Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matt 11:25-26 Abruptly Jesus broke into prayer: “Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You’ve concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. Yes, Father, that’s the way you like to work.”

27 Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly. “The Father has given me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows the Son the way the Father does, nor the Father the way the Son does. But I’m not keeping it to myself; I’m ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen.

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

I think this is one of my favorite series of verses. Jesus captures the beauty and simplicity of our Salvation in these wonderful statements. Once set free from the slavery of sin, it is this wonderful Father Son relationship that allows us rest and peace.

It is the key to living a Holy and separated life in Christ

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Matt 11:25-26 Abruptly Jesus broke into prayer: “Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You’ve concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. Yes, Father, that’s the way you like to work.”

27 Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly. “The Father has given me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows the Son the way the Father does, nor the Father the way the Son does. But I’m not keeping it to myself; I’m ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen.

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

I think this is one of my favorite series of verses. Jesus captures the beauty and simplicity of our Salvation in these wonderful statements. Once set free from the slavery of sin, it is this wonderful Father Son relationship that allows us rest and peace.

It is the key to living a Holy and separated life in Christ

This is quite beautiful:

unforced rhythms of grace

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is quite beautiful:

Thank you.
It's from the message
One guys paraphrase .
Its very nice.(sounding)

Not actually what the bible states though .
Jesus has just finished warning about the outcome of the unrepentant towns that don't turn to Him ..
Then
He says come me all you who are weary...
Come to me from where? From their sin!
Weary of what..? all the sorrows and griefs their Sins have laid hard upon them.
It is a great comfort to know any one can come to Jesus .Away from their sin
,which is the context of the scripture.

But it is a false comfort to suggest one can come to Jesus and remain in their sin and a huge misrepresentation to add so many words of personal assumption into the text making it appear to say something it doesn't.

There is a big difference between words of comfort and words that flatter .

Jesus uses true words of comfort after
Warnings..ie the warning “you will be hated of all men for my names sake“
Followed by the comfort “but he that endures to the end will be saved“

Just as above the warning about those tgatcrefuse to repent is followed by the comfort of the Call..to do so.

For to come unto Jesus..we have to forsake where we were before ,in order to Go to Him.

Check the bible text..not the message paraphrase.

Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”
AT THAT TIME Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light

• Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whom the Son sets free is free indeed!
This of course is true.
And we are set free in order that we may choose daily whom we serve.

And who or what we allow to overcome us after he has truly set us free indeed...is whom we serve.

• Winner
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This of course is true.
And we are set free in order that we may choose daily whom we serve.

And who or what we allow to overcome us after he has truly set us free indeed...is whom we serve.

Now you're getting it!

Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

How wonderful, how powerful a revelation it is that we can choose daily, even moment by moment to walk with the Risen Savior, to work with Him, to learn the unforced rhythms of His Grace. That daily walking and talking with Jesus is what keeps us close to Him, what keeps us living a Holy and Separated life.

Praying in the Spirit, singing worship, being instant in reacting to His voice open doors and allows His Mercy and Grace to flow ever greater.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you're getting it!

Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

How wonderful, how powerful a revelation it is that we can choose daily, even moment by moment to walk with the Risen Savior, to work with Him, to learn the unforced rhythms of His Grace. That daily walking and talking with Jesus is what keeps us close to Him, what keeps us living a Holy and Separated life.

Praying in the Spirit, singing worship, being instant in reacting to His voice open doors and allows His Mercy and Grace to flow ever greater.

I don't think @Alithis was being disagreeable, merely stating what the passage you quoted meant in context as we should understand all scripture :)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think @Alithis was being disagreeable, merely stating what the passage you quoted meant in context as we should understand all scripture :)

I understood the post quite well, explanation appreciated, but really not needed. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are set free so that we can be as Jesus was on the earth. A vessel of righteouness. A vessel of power and faith.

I agree with this in part...
Just because Jesus sets us free doesn't mean we are forever free...
A slave, once set free, can easily resubmit themselves to a yoke of slavery through selfwill or negligence.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with this in part...
Just because Jesus sets us free doesn't mean we are forever free...
A slave, once set free, can easily resubmit themselves to a yoke of slavery through selfwill or negligence.

Like your marriage in a way. You choose to walk in fidelity with your wife. You can choose not to, but there are consequences to your actions.

If you spend your marriage focused on the times you were not loving towards your spouse, how strong would your marriage be?

If you truly love your wife, your focus is on blessing her and doing what is best for her. Unless she is in sin, that can't do anything but strengthen your relationship.

I'm just focusing on what makes us stronger, what strengthens us and that I'd the Word of God and His promises, His Mercy, His Grace.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

When I focus on His Righteousness instead of MY sin, I takes my eyes off of me and see Him..

Fall so deep in love with God that you live to do what is pleasing in His sight and Righteousness is part of your daily life.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like your marriage in a way. You choose to walk in fidelity with your wife. You can choose not to, but there are consequences to your actions.

If you spend your marriage focused on the times you were not loving towards your spouse, how strong would your marriage be?

If you truly love your wife, your focus is on blessing her and doing what is best for her. Unless she is in sin, that can't do anything but strengthen your relationship.

I'm just focusing on what makes us stronger, what strengthens us and that I'd the Word of God and His promises, His Mercy, His Grace.

I agree, spending time with God is the way to a stronger, healthier relationship with him! :)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess I have trouble reconciling the words here
With your words elswhere.

So it portrays a sense that while you say one thing
Underneath it you mean another.

That is why you shouldn't base scripture on your perception of the person sharing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

When I focus on His Righteousness instead of MY sin, I takes my eyes off of me and see Him..

Fall so deep in love with God that you live to do what is pleasing in His sight and Righteousness is part of your daily life.
According to the verse you just quoted ..if your born of God you won't be practicing any Sin to be focused on.
We can inyfocus on our sin ..if we are sinning
And if we are continuing to practice sin and don't quit it...we are of the devil.

That's what the text in1 John 3 go on to say.
Repentance is required .if we continue to do the work of sin we are enslaved by it,not free.. not saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 2:3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

It is the goodness of God that leads a person to repentance. If you have a weakness, concentrating on the weakness will only make you weak. But focusing on the answer will set you free.

When the reality of God becomes greater in significance, sin becomes so very small. And living in true repentance becomes part of daily life and an expression of worship.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter said it best:

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Look at verse 9. That draws it even clearer.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 2:3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

It is the goodness of God that leads a person to repentance. If you have a weakness, concentrating on the weakness will only make you weak. But focusing on the answer will set you free.

When the reality of God becomes greater in significance, sin becomes so very small. And living in true repentance becomes part of daily life and an expression of worship.
Are you Now ..after quoting John
,accusing him of judging those who gave themselves over to all manner of sexual depravity ,while doing the same himself..as romans 2 is a continution of romans one and that is what Paul is talking about when he says the above verses.

As for me I am mother judging them not am I practicing the same sin.
It is true the goodness of God leads us to repentance
It is not true that he then repents for us.
That is up to us.
Jesus says ..come to me..
To come to Him we must forsake where we were..not remain there in our sin.

Upvote 0