Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think ppl can listen to different speakers and still embrace a non denom church? I want more giving opportunities and fellowship. The word of faith is somewhat unique

I currently attend a non denom church here in GA by the name of free point church. I like it because that is how heaven will be non denom. But I say this in warning pray pray pray for the holy spirit to guide you as you look into denom. So much just like any church you can be mislead if you are not listening for what God spirit is wanting to show and lead you. God bless ya! Also remember to look for a memo of what the belief of the church is the virgin birth, the gospel, the holy spirit baptism, as well as the water baptism. God bless you :)

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I currently attend a non denom church here in GA by the name of free point church. I like it because that is how heaven will be non denom. But I say this in warning pray pray pray for the holy spirit to guide you as you look into denom. So much just like any church you can be mislead if you are not listening for what God spirit is wanting to show and lead you. God bless ya! Also remember to look for a memo of what the belief of the church is the virgin birth, the gospel, the holy spirit baptism, as well as the water baptism. God bless you :)
well yeah I believe all that too. the church I now attend is spirit filled, not pentecostal though. There is a lot of love here, many ministry opps and I believe in healing and prosperity too. I want to make new friends and be involved. The church I left was a word of faith church but only had the 3 of a family and they were kind of goofy (not me at all). So ppl have come and gone, most of reason is the people factor.

Upvote 0

Jesusismyking87!!

Nov 3, 2018
Savannah
✟19,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well yeah I believe all that too. the church I now attend is spirit filled, not pentecostal though. There is a lot of love here, many ministry opps and I believe in healing and prosperity too. I want to make new friends and be involved. The church I left was a word of faith church but only had the 3 of a family and they were kind of goofy (not me at all). So ppl have come and gone, most of reason is the people factor.

Pray over it my friend and seek into Gods word he will lead you he has done it for me I feel you I was there to but me it was more the church was to big. But again seek God and he will direct all your ways.

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Pray over it my friend and seek into Gods word he will lead you he has done it for me I feel you I was there to but me it was more the church was to big. But again seek God and he will direct all your ways.
well they have small connection groups.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I reccomend everyone “cut their teeth” on Word of Faith teachings.
In the name of "word of faith teachings", haven't false teachings been introduced? (Like tithe being a seed for financial returns instead of the blood of Jesus being that seed).

Oughtn't we to trust in God's Spirit to identify what is truly WOF and what isn't WOF?

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In the name of "word of faith teachings", haven't false teachings been introduced? (Like tithe being a seed for financial returns instead of the blood of Jesus being that seed).

Oughtn't we to trust in God's Spirit to identify what is truly WOF and what isn't WOF?
yes absolutely. The devil hates the tithe because he knows God will rebuke him every time a believer does it! I want him rebuked in my life. I think people have to research the scriptures. I am not looking for debate. You want the blessings of God or you don't and you can come up with every excuse not to give. Your choice.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
yes absolutely. The devil hates the tithe because he knows God will rebuke him every time a believer does it! I want him rebuked in my life. I think people have to research the scriptures. I am not looking for debate. You want the blessings of God or you don't and you can come up with every excuse not to give. Your choice.
So you earn blessings from God by your tithes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So you earn blessings from God by your tithes?
no but we open the windows of heaven by our tithe. it's an act of obedience. in the kingdom of
God it is operated by believing and receiving not earning and deserving like in the world.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

The WOF teachings I feel good for everyone...

1. Believe – Start with faith scriptures, commit them to memory, rehearse them in your prayers.
2. Speak – Speak scriptures daily, speak faith in all your circumstances
3. Pray – Ask the Father in the name of Jesus, making your petitions known in prayer.
4. Learn – Become a student of faith and read up in the Word of Faith doctrine
5. Apply – By putting your faith to work.
6. Commit - Acronyms to memory as well as scripture - BAD –Backbone-Attitude-Direction!
7. Begin a Faith Diet – Only let faith things through your eyes and ears, you may have to cancel some TV subscriptions! Seek to build faith friendships! Read up on faith material!

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Rocky, I remember you were influnced by R. W. Shambach , He was a friend of Jessie Duplantis back in the day.
I am going to pull up some of His teaching and listen.
I enjoy many different Preachers ,often another perspective brings a jewel that was over looked.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Rocky, I remember you were influnced by R. W. Shambach , He was a friend of Jessie Duplantis back in the day.
I am going to pull up some of His teaching and listen.
I enjoy many different Preachers ,often another perspective brings a jewel that was over looked.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
no but we open the windows of heaven by our tithe. it's an act of obedience. in the kingdom of
God it is operated by believing and receiving not earning and deserving like in the world.
So do you mean to say Christ hasn't opened the windows of heaven in your favour by His sacrifice on the cross?

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Listen to read watched allot preachers teachers WOF.. I just do not agree with everything they teach. Many years ago went to a Church of God church. There are DIFFERENT ones.. it was NOT that one :) some will know and understand. You can still hear from God.. learn..

But.. one day a bunch of us were all at Church holding hands and praying.. when I saw this square BEAUTIFUL light dark green long grass...just flowing in the wind. Then these HUGE stones started popping up ever where. I just knew.. not sure how I just knew it was that Church.

There is ONE body... blood of JESUS MANY MANY tents.. but ONE head.. Christ. One body.. He sees one body

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Listen to read watched allot preachers teachers WOF.. I just do not agree with everything they teach. Many years ago went to a Church of God church. There are DIFFERENT ones.. it was NOT that one :) some will know and understand. You can still hear from God.. learn..

But.. one day a bunch of us were all at Church holding hands and praying.. when I saw this square BEAUTIFUL light dark green long grass...just flowing in the wind. Then these HUGE stones started popping up ever where. I just knew.. not sure how I just knew it was that Church.

There is ONE body... blood of JESUS MANY MANY tents.. but ONE head.. Christ. One body.. He sees one body
Ephesians 4:13
13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Upvote 0