Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Yes, this is a prayer request thread, so I ask that other than giving me your stories, please don't forget to pray for me.

Everyday I get lonely because I just work and go home, and do nothing else. My friends are okay with not hanging out because they're either busy studying or have boyfriends to see, or husbands to entertain at home. I just don't have many friends to hang out with and I get lonely and long for friendship.

And no, I don't have a boyfriend or a husband. Strangely enough, at 25 I still haven't had my FIRST boyfriend, and it gets more difficult every year. When I hit my 26 birthday, it's going to be harder for me to write, "I'm 26 and still haven't had my first boyfriend." At 27 it will get even harder. It's not even the peer pressure. I am overall a lonely and needy person and while I try to seek God first, it is not good for a person to be alone as the Bible states. I truly understand this. With the loneliness also comes the fear of aging. Please don't say, "There's a lot of people older than you whose aging concerns would be more valid than yours." If you've never had a boyfriend at my age, it's hard NOT to be afraid of aging because you would want someone to enjoy your youthfulness while it lasts. So far NOBODY has been able to enjoy it. Please pray that God will address this for me. I'm really hoping that He would send someone my way very soon so that this person can enjoy my youthfulness.

So is anyone else in the same boat as someone my age or older who has never dated and doesn't have many friends?

Also, please pray for me.

Italianguy

Also known as Iguy! The follower of Christ.
Dec 13, 2009
USA, India, Italy...everywhere!
✟8,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I pray that the Lord blesses you with many happy days, and blesses you with the perfect man for you that He chooses.....preferably Italian....sorry i know thats biased, but what can I say?

Bella, you will find that with your patience and glorifying of or Lord while you are still single will be rewarded.

God be with you!

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I pray that the Lord blesses you with many happy days, and blesses you with the perfect man for you that He chooses.....preferably Italian....sorry i know thats biased, but what can I say?

Bella, you will find that with your patience and glorifying of or Lord while you are still single will be rewarded.

God be with you!

Bella? LOL... That's not my name, and it makes me think of Twilight...

Thanks for your prayer. By the way, in no way am I being racist, but I do want a Chinese guy because I want someone who shares my culture.

Upvote 0

Italianguy

Also known as Iguy! The follower of Christ.
Dec 13, 2009
USA, India, Italy...everywhere!
✟8,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bella? LOL... That's not my name, and it makes me think of Twilight...

Thanks for your prayer. By the way, in no way am I being racist, but I do want a Chinese guy because I want someone who shares my culture.

LOL, bella means beautiful in Italian.

I was just kidding on the Italian thing. Is ok, I married an Indian and I'm Italian.

God be with you sister!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, this is a prayer request thread, so I ask that other than giving me your stories, please don't forget to pray for me.

Everyday I get lonely because I just work and go home, and do nothing else. My friends are okay with not hanging out because they're either busy studying or have boyfriends to see, or husbands to entertain at home. I just don't have many friends to hang out with and I get lonely and long for friendship.

And no, I don't have a boyfriend or a husband. Strangely enough, at 25 I still haven't had my FIRST boyfriend, and it gets more difficult every year. When I hit my 26 birthday, it's going to be harder for me to write, "I'm 26 and still haven't had my first boyfriend." At 27 it will get even harder. It's not even the peer pressure. I am overall a lonely and needy person and while I try to seek God first, it is not good for a person to be alone as the Bible states. I truly understand this. With the loneliness also comes the fear of aging. Please don't say, "There's a lot of people older than you whose aging concerns would be more valid than yours." If you've never had a boyfriend at my age, it's hard NOT to be afraid of aging because you would want someone to enjoy your youthfulness while it lasts. So far NOBODY has been able to enjoy it. Please pray that God will address this for me. I'm really hoping that He would send someone my way very soon so that this person can enjoy my youthfulness.

So is anyone else in the same boat as someone my age or older who has never dated and doesn't have many friends?

Also, please pray for me.

I am praying for you.

I am 7yrs older and in same boat, but with additional complications.

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Your prayers mean a lot to me. Thank you.

iamjcs, I am interested in hearing your story, because it does comfort me when I talk to people who are in the same boat. I hope you will find comfort in knowing that my situation does have complications as well. My PM is full, so if you don't want to tell your story here, I understand, but if you do, I will be happy to lend you a ear.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suggest not only praying for a mate, but also praying FOR your mate. Even though you have no idea who that person is, but God knows exactly who it is.

Pray for their salvation and their walk and maturity in God. Also pray for your steps to be ordered together so that you will meet when the time is right.

I am praying for these myself.

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I suggest not only praying for a mate, but also praying FOR your mate. Even though you have no idea who that person is, but God knows exactly who it is.

Pray for their salvation and their walk and maturity in God. Also pray for your steps to be ordered together so that you will meet when the time is right.

I am praying for these myself.

I do that a lot. Thanks. Please pray for me.

Upvote 0

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
iamjcs, I am interested in hearing your story, because it does comfort me when I talk to people who are in the same boat. I hope you will find comfort in knowing that my situation does have complications as well. My PM is full, so if you don't want to tell your story here, I understand, but if you do, I will be happy to lend you a ear.

I am going to try to post some info on my "Visitor Messages" about me.

Check it tomorrow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.