• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Looking for INFJ's

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never heard of this stuff before. Was reading thru Wiki and some websites to try learn about it. Feel like trying learn new form of astrology lol

Can anyone give me simple answer on what this stuff is about? thanks ^^

Upvote 0

humblet

I am not ashamed to be called Christian!
Apr 25, 2007
Eastern U.S.
✟27,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm an INFJ as well. It's pretty exhausting, 'cause I think so much that I end up alienating myself from my surroundings :doh: Anyone else do the same?

For me, I used to consistently test as an INFJ, but for the last year or so, I have tested as an ISFJ. But I can totally relate; I always feel like here I am, and over there is the rest of the world...and if something happens so that I am thrust into the middle of things it makes me so very uncomfortable...:sigh: And I find myself making choices in my life so that I can just stay in my little corner. It's frustrating sometimes because I wonder why I do it, but too scary to change. And really, I'm not sure that I'd want to...

Reactions: junezephyr
Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me, I used to consistently test as an INFJ, but for the last year or so, I have tested as an ISFJ. But I can totally relate; I always feel like here I am, and over there is the rest of the world...and if something happens so that I am thrust into the middle of things it makes me so very uncomfortable...:sigh: And I find myself making choices in my life so that I can just stay in my little corner. It's frustrating sometimes because I wonder why I do it, but too scary to change. And really, I'm not sure that I'd want to...
There is a solution to that. Evaluate your present life. Are you happy with it? Do you feel like your growing or heading in the direction you wish to be?

Answer No, then you are not meeting your full potiential. Have to achieve a level of "Fed up" with being where you are. Use that Fed up to keep pushing you in that direction. You have to be in the mindset of change. Start small, one process at a time. Give yourself small challenges, and after a while make that challenge bigger.

Only limitations in life are ones we place on ourselves. You have only one life, make sure you are not wasting it.

Found this great article from Men's bible study.

"The minute you conquer the fear of death, at that moment you are free." he said in 1963. "I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live." -Rev. Martin Luther King. Jr.

Fear is what puts restrictions and limitations. More you push fear back, the more freedom you have.

Upvote 0

Finn88

Sep 30, 2006
✟15,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been known to come out INFJ when I take these kind of tests...but it kinda depends on what mood Im in! today Im an ESFJ...I think I have split personality! :scratch:

lol, S/N is quite close every time in terms of prefference and wether Im extravert or introvert depends on how I feel!

Personality types are fun :) we've been looking at it a lot this year with my colleugues. If you understand your type first, and how/why you process things, then get to understand the types of your friends/colleuges and how THEY process things, it makes life a heck of a lot easier! Fewer clashes with the peeps around you!

Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kinda funny,

I was reading a new book on "Breakthrough Creativity" in attempt to figure out the depths of my creativity. Turned out to be nice break down of June's system.

I am both ISTJ/ISFJ. A navigator with auxilery of Pilot and Harmonizer.

So according to this book, you all are Visionaries. With a back up of Harmonizer.

Visionary Results and contributions;

-Provocative questions that challenge the group to find profound answers and big solutions.
-"Incasting" (versus forecasting)~ Working back from the future to develop plans
-New designs and solutions through unusual connections
-Multidisciplined perspectives
-Penetrating, far-reaching insights into the future trends
-Ability to integrate, synthesize, and move the group forward

Visionary Blocks to optimal Creativity;

-Neglect of relevant facts and details about people and things
-Constant pursuit of new ideas
-Perfectionism and need for mastery
-Overly independent and private
-Biases of their auxiliary talent to certain types of data
-Reluctance to share ideas and information
-Making the simple overcomplex
-Possible single-mindedness and tunnel vision
-stubbornness and rebelliousness
-Not taking care of themselves

Visionary Enhancing Your Creative Talent;

-Play to your strengths
-Develop greater self-awareness
-Find the right creativity tools and techniques
-Be sure to capture your ideas
-Review and reflect on those ideas
-Use your auxiliary talent to help focus, to get outside your head, and to turn ideas and possibilities into reality
-Use your auxiliary talent to connect with people and share ideas
-Know and learn your creative process
-Appresiate the team
-Limit your search for information

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh hey Keri!

Welcome to esteem forums. Again my appologies for last time we spoke of this. I found I had a control issue which has been dealt with.

Keri do you allow yourself to play with these new intrests and explore them a bit? Sometimes appearances can be decieving.

Anyways you just described exploration or trial and error.

With my sistuation I am sorta afraid to explore, yet when I do. I absorb all the details and take what is useful for myself. Then discard the rest. Kinda like the borg, assemulating new data to make it my own.

After which I sew a new thread into the information bringing new twist or understanding that been overlooked.

Problem always been my fear to explore on my own. As well reliance on others while being antisocial. Now that I conquored these areas oh man so fun.

My advice to you is to understand yourself and what makes you happy. What are your strengths and weaknesses.

"No man can know where he is going unless he knows exactly where he has been and exactly how he arrived at his present place." -Maya Angelou

Once you understand yourself, it will be the key to unlocking all your behaviors.

Also "Creativity is Medicine", so allow yourself to be creative. Think you have thou from what I seen in singles forum.

:hug: lol anyways I will get out of this thread.

Upvote 0

ElianaHeneni

Seeking INFJs/INTJs
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Visit site
✟15,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi there! How are you doin?

I'm looking for INFJ christian friends too!:) I got so lonely at church I started googling christian INFJ fellowship. All I found were online groups. I guess I was hoping for a meetup group in Seattle or something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

myanchor

Mar 10, 2009
✟16,217.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Folks if you haven't gotten Please Understand Me II, then do so. It has a wealth of information about all of the Personality types their strengths, weaknesses and so forth. DW is an iNFp oir iNFj, I forget which, but the operative part to me is her NF stuff. I'm an NT and we have a rollicking good time with ona another most of the time, but something the F and T clash.

She spooks me sometimes with how easily she reads people. And I know that if I ever were to do something really bad, that she would know right away. Helps keep me motivated to stay straight ya know?

NF's and NT's when you add the introvert/extroverts, and judger/perceivers together only add up to about 4% total of the population.

Upvote 0