• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Long term unexplained nausea

Fourtimesblessed

Feb 20, 2017
✟9,954.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, my name is Morgan. I am a wife and homeschooling mom to four kiddos ages 2 - 10. I have had nausea that feels like morning sickness (all day sickness) almost every day for about 18 months now. I also have pelvic pain and ovary and back pain, but I do have two ovarian cysts that were found as well as a uterine polyp that explain those symptoms. The doctor does not believe the nausea is being caused by the cysts because they are only 3 cms each, but she did find evidence of a previously ruptured cyst as well.

In the time since the nausea started, I have also had blood and urine tests and a kidney/liver/ bladder/gallbladder scan. These were all normal.

I suspect a hormone imbalance, possibly a thyroid issue, but the doctor doesn't think I could have one because I don't have the risk factors for one.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I will be going back to the doctor, just want to narrow down who to see first to minimize expense!

Thanks so much for any thoughts!

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, my name is Morgan. I am a wife and homeschooling mom to four kiddos ages 2 - 10. I have had nausea that feels like morning sickness (all day sickness) almost every day for about 18 months now. I also have pelvic pain and ovary and back pain, but I do have two ovarian cysts that were found as well as a uterine polyp that explain those symptoms. The doctor does not believe the nausea is being caused by the cysts because they are only 3 cms each, but she did find evidence of a previously ruptured cyst as well.

In the time since the nausea started, I have also had blood and urine tests and a kidney/liver/ bladder/gallbladder scan. These were all normal.

I suspect a hormone imbalance, possibly a thyroid issue, but the doctor doesn't think I could have one because I don't have the risk factors for one.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I will be going back to the doctor, just want to narrow down who to see first to minimize expense!

Thanks so much for any thoughts!

Saying a prayer for your health.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0