Nov 18, 2011
✟26,882.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Liquid eyeliner drives me crazy sometimes :p It may just be the types I have, but when I use it it always comes out too thick or wonky and full of gaps, and when I try to fix those, it's too thick again! Does anybody have any tips? I don't want these liquid eyeliners I have to go to waste. They're mostly black, but I do have a silver one which I love and which I can use because mistakes aren't so obvious...

Any advice would be appreciated :) Thank you!

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you want a more natural look, you could try dotting it on at the base of your eyelashes instead of drawing a line. I have one with a sort of felt tip rather than a brush that works well for fine lines. I forget the brand, but it probably is Covergirl, Maybelline or Revlon.

If your eyeliner is so thick, perhaps it is old. You could try boiling a little water (to kill any pathogens) and dipping your brush in the water, then in the liner to thin it out just a bit.

Upvote 0

Roseheart

Growing in Christ
Nov 18, 2011
✟26,882.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That's a neat idea, I may try that at some point. :) I have many, including a felt tip one, but I find that one quite difficult. The easiest I have are gel liners and the hardest ones I think are the pens. The felt tip one I think I would put in the middle. :)

I hadn't thought of that. I thought what made the liner I was thinking of in particular difficult was that it has a nib rather than a brush, which isn't as flexible and it's in the shape of a cone. It bends, but not smoothly to be able to draw a good line. (I hope that was a good description...). Anyway, I think I will try your water-trick to see if that will help. :)

Thanks for your answer!

Upvote 0

Roseheart

Growing in Christ
Nov 18, 2011
✟26,882.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I love it! I can brush it on how I like it and take a Qtip with water to take away where I don't want it. I love the thick distinct lines. So much easier than a pencil now.

A Qtip dipped in make-up remover sounds like a good idea - a lot easier than trying to fix up the line with a whole wipe! Thanks! I saw an ad on TV for a "makeup correcter pen" but it seems a bit excessive :p

Upvote 0