Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So...you reject the idea of the Body of Christ and in the death of Christ for the (possible) redemption of all mankind?

Possible redemption with Christ -- fine -- but -- one must still pay the State for sins commited.

I hope and pray that all murders on death row repent. Hopefully before they are put to death.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
✟18,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Possible redemption with Christ -- fine -- but -- one must still pay the State for sins commited.

I hope and pray that all murders on death row repent. Hopefully before they are put to death.

M-Bob

I'm fine with the government performing punishment on criminals, that's part of its prerogative. What I worry about is that many Christians seem to think that's good enough and it serves God's will. I think instead God's will would be to minister to criminals in the hopes of helping them achieve redemption. We're in a sorry state when we forget the great commission just because we'd rather see people get what's coming to them.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We see this all so often in San Diego County.
Please help us to remove -- PROTECT OUR CHILDREN!
M-Bob
Hi bob,
If a frenchman may allow himself to interfere in your policythinking (I do, for I feel christian before to feel frenchman), Maybe it's the reason why human societies should try and share work, so as to humanly integrate unemployed person in working populations, and to make people stop thinking so much of sex, for it's one of the more likely inclinations of unoccupied persons, and it's the surer path to stop such offences. At the roots...
I apologize for my intrusion by editing. I hope it won't be another kind of intrusion

Last edited:
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NNA
You sure like to jump to your own conclusions. What does what I said have to do with the body of Christ or his salvation? We aren't even talking about the same things. Most people's Christianity is like something they took out of a can. All laid out for them with no effort and no thinking. There's lots I don't believe, but we aren't even on the same page. Go open another can.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not nearly so interested in punishing criminals for their crimes as I am in fixing the problem of unchecked crime. No one is fixing anything. It's getting worse. And all Christians are saying is we must give them all a chance to get saved. Baloney!
God says the way of the transgressor is hard. But Christians say, Oh no! The way of the transgressor must be made as easy as we can. They should not suffer, they should be nurtured. You are the source of transgression since you thwart the word of God.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
✟18,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NNA
You sure like to jump to your own conclusions. What does what I said have to do with the body of Christ or his salvation? We aren't even talking about the same things. Most people's Christianity is like something they took out of a can. All laid out for them with no effort and no thinking. There's lots I don't believe, but we aren't even on the same page. Go open another can.

Fair enough, I may have done that. From what you said earlier though, especially the bit about not believing in a brotherhood of man and attaching limited significance to being made in God's image it seemed to me like that's what you were saying. I don't really know what else you could have meant, since from my perspective we're all equal before God in our need for redemption. We're brothers in sin, and I would hope that we'd also be brothers in salvation. When I read those statements from you they seem to be saying that some people, your brand of Christians, are better than others. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted you.

Anyway, my intent wasn't to hijack the thread, just to engage in a discussion about how we should look at and act about illegal immigrants and criminals in general as followers of Christ.

Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0