Over 100 relics of Christ, Holy Family, saints to be displayed at New Jersey parish

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An exhibit that includes more than 100 relics of Jesus Christ, the Holy Family, and numerous saints will be exhibited at a parish in northern New Jersey on Saturday, Feb. 24, from noon to 7 p.m.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Oratory in Montclair, New Jersey, will host the exhibit at its Capozzelli Hall on 94 Pine Street. The parish is located in the Diocese of Newark, about 20 miles west of New York City.

“I think it’s going to be an experience for people — especially for an exhibit this large,” Joe Santoro, the regional delegate to the United States for the International Crusade for Holy Relics (ICHR), told CNA.

Santoro is supplying the relics for the exhibit, which he obtained personally through his work to preserve these holy objects. He said his preservation of the relics is “saving them from places where they’re not going to be honored in the appropriate way.”

Continued below.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
An exhibit that includes more than 100 relics of Jesus Christ, the Holy Family, and numerous saints will be exhibited at a parish in northern New Jersey on Saturday, Feb. 24, from noon to 7 p.m.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Oratory in Montclair, New Jersey, will host the exhibit at its Capozzelli Hall on 94 Pine Street. The parish is located in the Diocese of Newark, about 20 miles west of New York City.

“I think it’s going to be an experience for people — especially for an exhibit this large,” Joe Santoro, the regional delegate to the United States for the International Crusade for Holy Relics (ICHR), told CNA.

Santoro is supplying the relics for the exhibit, which he obtained personally through his work to preserve these holy objects. He said his preservation of the relics is “saving them from places where they’re not going to be honored in the appropriate way.”

Continued below.
How do they know these are true, genuine relics? My church once displayed a splinter of the cross Jesus died on and my hubby wanted to know how we can be assured it really is the cross from Jesus.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
When I saw the piece of the Cross it was so tiny. Just a splinter.
I think each Church has a splinter put into the altar under the cloth ... or something?

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think each Church has a splinter put into the altar under the cloth ... or something?

I think all altars have relics of saints embedded in them.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NEW JERSEY ORATORY
Visitors look at a display of 200 relics at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Oratory in Montclair, N.J., Feb. 24, 2024. Nearly 3,500 faithful from as far away as Maine and Maryland waited over two hours to view the relics of Jesus, the Holy Family, various saints, martyrs and blesseds on exhibit. (OSV News photo/Sean Quinn, courtesy Archdiocese of Newark)

Continued below.

Upvote 0