Veteran
Sep 2, 2005
Ohio
✟9,691.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was sitting in the living room with my mother and grandmother (we usually don’t sit in there). My grandmother was waiting for someone to call her to let her know they was finished fixing her car. Someone pulled up in the driveway and my mother walked out of the house quickly. We heard some people talking and my grandmother was wondering who my mother was talking to. I peeked out of the curtain and saw my mother talking to a man with a group of girls in the backseat that appeared to be teenagers or in their early twenties. The guy came in the house and introduced himself as my mother’s boyfriend and said they’ve been dating for awhile. The guy also mentioned sometime during the dream that his daughters or granddaughters call my mother inappropriate names.

Can anyone tell me what this dream means?

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A living room usually represents the part of your life that includes others. (Each room is part of the house / you, but some are more private than others.)

Think about the feelings this dream evoked. A tension and curiosity and maybe criticism when your mother walked out? Anger that she puts herself in risky situations with people she shouldn't trust... jealousy that you were taking care of your grandmother and she was deserting both of you...

Then when he comes into the house, a force that you don't trust has invaded your territory. You might feel out of control... you didn't ask for that. Especially when it/he'd already proven it/himself untrustworthy.

I doubt this is about your mother and grandmother, but I might be wrong. I think it's more of a reaction to something in your life that annoys you, that got a foothold without your approval.

The two women might symbolize stability and things that you trust, your history and values...that sort of thing.

Upvote 0