Looking For a Good, Short Definition of Critical Race Theory? It Doesn’t Exist. Here’s One Anyway.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

HI Jim,

I would contend that you have trouble understanding the truth of micro and macro when it comes to issues.

Sure, I can point to a handful, even several thousand cases of successful black people in careers. However, did you ask your relative if he had ever run up against what he believed to be racial profiling when shopping in stores and going through his daily life? While he may certainly have a successful career, it would be worth finding out what he believes about racism in America and his experience with it.

Just as your request that I talk to some local teacher to get real world experience to explain a national issue, I would contend that one working to 'find' a few success stories, does not negate the reality of what is happening on a national level regarding the problem.

You seem to obviously believe that the problem with blacks succeeding in America is of their own device, and while you're welcome to that understanding, I don't agree myself. As I've posted previously, I have witnessed racism in America and while it isn't 'out there' as it was 100 years ago when we could just hang black people from trees like garden lanterns, there is still a lot of white vs. black animosity that won't go away until we really, as an entire country, believe that all men are created equal.

God bless,
Ted

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
White privilege is a myth of itself.

Instead, we should call it "majority privilege." There is a benefit in being part of the majority in a
country. Go to China and see how the Chinese are benefited where non-Chinese are not.

Sure. But, of course, the majority can be identified where it occurs, and that identification is neither spurious nor specious.

And there are always other sources of "privilege." There is, for instance, "male privilege" and "pretty girl privilege." There is also "rich man privilege."

Back in the 70s, author John Malloy writing his first edition of "Dress for Success" discovered in his clothing tests a number of "rich man privilege" effects that occurred merely when his testers wore clothing socially attributed to the wealthy. For instance, a man wearing a tan cashmere overcoat was more able to push past others through a doorway without resistance than the same man wearing a black overcoat.

These privileges are not something a person has, they are what is accorded to them by others. When those "others" are persons can make substantive decisions and actions on other people, however, it does become a concern. A police officer who confers "pretty girl" or "rich man" privileges, for instance, is a problem.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem with this theory, and that's what I believe it actually is, is that when blacks immigrate from other nations like my nieces husband did from Kenya, including friends of his and relatives, they succeed educationally. Her husband worked his way through college and is now a manager at a manufacturing firm, in NH of all places, a red state.

So, if they can succeed, how is it so many black American's can't ?

Culture plays a large part of whether kids will be successful or not. When they're taught early on
that they'll never go aware because the system is rigged against black kids, they grow up bitter and vengeful. It's what we're seeing over the past year with the riots and CR Theorist is playing right into it. It's being taught that white privilege is the cause of the system being rigged against blacks. This is what is being projected into the black communities. Will it improve things for them ? No, it will just make crime and gangs grow even more as we're seeing it take place.

Yes, culture does play an immense role in the issue. And uniquely, the culture of black Americans--what I call "chit'lin' culture"--is precisely the result of the actions of white Americans upon the black people imported from Africa and pressed into slavery over the course of 400 years.

Every other group of people either native to America or immigrating from other continents have brought with them their own functional and self-affirming cultures from which they got their starts in America. Only the American Descendants of Slavery have had almost nothing to work with the entrails of the culture that enslaved them...and that was a culture designed to keep them enslaved.

This is somewhat similar to the condition of the Hebrews who spent 400 years in Egypt prior to being freed. When we carefully read of their 40 years of "retraining" in the desert, we realize that they had so inculcated the Egyptian culture--which was a culture that had demeaned and oppressed them as "filthy, Asiatic shepherds"--that God needed to replace that with a completely comprehensive new culture. God gave them an entirely new way to relate to one another at all levels: Fellow countrymen, neighbors, husbands, wives, daughters, sons...God changed it all. What they ate, how they cooked it, how they ate it...God changed it all. How they cut their hair, how they wore their clothes, what fabrics they wore...God changed it all. How husband and wives had sex, even how they defecated...God changed all of it. All of it. God erased all aspects of the slave culture that had been inculcated into them by their Egyptian "sojourn."

Why did God have to do all that? Because a slave culture is a broken, dysfunctional, self-debasing culture. It's designed as such by the slavers.

