• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Looking for INFJ's

HandstoWorkHeartstoGod

Feb 11, 2017
PA - Pennsylvania
✟17,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here I am fifty-five years old! In the last nine months found out I am INFJ, without a doubt. In small groups, I do great. For instance, with close family, one female friend that is one of the IN (Introvert, Intuitive). I do well with someone who shares three of my other INFJ qualities. My daughter-in-law is ENFJ and we get along great even though she is an extrovert. Early on, I did tell her I am an introvert, so need more down time. Other than that, things are good. The other members of my family are INTJ's or ENTP's. All good compatibility with INFJ's.

I recently shared with my Pastor and his wife that I am an INFJ. Now, in Bible study group others got that difference in my personality. Before, I think I confused them, somewhat. Of course, I am only 1.5 % of the population at church too.

I still have a difficult time relating to all of my husband's family, despite 25 years of trying. So. . . I have stopped trying. I "flower bombed" my MIL and SIL's before I stopped going to their extended family functions. I am not bitter. Boy, was that fun! Responding in love confused the heck out of them! My husband's work Christmas Parties at a large country club are always going to be somewhat difficult for me. I go outside the entrance to (get some air), touch base with my husband, or we leave early. In the past when we were raising children, I sometimes did not go at all.

I have learned a key lesson when I realized that I/we "teach others" how to treat us!:clap: I have been more outspoken about my needs instead of always observing and helping with the needs of others. I now require reciprocal women relationships or I let them expire. I now make time to exercise and eat well.

I stopped going to church, for a little while, after being President of a Women's group that I had shut down and restructured with other women officers. I am no longer President. I plan just one annual Spring trip and Christmas Party games. The Lord lead me during that time as I decluttered, got closer to my husband, prayed for insight and His direction in many areas. In the area of friendship with women at church it has gotten a lot easier to detect who should be my closer friends. . . those who were not a deaconess, but contacted me in some way over the time period when I was on my self-described: Peace Pilgrimage/Christian Sabbatical.

In the body of Christ we INFJ's are bound together, with others, in Him. We have a right to take our place among the Children of God! I am finding my way with His help. Adventuring and blazing a path, right now, that is Christian but doesn't fit in any church committee box. Sharing my journey with the rest of the body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HandstoWorkHeartstoGod

Feb 11, 2017
PA - Pennsylvania
✟17,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am also an INFJ. I know we might be a great minority but I think it is great to be an INFJ. We are motivated to stand up for the underdog. We are intuitive and great thinkers who can grasp complex theological issues well. So what if we want to spend more alone time then the average person? We have too much to think about to be around tons of people all the time!

BTW, here is a free type test. (It is not as valid as the one a psychologist would give, so I recommend that you don't put a lot of weight into the results of this.) Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology
Thank you for being so good at explaining my INFJ thinking. I accept who I am. Who God created me to be.

Upvote 0