Midwest
✟9,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am unsure where to post this querry, so please move to an appropriate group, Moderator, if appropriate.

God is calling me to build a radio station. I have been contemplating this for some time, and I have prayed and continue to pray over it, and I just feel that is what He would have me do so:

This needs to be a shortwave radio station so it can reach some of the nooks and crannies of the world that are not reached often. There are specific messages He wants me to get out and this is the way it must be done. This station will have a Christian Prepper flare and it will be operated entirely not-for-profit. I do not want to make money from it -- I merely want to get God's Word out in a unique fashion.

One of my preparations for this was writing a book which I have just finished and put on Amazon for sale "A Prepper's Guide to Shortwave Radio". It is meant to get people ready for the 'End Times' and be prepared and to learn how to stay informed. The radio station will be the culmination of this work. We will offer very inexpensive air-time -- just enough to pay the operating costs, nothing more, and will encourage Biblical Chrisitan messages from all over to be broadcast -- not just typical messages, but those that catch a new ear, that raise an eyebrow, that gather curiosity, but that remain 100% Biblical.

I already have the land and building setup and ready to go. I am putting together all IT aspects of the business as I have a successful IT business career. What I need is a knowledgeable radio engineer who can assist me with equipment recommendations and FCC application paperwork.

I am hoping I can find a good Christian engineer that understands such a need and may even be willing to assist with somewhat of a donation of time and knowledge (not necessary, but certainly would be very helpful). I would also require the employment in some manner of an engineer after the radio station is up and operational as well to address anything that may pop up. I know this is a high-cost endeavor, but God is calling for it so doors will be opened.

If anyone knows someone or some source that may fill the engineer bill, or has such a contact, please put them in touch with me. PM me for my email address. Thank you.

John

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you mind if I copy this post and email to a friend? He may be able to help, though he is not in the greatest health, and would need you to pay at least his traveling expenses. Or maybe he would be willing to just give advice.

Upvote 0

JHrusky

Apr 27, 2023
Midwest
✟9,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mind if I copy this post and email to a friend? He may be able to help, though he is not in the greatest health, and would need you to pay at least his traveling expenses. Or maybe he would be willing to just give advice.
Please do. Anyone is welcome to pass this along to anyone that may be able to assist or knows someone who can.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,529.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm an Electrical Engineer, and a ham operator, but I'm not a radio engineer by any means.
I haven't gone beyond using the occasional walkie talkie, so you are already in a league way beyond my own :)

Upvote 0