Virginia
✟16,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey you all. I am about to be 24 and I still live at home. I am devoted Christian, but my parents are nominal Christians and don't follow the Bible, attend church, pray, or do anything like the Bible says. Recently, I am trying to move out....and I am trying to take steps to living on my own, but every time I do, I get punished in some way. I just need basic help with learning how to get a car, how to get insurance for the car, how to get life insurance, how to get an apartment, and things like these. Do you all have any advice? I found a person selling a 2008 Mazda 3 for $4200. I am also wondering if this is a good deal. It has 177,000 miles on it. Thank you. Please give me advice.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
First things first …

The car may be a good deal …or not. I wouldn’t imagine anyone here could tell you… without looking it over, driving it, and having it checked out. Your best bet is to have a mechanic check it out for you. Depending on where you are at, and who you see it could run you 150 to 300 $ ….which may seem like a lot but so is dropping 4200 on a vehicle that has a cracked head, which will cost you considerable more.

People will tell you how it’s a great vehicle ..bla bla bla …………Trust but verify.

When you find a vehicle you want to buy, call some car insurance companies to get quotes comprehensive insurance will cover everything …Liability will be much less but not cover your car in the event of an accident. Deductibles can range from 100 on up….. 3 to 500 is kind of the normal …the higher the deductible the less expensive the insurance.

It would be ideal if you could insure it under your parent’s name which might be considerably less….with multi care discount.

Life insurance can be checked into later ….

Looking for an apartment …things to consider. The neighborhood…. is it relatively safe, street traffic, night lighting, parking, how dependable is the maintenance, utilities (what is included), What is the night life like (weekdays & weekends), security deposit ..is it all refundable? Check the comments if you are looking into an apartment complex.

Upvote 0