Unfortunately, American Descendants of Slavery have not had the "wilderness" experience, and we've still essentially living with the entrails of the culture that enslaved us. It definitely is dysfunctional, and continuously growing even more so. I was able to see that myself even in the 60s.

There had been two proposed methods to deal with it. The first, which black people had been attempting from the very beginning, was to completely adopt white American culture--to become as "white" as possible in every way possible and to merge fully into the larger society. But white America has not allowed that to happen (although in just the last few years, in an effort to gain as many cultural allies as possible...that thought may have changed).

The second method was to create a new functional, self-affirming culture different from and separate from the culture of the slavers. That was what Elijah Muhammad and his Black Muslims (now, Nation of Islam) has been attempting.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

HI Jim,

I would contend that you have trouble understanding the truth of micro and macro when it comes to issues.

Sure, I can point to a handful, even several thousand cases of successful black people in careers. However, did you ask your relative if he had ever run up against what he believed to be racial profiling when shopping in stores and going through his daily life? While he may certainly have a successful career, it would be worth finding out what he believes about racism in America and his experience with it.

Just as your request that I talk to some local teacher to get real world experience to explain a national issue, I would contend that one working to 'find' a few success stories, does not negate the reality of what is happening on a national level regarding the problem.

You seem to obviously believe that the problem with blacks succeeding in America is of their own device, and while you're welcome to that understanding, I don't agree myself. As I've posted previously, I have witnessed racism in America and while it isn't 'out there' as it was 100 years ago when we could just hang black people from trees like garden lanterns, there is still a lot of white vs. black animosity that won't go away until we really, as an entire country, believe that all men are created equal.

God bless,
Ted

The problem of whether blacks succeed or not has more to do with the breakdown of the black families, which started decades ago. We're just seeing the effects of kids brought up on the streets
where gang leaders and pimps were their role models. Their father's were nowhere to be found. Their mothers were too young and ignorant to have children in the first place, but it got them an apartment and a monthly check. Some of that changed of course, but it merely fed into poverty where many people, black and white, are trapped into lifestyles which are not conducive for kids to grow up in. Of course this isn't the case for all black kids and many rose above their situation and became successful. Listen to Thomas Sowell sometime and hear what he says about the BLM.

Race isn't the issue so much as culture.

OH and yes, by nieces husband experienced racism, but didn't let it control him.

As I learned from reading those who suffered hardships no one should experience, "bitterness will be a downfall for you, don't let it control you." It's why Jesus taught us to forgive our enemies. It's the only way to grow.

Either way, the solution isn't to throw money into the black communities as black leaders keep screaming for. Instead, it's time for blacks to start telling blacks to take responsibility for themselves and stop looking to blame white people for their situation.

• Agree
Reactions: BrAndreyu
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sure. But, of course, the majority can be identified where it occurs, and that identification is neither spurious nor specious.

And there are always other sources of "privilege." There is, for instance, "male privilege" and "pretty girl privilege." There is also "rich man privilege."

Back in the 70s, author John Malloy writing his first edition of "Dress for Success" discovered in his clothing tests a number of "rich man privilege" effects that occurred merely when his testers wore clothing socially attributed to the wealthy. For instance, a man wearing a tan cashmere overcoat was more able to push past others through a doorway without resistance than the same man wearing a black overcoat.

These privileges are not something a person has, they are what is accorded to them by others. When those "others" are persons can make substantive decisions and actions on other people, however, it does become a concern. A police officer who confers "pretty girl" or "rich man" privileges, for instance, is a problem.

It's the human condition. Humans view success by outward appearances and when they're part
of the majority, they'll judge by the standard of the majority.

We all do it and do it to each other. Unless a person is free of ego driven identity, they will hold onto the false image they have of themselves and others. Instead of seeing the soul of a person, they see the outward object.

God views us according to what's in our hearts.

We need to see others as God sees them, but this is a message the secular world will never hear.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem of whether blacks succeed or not has more to do with the breakdown of the black families, which started decades ago. We're just seeing the effects of kids brought up on the streets

The breakdown of black families began on the slave ships.

