LIVE MUSIC

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can't say I ever understood the appeal of jam bands.

It truly is an acquired taste... The more you listen, the more you appreciate it.

With the GD, specifically, the lyrical messages are also very enlightening

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It truly is an acquired taste... The more you listen, the more you appreciate it.

The same can be said for most non-popular genres of music. I had a friend in college who was into jam bands...so I've heard enough Phish and Grateful Dead songs to last a lifetime. I've simply never liked it or understood the appeal.

What is it about the music you like?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The same can be said for most non-popular genres of music. I had a friend in college who was into jam bands...so I've heard enough Phish and Grateful Dead songs to last a lifetime. I've simply never liked it or understood the appeal.

What is it about the music you like?

When I listen to it, it put's me sort of in 'my' own world. If you let it in as your own, and not someome elses thing, it will speak to you, personally, in your own special way.

It's also timeless. It literally does not go out of style -that's how you know a good song.

You should try peggy-o again for a listen from the first page or even terrapin station from the last song on this page. Notice that the guitar solo always occurs after the most meaningful lyrical expression....... That's where it 'gets' me... right at that point -it's kind of a point of ectstasy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When I listen to it, it put's me sort of in 'my' own world. If you let it in as your own, and not someome elses thing, it will speak to you, personally, in your own special way.

It's also timeless. It literally does not go out of style -that's how you know a good song.

You should try peggy-o again for a listen from the first page or even terrapin station from the last song on this page. Notice that the guitar solo always occurs after the most meaningful lyrical expression....... That's where it 'gets' me... right at that point -it's kind of a point of ectstasy.

Lol timeless? Yeah...the kids are all listening to the Dead these days...

So basically, it's appealing to you because of...how it makes you feel?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So basically, it's appealing to you because of...how it makes you feel?

Pretty much it it puts goosebumps on my arms if it's played correctly. :)

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol timeless? Yeah...the kids are all listening to the Dead these days...

The kids these days listen to less intelligent, arrogant music, sometimes with evil lyrics. Mainstream radio forces it on them.

...They don't know any better.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point of terrapin, in terrapin station, is the point where the sailor gives something dangerous, yet kind, a "try", where as the soldier was "much too wise"... Which is better is the point you ponder on as the solo occurs... That is the beauty of the song. :)

It's inspiring. Also, the lyrics are written by Robert hunter, who has studied poetry as well as any theologian who has studied religion on this forum.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The point of terrapin, in terrapin station, is the point where the sailor gives something dangerous, yet kind, a "try", where as the soldier was "much too wise"... Which is better is the point you ponder on as the solo occurs... That is the beauty of the song. :)

It's inspiring. Also, the lyrics are written by Robert hunter, who has studied poetry as well as any theologian who has studied religion on this forum.

I got about 2.5 minutes into it and called it quits.

• Haha
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0