Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There is a non denominational Church about a few miles from my home in Hallandale Beach. When I saw the words "potential" in the sign, it gave me a big heads up to get me thinking that it might be a mini Lakewood Church, that teaches motivation, positive thinking, and how to have a better life. Also, in Hallandale Beach, I found a few other churches, but one is a Modalist Pentecostal Church, where a Pastor claims to be an apsotle, supposedly working to "bring in God's Kingdom", and the other is a Church of Christ.
There are 2 other nearby options in my neighborhood that are close enough that I don't have to use the interstates, expressways, or the Turnpike. One nearby option is a United Methodist Church. I heard that the UMC is a liberal denomination. But I am giving it a moment of a doubt because the UMC is very broad in theological spectrum. And I heard that the pastor of that church actually gives edifying messages towards how to live as a Christian.
Other choices I have include a Southern Baptist Church and a Lutheran Missouri Synod Church in Miramar. Both are theologically sound churches.
The one inconvenience I have in leaving the Catholic Church is that it is right by my home, literally a few blocks away, a 5 minute walk away. That church also has a younger new priest that actually goes to the meat of the Gospel, though of course, mashed with Catholic tradition. Ever since that new priest came in, the whole church, from the building paint to the bulletin designs improved.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is a non denominational Church about a few miles from my home in Hallandale Beach. When I saw the words "potential" in the sign, it gave me a big heads up to get me thinking that it might be a mini Lakewood Church, that teaches motivation, positive thinking, and how to have a better life. Also, in Hallandale Beach, I found a few other churches, but one is a Modalist Pentecostal Church, where a Pastor claims to be an apsotle, supposedly working to "bring in God's Kingdom", and the other is a Church of Christ.
There are 2 other nearby options in my neighborhood that are close enough that I don't have to use the interstates, expressways, or the Turnpike. One nearby option is a United Methodist Church. I heard that the UMC is a liberal denomination. But I am giving it a moment of a doubt because the UMC is very broad in theological spectrum. And I heard that the pastor of that church actually gives edifying messages towards how to live as a Christian.
Other choices I have include a Southern Baptist Church and a Lutheran Missouri Synod Church in Miramar. Both are theologically sound churches.
The one inconvenience I have in leaving the Catholic Church is that it is right by my home, literally a few blocks away, a 5 minute walk away. That church also has a younger new priest that actually goes to the meat of the Gospel, though of course, mashed with Catholic tradition. Ever since that new priest came in, the whole church, from the building paint to the bulletin designs improved.
There is an Orthodox Church there at 622 E Hallandale Beach Blvd, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand why you are not happy with the Catholic church where you are.. it sounds like you have enjoyed it's new direction. Why are you looking to go to a different church now?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I found a few other churches
There is only one sure way of checking out a church and that is to attend it several times and talk to people and the minister.
Check out there statements of faith, if they have them listen to any on line sermons and visit them.

Check out the 'shipoffools' mystery worshipper page and complete and submit to the church and thje website.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hello, SC!

First, I want to say that you have sized up those choices very well. You are in the know about some of the subtleties that other seekers never pick up. For that, I congratulate you.

But I don't see in your post exactly what the issues are that you are concerned with when it comes to choosing a home church. The congregations that are available to you represent a broad range of Christian churches. Is there something (doctrine, worship style, etc.?) that you want to avoid...or something that you want to find? If so, what would that (or those) be?

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So you are attending a church out of convenience? Sounds odd.
I would take great care in choosing a church. Find one without made up doctrine. One keeping the original message.
I'm NOT looking for a church out of convenience, otherwise I would have automatically choose that motivational Potential Church or stayed in that Catholic Church. What I said is that I admit that the Catholic Church I usually go to is right by my house. But I acknowledge that just because it is close by and I was raised in that church, does not mean its true. The Catholics teach a works salvation.
In fact, I am willing to go a little further if I have to go to a sound Bible believing, Bible preaching church. And being that I live in a big city metro called South Florida (Miami+Ft.Lauderdale+WPB), there are a LOT to choose from. So there are many options on my fingertips, just make sure, like I said, preach the right, sound doctrine regardless of denomination.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think you focus should be on finding out the truth of the bible and doing very objective study and research and then look into different churches to see what they believe. Do not choose a church based on location or what people claim about the church or the pastor.

Upvote 0