Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

They should all be buried. I dislike the idea of having bits of dead saints all over the place. Only thing we should be concentrating on is the cross of Christ.

• Prayers
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They should all be buried. I dislike the idea of having bits of dead saints all over the place. Only thing we should be concentrating on is the cross of Christ.

I guess the faithful going back to the patriarch Joseph missed that memo

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why does God bless the faithful so abundantly through the relics of His Saints then?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
In Ecuador there probably aren't any, since it is in the 'new world' where Christianity is newer. Latin America was not Christianized until long after the East-West schism, and of course the Spanish and Portuguese got there first, so the area is traditionally Roman Catholic, and wouldn't be home to Eastern Orthodox saints (or at least not yet).

If you can come to the United States (I don't know if this is easier than Europe now or not), you could go to places connected to people like St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco that I would assume probably hold some relics of the saint (he passed only about 60 years ago). That might be as close as you can get for now, in the sense that it is at least commemorating a saint of the new world, even though it is not specifically Ecuador. I imagine there is quite a lot in Alaska related to the native Eastern Orthodox up there, but Alaska is not exactly the most hospitable of environments to be in if you are used to being in an equatorial country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Most of your Latin American churches will probably have relics of post-schism Catholic saints. Some of your pre-schism saints may be in Catholic churches mostly in Europe or maybe a large cathedral. I believe there's a decent sized Orthodox population in Buenos Aires, Mexico, Chile, and there was a mass conversion in Guatemala several years ago. If there are several Orthodox parishes in one area, than at least one will typically have a relic or two.

The Churches and Monasteries are unlikely to advertise whose relics they are blessed with, they are part of the inner life of the Church which is not widely known outside.
Correct. I know a lot of parishes that have relics, but the only ones that "advertise" are typically cathedrals or where the saint is resting. Like the ROCOR Cathedral in San Francisco where St John is.

• Informative
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0