It continued through centuries of black families broken up through slave sales.

And then continued further through Black Codes, Jim Crow laws, redline codes, and just plain old white terrorism that diminished the ability of black men to be effective protectors and providers and black women from being stay-at-home wives and mothers.

Finally, in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, the black family--already terribly fragile from centuries of racism--was hit by the same anti-family feminism that affected white families as well.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's the human condition. Humans view success by outward appearances and when they're part
of the majority, they'll judge by the standard of the majority.

We all do it and do it to each other. Unless a person is free of ego driven identity, they will hold onto the false image they have of themselves and others. Instead of seeing the soul of a person, they see the outward object.

God views us according to what's in our hearts.

We need to see others as God sees them, but this is a message the secular world will never hear.

Your response reminds me of the Bruce Hornsby song, "The Way it Is."

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The breakdown of black families began on the slave ships.

Not exactly true according to Dr Thomas Sowell. "Most black children were raised in two-parent families prior to the 1960s. But today the great majority of black children are raised in one-parent families." Blame the welfare state, not racism, for poor blacks' problems: Thomas Sowell

It's only gotten worse where today 70% of black children are born in homes
with no father. This had nothing to do with slave ships 400 years ago.

It continued through centuries of black families broken up through slave sales.

Not true since slavery ended in 1865 and slave trading ended January 1, 1808.

And then continued further through Black Codes, Jim Crow laws, redline codes, and just plain old white terrorism that diminished the ability of black men to be effective protectors and providers and black women from being stay-at-home wives and mothers.

Thomas Sowell

@ThomasSowell

·
Jun 9, 2020

"The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals' expansion of the welfare state. Most black children grew up in homes with two parents during all that time but most grow up with only one parent today"

Unjust laws didn't break down the black families. As I posted earlier, it didn't start happening until the 1960's. Before that, black families were very much still together.

Finally, in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, the black family--already terribly fragile from centuries of racism--was hit by the same anti-family feminism that affected white families as well.

Racism didn't break up the black family structure.

Just as Anti-semitism didn't breakup the Jewish family structures, nor did anti-Asian prejudices that existed in the past break up Chinese and Japanese families. Why do they continue to exist despite the prejudices against them ?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

Race isn't the issue so much as culture.

So, let me see if I do understand you. Your own relative has experienced racism, but because you feel he was strong enough to not let it control him, then everyone in the world should be as strong as he is. Look, you said your relative moved here from Africa (I think), so he didn't actually grow up with white boys and girls on the playground pointing fingers or calling him names. Despite the fact that you likely won't see the difference, when such issues are imbedded from an early age, they are much more damaging to the psyche. Do you know who Dylan Roof is? Just imagine the blacks who were unfortunate enough to come into contact with him from day to day. How about those proud card carrying members of the KKK? These are people who walk around on the streets of their little or big cities all across America and will have some interaction with the black people of their community.

You may enjoy living in that world you've created that says the problems with black people is of their own devices, and yes, I absolutely agree that these problems have carried over from generation to generation and that many black people today are still living with the stigmatisms adopted from their parents, but guess what? There's a reason that their parents taught them or promoted to them those stigmatisms. The mother tells her young son, "Son, don't ever talk back to a white person. They might just kill you and in my generation they could do it with impunity. So be careful how you act and what you say around white people." Hey, my mother never set me down and warned me about being careful around black people. I contend that there is a lot of racism still out there, but whites, in general, don't see it because it doesn't effect them. They never experience the conversations around the dinner table about how some white man mistreated their daddy. They don't hear the snide remarks made as they walk by a crowd of people. They don't see the little old ladies who grab tighter to their purses as they walk by a black man. So when their relatives tell them that they've experienced racism, they say, "Yea, but it wasn't so bad right? I mean you didn't let it define who you are, right?" But it was still there and because their relative was strong enough to get through it...they believe that it isn't there.

Listen, believe what you will. Certainly if you're not willing to put stock in studies such as done by the Brookings Institute or Pew Research, I hardly think my testimony has any chance of making a difference in your thinking.

