me. I thought I was born again and saved but I guess I'm not. I
thought I was a Christian but I guess I don't fit the bill...I can't
stop with anger, which sometimes leads to blasphemy, lust, etc...This
has been going on for years..I have prayed and tried to stop so many
times I am at the point where I'm just giving up on the Christianity
thing. I guess I'm wondering if I'm praying wrong or if I'm one of
those too wicked God doesn't even hear me...Regardless I'm defeated
and will not pursue God anymore..I feel utterly abandoned...Maybe
certain people are hell bound and without hope...

clo101

Jun 16, 2013
England
✟15,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been going to church for 7 weeks and i love it.

I start every week with the intention of been good, not gossiping, not moaning etc! But I always fail somehow, but to be honest, I just try and get through it all with prayers. We're human at the end of the day. Don't give up if it's what you really want.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am writing to get some answers when anyone has time to get back to

Hello friend, let's talk about this..

What happened when you were first saved? What was the experience like? Do you feel like you had changed at all, or did you change and then change back?

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I also want to add that God loves you, and that He desires that you have a personal relationship with Him. Since you have the desire to know Him, He will reveal Himself to you. Sometimes we have to go through times like these so we recognize how much we need God. Paul said that he went through an experience that seemed like a death sentence, but it was so that He would learn to trust God who raises the dead.

Don't give up because God hasn't given up on you. There are probably just some things you don't understand about the gospel and how to live for Christ and when you get those things sorted out then you will start to have victory in your life. Satan is the one discouraging you and constantly attacking you so you will feel like you have been excluded. But that is just the way you feel; it isn't truth. You need to believe the truth which is that if you have given your life to Christ and believe in His life, death and resurrection, then you belong to Him. He loves you and He will fight for you. Just keep hanging in there and let's talk this out and see where you're at. I'm praying for you. God bless.

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WhereIsRevelation-

Welcome to the human race. Try as we might, none of us can live up to the standards of perfection that we know God uses as his 'yardstick'. That's why Jesus had to come among us in the first place. It wasn't to magically turn us into absolute perfectionists through our keeping the laws and commandments without fail. Instead, it was because none of us can keep the laws and commandments as God himself would require them to be kept if our salvation depended on our own efforts. That's why we call Jesus' passion and death 'an atoning sacrifice':

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by keeping the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished - he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. (Romans 3:19-26,NIV)

and

Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them." But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?' " (that is, to bring Christ down) "or 'Who will descend into the deep?' " (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile - the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:5-13,NIV)

If our only means of attaining eternal life was via our being 'good enough', heaven would be one empty place. But God compared what we were capable of doing with what he required for sinlessness (the prerequisite for having eternal life), saw that we could never 'measure up', and promptly took the necessary actions himself that would ensure that we could have the righteousness as a gift which we could never earn as a salary.

For this reason, we see whatever we accomplish as being a means of showing our gratitude for the salvation we have already been given, rather than its being an augmentation to that salvation, or even a necessary means of holding on to that salvation. We perform certain actions, such as feeding the hungry, while refraining from the performance of certain other actions, such as adultery, not because we see those actions as either ensuring that we keep our salvation or their being a threat to that salvation, but instead as our way of giving thanks to God for what he has done for us through our respecting his wishes and desires for us.

God bless-

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Salvation isn't dependent on YOU and what you can do or not do.

Salvation is depended on the Christ who died on the cross in your place for the forgiveness of your sins.

We believe in Jesus for our salvation. As humans, we will still sin. Thankfully God is at work in us, but please remember, that oftentimes we want to be our own gods and we do things we aren't happy about. God forgives you for those times when you sin! Believe in Him.

Sometimes it takes baby steps to turn away from those sinful things that we are caught up in doing.

Upvote 0

holdfast4yourlife

In every trying hour may we HOLDFAST to Jesus!
Jun 23, 2013
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will never give up on us though we at times may feel like giving up on HIM. He has taken the responsibility to reach out HIs hand to us to save us. All we have to do is to be willing to turn away from sin and reach out our hand to Him to save us, and lead us in the direction of His light. Hold on to HIs hand. He will not lead you in the way of darkness but in the way of Truth and Light. Why bother going any other way if His way is the only way to salvation and eternal life?

