Fellowship Listed Biblical Strongholds (Redux)

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This whole thread kinda makes the cessationists who like to get mad every time they hear someone say, "I COMMAND YOU SPIRIT OF INFIRMITY TO GO IN JESUS NAME!" look dumb since they don't believe that "spirit of *whatever*" is biblical...

I view certain things of Christianity as being only for the intelligent and those dependent on GOD. Most people are not going to reach for anymore than their born again experience. They just don't have the faith for things like this, nor do they want it.

The gift that was in operation when a stronghold was cast out was the gifts of healings. Every time Jesus cast one of these things out of someone, there was normally the statement "and he was healed." Same with the apostles also.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
During worship at church today, The Holy Spirit started to correct one of my entries on the list,.. the spirit of delusion.

In the passages of 1John it is really associated with just unbelievers, the unregenerate,....

1Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, my little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.
1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they as of the world, and the world heareth them.

Hence, just regular spiritual discernment is utilized to know the difference, not the discerning of spirits, as it is not a spiritual stronghold to be cast out.

I will be updating and correcting the list and entries shortly. So in reality there will only be 14 strongholds in the list.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember and yes it deals with this.. if one thinks its wrong place PLEASE forgive me not here to offend. But I use to visit this elderly man in home who could only moan. He loved to hear the word of God. So I would read it or play the tapes. One day reading and just talking to the lord I said "you gave me this burden for this man so I have a right to know why he is not being healed". I never excepted anything but He came right back with "remember when Daniel prayed". its the lord so I knew about this story so I said "ok if this is really you were is that written" . He said "Daniel 10:9-12". What was .. word can't explain is those four words "remember when Daniel prayed". He said so much with just four words.

Anyway I go to Daniel and shocked.. that was it. What makes this so wonderful is I had never read the book of Daniel or the OT for that matter at that time. So getting haha to the point here "strong holds". He said a simple prayer will not work here. Satan had built a hedge around him.. aka a strong hold. Nothing like Gab was talking about with Daniel.

There are some that say believe the 2nd 3rd heaven are the lords as in He alone has the authority and we have the power authority for the 1st heaven. Just saying what some believe. There are some and I agree spirits that some take authority over that I can't find in the word. So I put on a shelve and keep going. If I am wrong Father change me first.

Just when you said strong holds (the 1st thread) I remembered this story.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the list. This is very informative.
I like Derek Prince. The man cast out many demons from many people. I recall him saying that most addicted people, that is 97% of them, are likely possessed or oppressed by demons.
Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess the extent to which they 'look dumb' would depend on if there is a spirit of infirmity present and whether it obeys the command of the Charismatic. God Bless :)

Look dumb as in dumbfounded. Their disbelief would result from a religious spirit not infirmity.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like Derek Prince. The man cast out many demons from many people. I recall him saying that most addicted people, that is 97% of them, are likely possessed or oppressed by demons.
Any thoughts?

As in addictive/compulsive spirits that keep them in bondage. That doesn’t mean they’re the ruler. Addiction is often a byproduct of painful experiences and becomes a coping mechanism.

~bella

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
One day reading and just talking to the lord I said "you gave me this burden for this man so I have a right to know why he is not being healed". I never excepted anything but He came right back with "remember when Daniel prayed". its the lord so I knew about this story so I said "ok if this is really you were is that written" . He said "Daniel 10:9-12". What was .. word can't explain is those four words "remember when Daniel prayed". He said so much with just four words.

That’s an excellent addition to the thread and an important nugget many overlook.

Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

The Prince of Persia is a territorial spirit. His dominion is Persia. Michael’s is Israel. Each country has an angelic representative and a demonic counterpart. But that isn’t the point I wanted to make. In relation to his prayer, its a hindering spirit. He impeded Gabriel from coming to Daniel. That’s why we’re told to pray unceasingly.

~bella

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Any thoughts?

Various addictions are forms of bondage, so yea, a lot of folks "can" be oppressed,.... even to the point of possession. I don't think his statement is all that wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I will try to finish up some more of the definitions this long weekend.

Before various people start spouting their opinions too much in this thread, here is the rule associated with the fellowship prefix,...

Use this tag for any thread where you just want to share chit chat or discuss a topic with other like-minded members. There should be No debate at all, it is strictly fellowship in nature. The OP of these threads can report their own thread if it crosses the line into debate and staff will assist in a thread clean up (please see above for a definition of debate).

I don't need my thread devolving into debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
13) Seducing/Deceiving spirits

1Tim 4:1-3 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron. Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which GOD hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

G4108 plános; gen. plánou, masc.-fem., neut. plánon, adj. from planáō (G4105), to deceive. Deceitful, deceiving, seducing (1Ti 4:1); as a subst., a deceiver, impostor (Mat 27:63, 2Co 6:8, 2Jo 1:7).

