Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesusisgood

Nov 9, 2010
✟15,992.00
Faith
Christian
I am 19, and have never been in a relationship. Watching all the young Christian people my age getting married or having a bf and rubbing it in my face makes me hate myself. Im tired and give up. No man will ever love me. Im told Im pretty but thats not good enough. Only Christian guys I like reject me for some frumpy chick whos blond or has big chest. Like really and its worldly to like me because I wear makeup??? Who's the worldly one sir?

R

ReginaPhlange

Jesusisgood, I feel for you. You sound just like me at 19.

I was popular and had many friends, but it was like I was a man repeller! I had my first relationship at age 20, which lasted for 6 months. My second relationship began when I was 24. I'm still in that relationship and we're engaged (I'm 35 now).

At one point, I never thought I'd be in a relationship, let alone engaged to be married.

Think about the name you chose for yourself on this forum - Jesus Is Good - He is!! We don't always understand Him, but I feel that His plan for you is to meet the right person, not just any person! Lean on Jesus and share your feelings with Him through prayer. I'll be praying for you too :)

I agree with hypostatic, not to sound patronising, but you are still young and have plenty of time to find someone who is as wonderful as you!

Many blessings x

Upvote 0

charity_22

To God be the glory..always.
Aug 21, 2009
Riyadh
✟18,337.00
Country
Saudi Arabia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
you're still young my dear, only 19. there are still more Blessings to come.. divert all of these frustrations into something that will improve yourself more like studying, learning more things.. having a degree and excel into something you love to do. There are many more opportunities to come..

we are saying these because we've been there at we've been wronged so many times. =)

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Linus

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Stockholm
✟86,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm really sorry that you feel that way!

My suggestion to focus on studies and other things and let God bless you with the right one in His own time. He knows what your hearts ache for.

Praying for you in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord!

Upvote 0

bocannes

Feb 12, 2012
✟7,904.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You need to stop being envious of other people. You are only hurting yourself when you judge these "frumpy", "blond" or "big-chested" girls. And comparing yourself to other people is a horrible habit that will only make you unhappy.

I understand your situation. It can be tough being single. We want so much to love and be loved. At the same time, we (people) are good at making things overly complicated and painful. We spend so much time "making sure" that *someone else* is the "right" person - trying to protect ourselves or control our lives. All you can control are your choices. You need to make *yourself* the right person.

You are not alone in your suffering. I have had to wait ten years for God to even point me to the right person for me. I've waited another year for God to open the door for a relationship between us (I'm still waiting).

Be patient. Fight. Stand up. You were made in the image and likeness of *God*. Your life has meaning and purpose. And if you trust in Him and follow Him, you will find joy.

Praying for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

Sarah2BH

I felt very similarly until one month before I met my first and only boyfriend (now fiance).

I was all alone at work (a little shop that I was in charge of running a couple days a week) and I was depressed. I paced the floor and spoke out loud to God. I told God that I knew that I wanted a husband and I knew that He had given me that desire. I pleaded with God to lead me to that one special someone or else replace the desire with something else. I asked Him to take me to the bottom of this pit I felt like I was in because every time I felt like I couldn't get any lower, I would. I asked to see the bottom and to know that there was only "up" to look forward to. I gave my life to Him and asked His will to be done.

Reactions: bocannes
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bocannes

Feb 12, 2012
✟7,904.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I felt very similarly until one month before I met my first and only boyfriend (now fiance).

I was all alone at work (a little shop that I was in charge of running a couple days a week) and I was depressed. I paced the floor and spoke out loud to God. I told God that I knew that I wanted a husband and I knew that He had given me that desire. I pleaded with God to lead me to that one special someone or else replace the desire with something else. I asked Him to take me to the bottom of this pit I felt like I was in because every time I felt like I couldn't get any lower, I would. I asked to see the bottom and to know that there was only "up" to look forward to. I gave my life to Him and asked His will to be done.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Thanks for sharing this story. I pray that God will bless your engagement and marriage :)

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
prayer.gif
May God bless you in His Merciful Love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Fire Rises

Via, Veritas, Vita
Jul 19, 2012
United States
✟9,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can, in some ways, understand your pain.

Today, my family and I have experienced heart-wrenching agony over the loss of our dog, whose life was claimed by cancer. It is a dark day for us, indeed. I prayed so hard for God to heal her, as I'm sure you've prayed for Him to find a suitable match for you. I know, believe me. These things can challenge your faith and shake your confidence in God to its very core.

But you cannot afford to give up. I'd like to share this poem with you.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life frlashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one set of footprints

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow and defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have been only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I need you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.