Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
✟16,539.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
What the heck is with all the zombie threads. Generic threads, ok, but people asking specific questions about specific circumstances from 2003 are best left alone.

Ok I know this thread is really old but am I the only person who noticed that the op is a female wanting to move in with her girlfriend?

... and? :p

She has later threads that say "boyfriend" so I don't know what this was all about, but it's from 2003 and it doesn't matter anymore.

[/zombie thread]

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
✟15,287.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well just as an fyi, I wasn't the one that brought this thread back from the grave. The previous poster was, which is the only reason I noticed it. :p

I just thought it was interesting that no one had noticed that tidbit of information in 10 whole pages. So sorry to have offended you ;)

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Living together before marriage is most likely to hurt a marriage if marriage even materializes. I have co-authored a book with my wife, Better by the Dozen, Plus Two, Anecdotes and a Philosophy of Life from a Family of 16. We write extensivley about whay God intends marriage to be. God bless.

James Littleton

Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Living together before marriage is most likely to hurt a marriage if marriage even materializes. I have co-authored a book with my wife, Better by the Dozen, Plus Two, Anecdotes and a Philosophy of Life from a Family of 16. We write extensivley about whay God intends marriage to be. God bless.

James Littleton

I would disagree with this statement based on research that I've read, while writing a paper for a marriage counseling class. The success or failure of a marriage has numerous factors, and living together isn't even in the top 5.

But...then again, I have a much different definition of marriage than most here and its against TOS, so I won't go there publicly. However, I will say my husband and I lived together for almost a year before we married and we will celebrate 14 years this fall. The marriage where I didn't live with my X prior to marriage was a dismal failure. Maybe if we'd lived together, I'd have seen what an abusive jerk he was and could have gotten out before the spit hit the fan.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0