This demonic stronghold misleads and deceives people with false teachings, not lustful thoughts and feelings. The word “spirit” is plural in the scriptures as there are many of this demonic force specializing in many types of false teachings. It deceives the mind of a believer, and then attempts to persuade the believer to mislead other believers with its false teaching. It asserts reasoning from the mind as truth under the premise of it being from GOD without sufficient scriptural support. Ultimately, it seeks to mislead a believer away from a direct personal relationship with The Lord Jesus throughout their Christian walk.

A false teaching can eventually be a person’s doctrine that they continually assert unto others, and can be discerned through this desire to talk/teach/preach relentlessly about it and associate with material and people who justify their incorrect doctrinal stances. All thoughts, beliefs, and teachings must be thoroughly tested by the believer with the truth of GOD's word and the revelation of The Holy Spirit.

The known documented false doctrines of Christianity that can be possibly associated with this stronghold are immense. Such things as bible codes, oneness Pentecostalism, Modalism, universalism, baptismal regeneration, etc, can all fall under this particular stronghold.

14) The spirit of Fear

Job 4:14 Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.

2Tim 1:7 For GOD hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

G1167 deilía; gen. deilías, fem. noun from deilós (G1169), fearful, timid. Cowardice, timidity, reticence, fearfulness (2Ti 1:7, "a spirit of timidity" [a.t.], i.e., a fearful spirit).

Fearfulness, cowardice, timidity, reticence, terror, torment, nightmares, worry, inferiority complexes, phobias, inadequacies, all can be from the stronghold of fear.
So, you know of strongholds, which I'm guessing is "oppression" as opposed to "possession".

Have you had any experiences with these yourself of how to deal with them?

I've quoted the above, because I'm trying to understand what's happening.

I said a prayer while driving earlier. I've had a few visions etc, in my life and even though I recently know what has been from God and what hasn't - I find myself questioning this one experience I had 5 years ago. I'm still not sure if it was from God, even though it closely lined up with scripture, there is room for doubt.

I have asked God to clarify if it's in his will to do so, but no certainty of anything yet.
In the car I said I won't share it with anyone unless you guide me to, but I would like to know if it is the truth or not. I suddenly got a wave of nausea and an intense feeling of dread...it lasted about 5 minutes before I just "shook it off".

The only other time I've felt that way I was invited to someone's house who wanted to know more about Christianity. The person is an alcoholic with a traumatic past. As I was approaching their house, before I turned onto the street, that intense dread/nausea feeling came over me strongly. I was thinking, what is this? I figured it  was demonic and rebuked it in Jesus name. I sat in the driveway for a minute before it passed.

I was wondering if you could shed light on this for me, or point me to someone who can? As I am not getting clear understanding or an answer from God.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I spent some time updating the familiar spirits section and touched up the definitions in a couple others. For the most part this is now complete unless I happen to find something else of real importance.

I'll leave the thread open for a little while, but will eventually close it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Our pastor was cleaning out his bookshelf in his office and placed a lot of books outside for people to use if they wanted. I found a book about strongholds by a Carol and Jerry Robeson. I'm going to go through it and see if there is anything to glean from it. It's much more thorough than others I've seen, and they do have a list of stronghold similar to mine, so I'm interested to see what they have learned. They also have a sort of part 2 book about it that can be purchased, so if this one is informative I'll buy the other also.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to review the list. The Holy Spirit wanted me to look for any items where it's not an actual spirit that can be cast out of a person, but more of a personality/character trait instead.
This is an interesting study. I have known ministers who cast out what some would insist on being flesh and mental aberrations.
Yet the person delivered states that they actually felt something move out of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is an interesting study. I have known ministers who cast out what some would insist on being flesh and mental aberrations.
Yet the person delivered states that they actually felt something move out of them.

This is an area where a sort of "anything goes" attitude can happen from people, and it shouldn't. I believe there is a biblical teaching that can be followed here, we just have to ensure we are discerning the information correctly. There is no such thing as a fat demon that is a stronghold in the bible, so we shouldn't see people attempting to remove such a thing from someone, ect.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Going over the list, I would separate the spirit of pride from the list and list it as a character trait. I can't edit the list on the first page because I guess that feature is locked out on posts after an amount of time, but I will repost the list with any corrections.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Revamped stronghold list,...

1) A Familiar spirit

2) A spirit of Jealousy

3) The spirit of Whoredom

4) A Lying spirit

5) A Perverse spirit

6) The spirit of Heaviness

7) A Legion of Unclean spirits

8) A Dumb and Deaf spirit

9) A spirit of Infirmity

10) A spirit of Divination

11) The spirit of Bondage

12) A Seducing/Deceiving spirits

13) The spirit of Fear

Character/Personality traits described in scripture,..

1) A Prideful spirit

2) A spirit of Antichrist

Upvote 0