God bless
Ted

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

So, let me see if I do understand you. Your own relative has experienced racism, but because you feel he was strong enough to not let it control him, then everyone in the world should be as strong as he is. Look, you said your relative moved here from Africa (I think), so he didn't actually grow up with white boys and girls on the playground pointing fingers or calling him names. Despite the fact that you likely won't see the difference, when such issues are imbedded from an early age, they are much more damaging to the psyche. Do you know who Dylan Roof is? Just imagine the blacks who were unfortunate enough to come into contact with him from day to day. How about those proud card carrying members of the KKK? These are people who walk around on the streets of their little or big cities all across America and will have some interaction with the black people of their community.

You may enjoy living in that world you've created that says the problems with black people is of their own devices, and yes, I absolutely agree that these problems have carried over from generation to generation and that many black people today are still living with the stigmatisms adopted from their parents, but guess what? There's a reason that their parents taught them or promoted to them those stigmatisms. The mother tells her young son, "Son, don't ever talk back to a white person. They might just kill you and in my generation they could do it with impunity. So be careful how you act and what you say around white people." Hey, my mother never set me down and warned me about being careful around black people. I contend that there is a lot of racism still out there, but whites, in general, don't see it because it doesn't effect them. They never experience the conversations around the dinner table about how some white man mistreated their daddy. They don't hear the snide remarks made as they walk by a crowd of people. They don't see the little old ladies who grab tighter to their purses as they walk by a black man. So when their relatives tell them that they've experienced racism, they say, "Yea, but it wasn't so bad right? I mean you didn't let it define who you are, right?" But it was still there and because their relative was strong enough to get through it...they believe that it isn't there.

Listen, believe what you will. Certainly if you're not willing to put stock in studies such as done by the Brookings Institute or Pew Research, I hardly think my testimony has any chance of making a difference in your thinking.

God bless
Ted

My nieces husband expressed his own feelings, but also those of his relatives and friends who also
immigrated here from Kenya.

Yeah there are bad people out there. I can imagine the blacks who came into contact with Dylan Roof, just as I came into blacks who were racists when I was in the Marines. I was jumped and beat up outside the enlistedmen's club just for being white. Other white Marines were also jumped out in the village. It finally stopped when a white kid was nearly killed from his beating and the base commander put the MP patrols in extra mode.

I was also arrested at Camp Pendleton along with other whites while waiting for the bus. The reason was because there was a riot of black Marines about to break out at the enlistedmen's club and the policy for the MP's was to arrest four whites for every black man they arrested. Despite not even being near the EC, we were arrested and brought to jail. Released later, but harassed by the MP's.

I'm not excusing racism against black people as I know it happens by idiots like Dylan Roof.

I'm only bringing this up to show that racism isn't a one way street. All races have their prejudices.
We can either get over it, or continue to give preference to blacks at the expense of white people, with the bogus idea that it will even things out. As long as the media keeps feeding racism, it will only get worse. My local channel will not identify suspects in crime by race unless they're white. That's how race baiting they've become.

Heck, my wife worked with a Chinese woman from Canton China. Her husband is Mandarin. When they visited his family in China, she was not allowed to go home and visit her family, because of the prejudice against Cantonese Chinese.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

Yeah there are bad people out there. I can imagine the blacks who came into contact with Dylan Roof, just as I came into blacks who were racists when I was in the Marines.

So, even though you have these experiences with racism, you don't see it as a problem? You understand, as I do, that black people in their daily lives that may have come into contact with the bigots of America like Dylan Roof, or the two acquaintances of mine that I mentioned, likely suffered racial epithets, it's not a problem and shouldn't have any bearing on how black people should feel just as equal as any white man. As to your wife's co-worker, look I hope China works out their racist attitudes also. I hope that South Africa works out their race problems. I hope that the whole world can do better with racial issues, but what I'm talking about here, and honestly I assumed that you were also, was the race issue in America and why it might be the driving force behind CRT training in America. Hey, maybe one day China will adopt our CRT training programs and your wife's co-worker will feel better about, and be able to visit, her parents. I don't know, but I really didn't think we were trying to address the CRT issue as it relates to the whole world.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My nieces husband expressed his own feelings, but also those of his relatives and friends who also
immigrated here from Kenya.

