texas
✟17,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of thAnd on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had

You know I'm really just asking why to make sure of something.

These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

If I'm to understand eastward in Eden, the the garden of eden is a place in eden, specifically somewhere in the East of eden.

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
apparently Adam and eve were never made aware of the tree of life, which is why God had said that unless they eat of the tree of life and life forever, it might have resulted from random chance.

And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

I find this odd as a statement because Moses apparently seemed like he thought it was a good idea to state that it had not yet rained, while there were massive rivers and sea life, which doesn't really make it seem nescesarry to state that it had not yet rained and also, I'm assuming because rain is the result of water evaporation, the statement doesn't seem like it makes sense that unless man started tilling the ground it would not rain.

The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Why is the first thing that God says to man a command?

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Also, why does this verse immediately jump to something else that is so completely different?

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Why does it say that a help meet was not found for Adam when it says in the prior verse that God was going to Create a helper suitable for Him?

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

How did Adam know eve was taken out of his bones if he was put into a deep sleep? I'm assuming there would Contextually have to be a conversation in which he was aware of this. I'm not sure Adam even knew he had what is reffered to as bones.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Genesis 3:1

“Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?”

Was eve near the tree at this point or far away from it?

Why was there such a massive transition? How did eve even wind up stumbling upon the serpent. I would imagine if they were commanded not to eat from the tree they would not be so curious they would go around it.

“And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Was Adam with her, and if so, why did he not say something. This seems to imply Adam was with her.

How does anyone understand this? was the serpent someone who came up to talk to eve? was she near the tree?

Having read this, it seems that the detail suggests Adam was with eve when she ate from the tree. How did this happen? Or were there in two separate places?

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Want to go even deeper? Through one MAN sinned entered into the world. Where was Eve when the command was given to Adam?

Gen 3:11 And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded YOU not to eat?"

Gen 3:17 Then to Adam He said, "Because YOU have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded YOU, saying, 'YOU shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of YOU; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life.

Now here's some more ...

Gen 3:6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.

When were there consequences for eating? When Eve ate? No. We don't know the time lapse, but nothing happened until Adam ate. Through one MAN sin entered into the world, and through the second man, Jesus, redemption was offered to all who were under the curse from Adam's sin.

Want to go further?

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'?" 2 The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'" 4 The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die!

Did anything happen to Eve when she ate? If all she did was eat of the tree herself, would anything have happened? Answer: Not until Adam ate. Why? The command wasn't for her. Yes, someone lied to Eve prior to this event, but so far it wasn't the serpent.

Here's Satan's partial lie ...

Gen 3:5 "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

It's a partial lie, because until Adam ate, nothing would have happened as the command was not given to her. Sin had to enter through one man and so all died, so that the payment could be made so all who accepted that payment could live. Thus choice for eternal life, or not, was given to all men.

1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Even in this verse, the word transgression is singular. There was only ONE transgression in the garden.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of thAnd on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had

You know I'm really just asking why to make sure of something.

These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

If I'm to understand eastward in Eden, the the garden of eden is a place in eden, specifically somewhere in the East of eden.

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
apparently Adam and eve were never made aware of the tree of life, which is why God had said that unless they eat of the tree of life and life forever, it might have resulted from random chance.

And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

I find this odd as a statement because Moses apparently seemed like he thought it was a good idea to state that it had not yet rained, while there were massive rivers and sea life, which doesn't really make it seem nescesarry to state that it had not yet rained and also, I'm assuming because rain is the result of water evaporation, the statement doesn't seem like it makes sense that unless man started tilling the ground it would not rain.

The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Why is the first thing that God says to man a command?

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Also, why does this verse immediately jump to something else that is so completely different?

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Why does it say that a help meet was not found for Adam when it says in the prior verse that God was going to Create a helper suitable for Him?

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

How did Adam know eve was taken out of his bones if he was put into a deep sleep? I'm assuming there would Contextually have to be a conversation in which he was aware of this. I'm not sure Adam even knew he had what is reffered to as bones.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Genesis 3:1

“Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?”

Was eve near the tree at this point or far away from it?

Why was there such a massive transition? How did eve even wind up stumbling upon the serpent. I would imagine if they were commanded not to eat from the tree they would not be so curious they would go around it.

“And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Was Adam with her, and if so, why did he not say something. This seems to imply Adam was with her.

How does anyone understand this? was the serpent someone who came up to talk to eve? was she near the tree?

Having read this, it seems that the detail suggests Adam was with eve when she ate from the tree. How did this happen? Or were there in two separate places?

There are important questions that the text is intending us to ask, so I think that you would be interested in reading this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Beast-That-Crouches-Door/dp/0983269041

Last edited:
Upvote 0