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every one of us still has predispositions that can result in sinful behavior even when we desperately want to be rid of them. Even the Apostle Paul struggled in this way, as he described in Romans 7:19, "For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing."

I find that when I struggle with anger, it's usually rooted in pride (and my own self-absorbed perspective). Focusing my attention on others a little bit more each day has really helped. Humility doesn't come automatically when we become a Christian. It's a life long journey.

So don't give up hope! But don't expect all the bad stuff to just drop away either. Just think of it as a long process with a VERY patient and loving coach by your side.

Upvote 0

Shulamite7

Jul 13, 2012
✟15,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have to be patient enough to allow God to work out everything for your good. It happens in His timing and not ours. He has His own way of doing things but you must allow Him to do it His way and not your way. I know this from my own life. Seemingly horrible situations have turned out for my good. As long as you are not plunging into any forms of evil and you accept the situation that the Lord has put you in then He WILL work it out for your benefit. Have a desire to do what pleases Him. No human is perfect.

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalms 40:1-2

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear WhereIsRevelation. You had much good advive, but may I give you Jesus` advice. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells a Lawyer: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: Love thy neighbour as thyself." Then Jesus
points out this great truth: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God wants our Love, freely given and No conditions made.
What do we do now? We start treating all we know and all we meet, we treat them as we would love to be treated: with kindness always, and friendly words as well. God will see our sincere efforts, and God will approve
and bless us. Jesus will give us His Love and Joy, and the Holy Spirit will empower us with His Love, as well.
Jesus told us to " ask and ye shall receive", ( Matthew 7: 7-8) then we thank God, and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet. We keep asking God and thanking God, and sharing all Love and Joy
with our neighbour. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on Loving and Caring. People will treat us the same as we treat people, and people will know that we are God`s representatives in this imperfect world.
The Bible tells us to: " Repent," to change from being selfish and unloving,
to becoming as God wants us to become: Loving children/sons and daughters
of our Heavenly Father. Jesus our Savour will help and guide us all the way:
JESUS IS THE WAY. All we say or do, all we advice and stand for, SHOULD BE FROM LOVE AND COMPASSION. God is Love, and God wants us to become
loving men and women. A Christian`s strong weapon is Love, and Love will overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour, AND Love will change us slowly and surly into the men and women which God wants.
I say this with love, WhereIsRevelation. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in
Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OmegaInsane

Nobody
Jul 16, 2013
✟7,632.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

You are saved by the grace of God, not of works. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast. There is nothing you can do to be holy, God makes you Holy. The cross of Christ has obliterated sin, there is no sin which you can commit that God did not know you would commit and subsequently forgave you for on the Cross. That's right, forgave.

So as not to go into a ramble, consider the Apostle Paul, whom the Holy Spirit used in marvelous powerful works, even resurrecting a youth who died from falling out of a window while he was preaching! Consider what Paul said in Romans. I suggest a complete reading so nothing will be taken out of context but I will pull the most relevant chapters and verses, as well as from other epistles, towards your immediate question.

Romans 8:
v.1 ---There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Note those words deep in your soul, NO CONDEMNATION. AS long as you continue striving after the Spirit of God, there is NO CONDEMNATION.

1 John 1:8-10
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Any who claims to be holy because they pray, because they fast because THEY DO THIS OR THAT is actually preaching a different Gospel. Christ is faithful to forgive us when we fall, if we confess. God knows all hearts and will know if you truly fell, or were simply tempting God, which is something I advise against obviously for it is a fearful thing to fall in the hands of the living God.

And finally

Romans 7: 18-25

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

And finally
1 Corinthians 4:3
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not my own self.

Do not judge yourself brother rather leave all things in the hand of the judge of the whole earth, Christ.

Spiritual maturity is indeed difficult to attain and at times it may seem the more good you do, the more evil comes your way but this is to perfect you! For the servant is not above the master, if he suffered evil, so shall we. Force your flesh to thank God for everything, good and bad, and all things shall work towards good if you love and trust in him.

Blessings to you and yours.

Upvote 0