It's interesting that because you have an in-law from Kenya, you think you know enough about American black people to pontificate on what we should do about our situation.

That's called the Dunning–Kruger effect.

I was also arrested at Camp Pendleton along with other whites while waiting for the bus. The reason was because there was a riot of black Marines about to break out at the enlistedmen's club and the policy for the MP's was to arrest four whites for every black man they arrested. Despite not even being near the EC, we were arrested and brought to jail. Released later, but harassed by the MP's.

I don't believe for a moment that the US Marines had a "policy" to arrest four whites for every black man. Produce the policy document. Produce a statement from a Marine official.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

So, even though you have these experiences with racism, you don't see it as a problem?

I believe I did say racism was wrong.

"I'm not excusing racism against black people as I know it happens by idiots like Dylan Roof."

As to your wife's co-worker, look I hope China works out their racist attitudes also. I hope that South Africa works out their race problems. I hope that the whole world can do better with racial issues, but what I'm talking about here, and honestly I assumed that you were also, was the race issue in America and why it might be the driving force behind CRT training in America. Hey, maybe one day China will adopt our CRT training programs and your wife's co-worker will feel better about, and be able to visit, her parents. I don't know, but I really didn't think we were trying to address the CRT issue as it relates to the whole world.

The racism was from her husband, not the state.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting that because you have an in-law from Kenya, you think you know enough about American black people to pontificate on what we should do about our situation.

That's called the Dunning–Kruger effect.

I don't believe for a moment that the US Marines had a "policy" to arrest four whites for every black man. Produce the policy document. Produce a statement from a Marine official.

So call me a liar, it's what you're implying

Fact is, they arrested 10 of us who were at a bus stop, nowhere near the enlisted men's club.

We were taken to jail then released without even being told why we were arrested.

Everyone knew the reason why and later MP's who came over to Okinawa, told us it was the policy.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@RDKirk

I didn't know there was a name for it, although I'm not surprised. Yes, people often tend to find the one exception to a rule, and thus say the rule isn't valid. Or, a few exceptions to a rule and claim that overall the rule isn't valid 'for most people'. It's like the good ole white boy proclaiming, "I know them 'n' can do better! Heck I know one that went to Harvard, although he got his education paid for by the welfare state as a part of that racial equity legislation that them 'n' always get."

@JimR-OCDS

Here's one more link that you may find interesting reading on the subject and I believe does help explain the very attitude that you seem to be pushing: Speaking of Psychology: The invisibility of white privilege with Brian Lowery, PhD

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@RDKirk

I didn't know there was a name for it, although I'm not surprised. Yes, people often tend to find the one exception to a rule, and thus say the rule isn't valid. Or, a few exceptions to a rule and claim that overall the rule isn't valid 'for most people'. It's like the good ole white boy proclaiming, "I know them 'n' can do better! Heck I know one that went to Harvard, although he got his education paid for by the welfare state as a part of that racial equity legislation that them 'n' always get."

@JimR-OCDS

Here's one more link that you may find interesting reading on the subject and I believe does help explain the very attitude that you seem to be pushing: Speaking of Psychology: The invisibility of white privilege with Brian Lowery, PhD

God bless,
Ted

So you copied RDKirk's race baiting post ?

Yeah it's an accusation blacks make, like the author in the article.

There are other's, including blacks who say this is false and used as an excuse to blame others for their own failures.

As I stated before and as psychologist like Dr Jorden Peterson have said, it's actually majority privilege. When a race of people make up the majority, it's going to seem that they get privileges
that you don't get because your in the minority race.

The same strategy was used in the Soviet Union against the wealthy and intellectuals. "You know why you can't get ahead ? Because the system was rigged against you by the wealthy and intellectuals. "

Class warfare. Divide and conquer.

It's growing larger everyday.

• Agree
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

I believe I did say racism was wrong.

"I'm not excusing racism against black people as I know it happens by idiots like Dylan Roof."

