...We've been long-distance through most of the relationship. I'm fine when we can talk for at least an hour or so a day. But since he switched sections that's just not going to happen. He gets to email me even less, since his internet access is restricted at work.

The thing is, I'm not even sure I can talk about this with him, considering there's no way he can be alone to talk and we'd only have 20 minutes before we'd have to wait until the next day. And since there's not much he can actually do about it, it would mostly just be stressing him out.

I just don't know what to do. I'm not sure I can be in a relationship with someone I can't confide in. I know none of this is his fault, but that doesn't make my ability to tolerate it any greater.

Genuine

Proudly supporting our troops!
Mar 12, 2006
North Pole, Alaska
Visit site
✟15,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi! 6 months?? I'm guess your a fiance is in the Marines maybe? Hang in there! I'm sure that getting to call you for that 20 minutes a day is something he looks forward to all day long. My hubby's going to be leaving around Christmas unless plans change (as the military likes to do) and right now Army deployment has just been taken from 15 months to 12 months. Praise the LORD!! Anyways - I don't know if you do the myspace.com thing or not, but that's really helped me. A lot of times you can join a group of wives/fiances/girlfriends of the Fort your soldier is stationed with. It's nice being about to talk to other girls who know exactly what it feels like to be "alone". Keep busy too - makes the time go by faster!! And if you ever need to talk I'm just a message away!! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.