Linux Mint

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all,
I finally settled on a system. I chose debian cinnamon. It is because it is not Linux Mint but it is cinnamon. I love it.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I now use Debian Cinnamon as my primary desktop. I do not know why I did not think of this before! It is Debian, so its secure. Its Cinnamon, so it looks decent. I love it!

Upvote 0

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I now use Debian Cinnamon as my primary desktop. I do not know why I did not think of this before! It is Debian, so its secure. Its Cinnamon, so it looks decent. I love it!

Nice combo. I also like Cinnamon. With it's traditional panel and menu look.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My 2011 imac is reaching end of life and under Mint I might be able to get another 5 years out of it! I've been watching lots of videos on Mint and it really seems like the distro ALL Linux users should promote to newcomers, and then if they're actually hackers they won't be able to help themselves and they'll go out and try other distros afterwards. Mint's recent desktop tweaks have impressed a lot of Linux youtubers, even the 'ban' on Snappack has impressed some youtubers that are really into security.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ALso there is a workaround from the ban of snappack. To make it work with Ulayana. I would google it if you are interested!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My 2011 imac is reaching end of life and under Mint I might be able to get another 5 years out of it! I've been watching lots of videos on Mint and it really seems like the distro ALL Linux users should promote to newcomers, and then if they're actually hackers they won't be able to help themselves and they'll go out and try other distros afterwards. Mint's recent desktop tweaks have impressed a lot of Linux youtubers, even the 'ban' on Snappack has impressed some youtubers that are really into security.
Mint continues to go from strength from strength. I always recommend it for people who like a good all-round Linux distro that is useful for advanced users and accommodating for new users. I use Fedora now, but I have used Mint in the past and have always preferred it to even Ubuntu.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
ALso there is a workaround from the ban of snappack. To make it work with Ulayana. I would google it if you are interested!
Of course - it wouldn't be Linux if there wasn't a workaround or hack! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0