So, I'm not exactly clear on what your argument is here. You admit that racism exists. That black people that have to deal with the likes of the Dylan Roof's of the world may well be put down and tormented because of the color of their skin, but...

Those problems shouldn't be addressed as CRT is trying to address them. By trying to teach everyone that bigotry and racially motivated actions and words are not actually a natural law, such as gravity or that water seeks level, but are a result of culture and mores held by the group who inflicts the racially charged conversation. By trying to show young people that people of other races and ethnicities bleed red blood the same as they do. That the families of those groups hold the same hopes and dreams for their lives and the lives of their children as your mother and father hold for you. That the father of a black family would like to be able to provide for his son or daughter the same opportunities in learning and working as your father likely wanted for you. But in many, many instances, certainly not all, they come up against the wall of racism to hold them back, where your father doesn't have any such problem as that to deal with.

Not to say that parents of all children don't have problems, but the race issue shouldn't be one of them for any family. This is what CRT training is attempting to address. Yes, as a nation we've spent a lot of time and effort attempting to address racism. Through fair housing legislation and, as discussed earlier, many educational programs. We finally made it illegal to make blacks sit in the back of the bus and drink from separate water fountains and use separate facilities. We did finally get people to stop believing that black people had tails. But the underlying current of black/white racism is still there. It isn't quite as prevalent, but it is still around.

We still have the people who live their lives with the mantra that they hate black people and that black people should be wiped off the face of the nation. Yes we have addressed housing issues through fair housing legislation, but it's still out there. It's just packaged differently, but the result is much the same. We don't want black people to live next door to us. The black people have their own worship facilities and they should go there where they will feel more accepted. You know, if we let those black people in they'll start dancing in the pews and raising their hands and hollering hallelujah. They really ought to go elsewhere. God didn't mean for the races to co-mingle and any white woman that marries a black man ought to be put out of fellowship with us. These are just a few of the racial attitudes that do still exist in our country.

Maybe you should get your wife's co-worker to send her husband to CRT training. You don't find it odd that you even refer to the husband's treatment of his wife as 'racism'. Hmmm.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

So, I'm not exactly clear on what your argument is here. You admit that racism exists. That black people that have to deal with the likes of the Dylan Roof's of the world may well be put down and tormented because of the color of their skin, but...

Those problems shouldn't be addressed as CRT is trying to address them. By trying to teach everyone that bigotry and racially motivated actions and words are not actually a natural law, such as gravity or that water seeks level, but are a result of culture and mores held by the group who inflicts the racially charged conversation. By trying to show young people that people of other races and ethnicities bleed red blood the same as they do. That the families of those groups hold the same hopes and dreams for their lives and the lives of their children as your mother and father hold for you. That the father of a black family would like to be able to provide for his son or daughter the same opportunities in learning and working as your father likely wanted for you. But in many, many instances, certainly not all, they come up against the wall of racism to hold them back, where your father doesn't have any such problem as that to deal with.

Not to say that parents of all children don't have problems, but the race issue shouldn't be one of them for any family. This is what CRT training is attempting to address. Yes, as a nation we've spent a lot of time and effort attempting to address racism. Through fair housing legislation and, as discussed earlier, many educational programs. We finally made it illegal to make blacks sit in the back of the bus and drink from separate water fountains and use separate facilities. We did finally get people to stop believing that black people had tails. But the underlying current of black/white racism is still there. It isn't quite as prevalent, but it is still around.

We still have the people who live their lives with the mantra that they hate black people and that black people should be wiped off the face of the nation. Yes we have addressed housing issues through fair housing legislation, but it's still out there. It's just packaged differently, but the result is much the same. We don't want black people to live next door to us. The black people have their own worship facilities and they should go there where they will feel more accepted. You know, if we let those black people in they'll start dancing in the pews and raising their hands and hollering hallelujah. They really ought to go elsewhere. God didn't mean for the races to co-mingle and any white woman that marries a black man ought to be put out of fellowship with us. These are just a few of the racial attitudes that do still exist in our country.

Maybe you should get your wife's co-worker to send her husband to CRT training.

God bless,
Ted

Nuff said.

