Liberals: Post Bible Verses of Jesus' word promoting liberalism.

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He said to Read all of Moses' law. Meaning better hit Leviticus and I believe some of Exodus. Why should he post it?

The law is of great interest of me and when I search the Bible, there is nothing about it.

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The law is of great interest of me and when I search the Bible, there is nothing about it.

About what? About what he posted? Well then certainly you can tell me all about the fabric laws, eating meat from unholy animals, etc.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Then why is the New Testament excluded from your criterion when Jesus and God are the same? Jesus on Earth cleared up many misunderstandings and set those who believe on the right path.

Because many unschooled in Scripture believe the Old Testament was nothing but a wrathful, judgmental God whilst the New Testament was a lefty, fluffy-bunny God. By excluding the NT, the OP may have thought he was excluding any Scripture that would back the assertion God was a "liberal."

But not only is the OP's conception of liberalism hopelessly flawed, he invalidated his own "OT only" requirement when he said Jesus and God are one. If Jesus and God are one, then the teachings of Christ are just as valid to use in evaluating the character of God than anything in the OT.

Reactions: Suomipoika
Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
About what? About what he posted? Well then certainly you can tell me all about the fabric laws, eating meat from unholy animals, etc.

No animals are unholy, they are unclean, but stay on topic,

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Not surprisingly...there is no section of the Bible labeled "Mosiac Law." There is Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Numbers. I would recommend reading those books, and in them you will see several provisions God ordered His people to make for the poor and needy.

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because many unschooled in Scripture believe the Old Testament was nothing but a wrathful, judgmental God whilst the New Testament was a lefty, fluffy-bunny God. By excluding the NT, the OP may have thought he was excluding any Scripture that would back the assertion God was a "liberal."

But not only is the OP's conception of liberalism hopelessly flawed, he invalidated his own "OT only" requirement when he said Jesus and God are one. If Jesus and God are one, then the teachings of Christ are just as valid to use in evaluating the character of God than anything in the OT.

Hebrews 6:17-18 said:
Because God wanted to show His unchangeable purpose even more clearly to the heirs of the promise, He guaranteed it with an oath, so that through two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to seize the hope set before us.

Unchangeable purpose, so does God change his purpose from people being responsible for themselves to everyone taking care of everyone else? God does not change his purpose, are you happy I used the NT.

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not surprisingly...there is no section of the Bible labeled "Mosiac Law." There is Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Numbers. I would recommend reading those books, and in them you will see several provisions God ordered His people to make for the poor and needy.

How about you post them since your so knowledgeable. I'm tired of all these CLAIMS yet no SOURCES.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Unchangeable purpose, so does God change his purpose from people being responsible for themselves to everyone taking care of everyone else? God does not change his purpose, are you happy I used the NT.

Yes, I am. Perhaps, as you attain a deeper understanding of Scripture, you will come to realize that God has no use for human ideas of "liberalism" or "conservative," and that in fact He is as far beyond such petty human notions as a warp-driven starship is to a dugout canoe.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,190.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You broke rule 1 of the OP

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
How about you post them since your so knowledgeable. I'm tired of all these CLAIMS yet no SOURCES.

Because I refuse to see Scripture abused and debased into "sound bites" to support petty political agendas.

I gave you sources. Three whole books of the Bible that demonstrate God is neither "conservative" nor "liberal." He is God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rule 1: Tanakh only.
Rule 2: Full quotes ONLY no skipping whole verses or using ... to skip through parts.
Rule 2: Use the Amplified or Holman version of the Bible, http://www.biblegateway.com/ , so if you get a verse first go to there and change it to one of those versions. NO NIV OR NLT!

Go.
First of all, the word liberal as it's used today as a political term was virtually unknown in Bible times. So that already invalidates this "challenge" of yours.

Secondly, why the Tanakh only?

Thirdly, why the Amplified or Holman versions only?

This is a bunk-y challenge. You have a chip on your shoulder about liberalism (no telling why), and you want us to knock it off. I refuse to play your game.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1.Pro-Abortion
2.Anti-Rape victim, don't bring up Deuteronomy 22:28-29, unless you want to be schooled.
3. Pro-gay marriage.
4. Pro-stealing.
5. anti-death penalty

Theres more, but you get the point.
Schooled? You couldn't "school" a preschooler.

A few posts above, you asked those who had responded to this "challenge" to back up their claims. I'm now asking you to back up your claims that liberals are "pro stealing" and "anti-rape victim".

You can't do it, because those are your biases. And biases don't amount to reality.
Ringo

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because I refuse to see Scripture abused and debased into "sound bites" to support petty political agendas.

I gave you sources. Three whole books of the Bible that demonstrate God is neither "conservative" nor "liberal." He is God.

No what those books show is God is pro-death penalty, anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion, and anti-laziness. All things Conservatives believe.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Post it. If you guys are going to make claims its time to start backing them up.
Back up your assertions about liberals first. If I'm not mistaken, you often do this - make claims that you fail to substantiate.

The biggest key to debating is backing up your claims.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No what those books show is God is pro-death penalty, anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion, and anti-laziness. All things Conservatives believe.
"Anti laziness"? Do you have any clue what you're talking about?
Ringo

Reactions: craigerNY
Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Where does the Bible say God is pro-war, pro-gun, pro-violence, pro-hate, etc.? See, I can be bias too.

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Schooled? You couldn't "school" a preschooler.

A few posts above, you asked those who had responded to this "challenge" to back up their claims. I'm now asking you to back up your claims that liberals are "pro stealing" and "anti-rape victim".

You can't do it, because those are your biases. And biases don't amount to reality.
Ringo

Taxes.

Opposing death penalty for rapist.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"Anti laziness"? Do you have any clue what you're talking about?
Ringo

No, he doesn't.

GG&G is yet another person who has crafted his own philosophical box, slapped a "God" label on it--then gets frustrated because God is not shaped like his little box and He won't fit inside.

Upvote 0