I'm not justifying racism, but I'm not promoting it which from what I've seen CRT is doing.

RDKirk's message to you, did you copy and paste that by accident ?

I didn't see it in his public post.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

I'm not justifying racism, but I'm not promoting it which from what I've seen CRT is doing.

Any possibility that you don't understand what the purpose of CRT training is. I contend that it is not to promote racism, but to make people aware of it and put to rest the ideas that promote it.

So you copied RDKirk's race baiting post ?

Exactly what words in his post do you contend are 'race baiting'?

As I've already said, I can see that your mind is made up on the issue and don't seem inclined to let any alternative information get in the way of that.

As I stated before and as psychologist like Dr Jorden Peterson have said, it's actually majority privilege. When a race of people make up the majority, it's going to seem that they get privileges
that you don't get because your in the minority race.

Is that the Jordan Peterson who runs a blog and is a clinical psychologist in Canada? Do you then believe that when qualifying black people are refused a particular rental or housing location that the real issue is that there are more whites than blacks? That two water fountains set side by side, with one having a sign that says for white's only, that it's because there are just too many whites to allow the black man to drink from the same fountain? It'll cause long lines at the water fountain if we let blacks drink from the same fountain as white people? Do you really believe that all those black men hanging from trees 100 years ago just 'seemed' bad because the black man was a minority?

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@JimR-OCDS

Any possibility that you don't understand what the purpose of CRT training is. I contend that it is not to promote racism, but to make people aware of it and put to rest the ideas that promote it.

Is it possible you're not using the current definition of CRT which is being taught, that the nation was founded on oppressive, racist white men and still holds today ?

That white privilege is why whites are economically successful and blacks aren't ?
Of course this idea ignores the fact that Asians do better economically than whites.
I guess they benefit from Asian privilege. :D

Exactly what words in his post do you contend are 'race baiting'?

The term "white boy," used in his post when he doesn't agree with the statements.

As I've already said, I can see that your mind is made up on the issue and don't seem inclined to let any alternative information get in the way of that.

I see your mind as made up as well. The problem is that you seem to be turning a blind
eye to how CRT is being taught today and using a definition of the past.

Is that the Jordan Peterson who runs a blog and is a clinical psychologist in Canada? Do you then believe that when qualifying black people are refused a particular rental or housing location that the real issue is that there are more whites than blacks?

Dr Jordan Peterson is a psychologist and was a professor at the University of Toronto.
I read his book, "12 Rules For Life." I also have watched many of his YouTube interviews
with other psychologists like Jonathan Haidt and the former professor at Evergreen State College, Bret Weinstein. In fact, you should hear what was done to Bret Weinstein in the name of anti-racism" by radical students, the majority being white.

Refusing to rent or sell a house to black people rarely happens today as blacks have lawsuits on their side when they're refused housing whether in white or black neighborhoods.

I knew landlords who owned section 8 apartment units in Boston.
They could not refuse to rent to black people, even when those people had poor credit. The
Welfare department had to send the monthly rent check to the landlord, because sending it
to the person on Section 8, the money would not be used for rent, but for whatever and was lost.

That two water fountains set side by side, with one having a sign that says for white's only, that it's because there are just too many whites to allow the black man to drink from the same fountain?

Cripes, what year do you life in ? This hasn't happened since the 60's and it was done in portions of the south. I never seen such in my 70 years here in MA. Did it happen ? Of course it did, but we're trying to move forward, not backwards.

CRT goal is to promote racism especially against the foundation and history of how this nation
was founded. They teach that it was founded by oppressive white racist men. The 1619 crowd want to eliminate July 4th as the holiday which celebrates the birth of the nation.

"The project dedicated an issue of the magazine to a re-examination of the legacy of slavery in the United States, at the anniversary of the 1619 arrival of the first slaves to Virginia, challenging the notion that the history of the United States began in 1776 or with the arrival of the Pilgrims"

The 1619 Project - Wikipedia

Yeah, there are many of us in the silent majority, who are getting fed up with the cancel culture and CRT people. We're going to push back and not be bullied into trashing the actual history of the nation and replace it with some fabricated ideas from leftist.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0