Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It's my impression that Representative Thomas Massie of Kentucky is a man of good morals and ethics, but he too is a sinner.

I've been called a hypocrite by people of the world because I voted for someone who sinned.

It's unavoidable to vote for a sinner, it's what literally all of us, every single human on this planet, is.

So, for example, I voted for Biden in 2020, even as I voted for Clinton in 2016. Not because I believed either to be the best choice, I didn't like either of them. But I voted my conscience because my conscience wouldn't let me vote for someone like Donald Trump who is, historically, a grifter and who said things that I found deeply disturbing, both as a Christian and as an American.

For that I've been called a fake Christian. I voted with my conscience and by pursuing what I believe to be biblical values.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For that I've been called a fake Christian. I voted with my conscience and by pursuing what I believe to be biblical values.
As a Christian and as a citizen I believe that it is my obligation to vote in our elections. I vote for the person whose policies will, in my view, do the most good or, at least, do the least harm. :sorry:

As for "fake Christians", there are Christians who support abortion and, while I disagree with them on the morality of abortion, I cannot say that they are not trying to follow Christ. None of us are right about everything and, I believe that it's ok to be mistaken about some things. As Christians, we are first and foremost called to love and follow God and to love one another, even when they're wrong. And we have to hope and pray that Jesus will be more merciful and kind to us than we have been (at times) to others. We are often better at asking for understanding and mercy from God than we are at extending it to others. So, to condemn someone as a "fake Christian" is contrary to Christ's commandments.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Joe Biden: Republican Bans on Transgender Surgeries for Children Connected to Anti-Semitism Not a very centrist position by any standard. WATCH: Biden claims ‘trans kids’ under attack, must be protected

So because he thinks all people should be protected, he's a far left president?

I get it, you're a Republican and on the opposite side of the fence, so it may seem far left to you, but it really isn't. He is a centrist. He is not far left.

If you want to continue saying he is, that's all you, but the truth is he isn't a far leftist.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So because he thinks all people should be protected, he's a far left president?

I get it, you're a Republican and on the opposite side of the fence, so it may seem far left to you, but it really isn't. He is a centrist. He is not far left.

If you want to continue saying he is, that's all you, but the truth is he isn't a far leftist.
I don't think you get it. CHILDREN should be protected from the far left insane wackos like Biden who believe child mutilation is OK.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Joe Biden may be a little more left of center, but he is still by far considered a moderate Democrat.
Biden is a puppet of the far left. He is NOT the Joe Biden of the past. Not that it is a great compliment. Joe is President in name only his handlers whoever they may be are running the show. Without help he can't even find his way around the White House.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think you get it. CHILDREN should be protected from the far left insane wackos like Biden who believe child mutilation is OK.

If you're gonna start calling names, even if it's not directed at me, our conversation is at an end.

I do get it, but I see it from the other side and believe you to be wrong. What you see as crazy and insane, others see as the right of that child if they want to do that. Do I agree with a child doing that? Nope. It's not my child though. I don't get a say in their upbringing and to be honest, neither do you. If the child wants to be male if they are female, than it is between the child, that child's parents and the child's doctor. Same if the child wants to be female and they are male, same applies.

It is not for me to control what others do with their lives, any more than others have control over my life. I don't want some random person telling me what to do, so why would I do the same to them?

This is golden rule stuff.

Please stop the name calling. Okay?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden is a puppet of the far left. He is NOT the Joe Biden of the past. Not that it is a great compliment. Joe is President in name only his handlers whoever they may be are running the show. Without help he can't even find his way around the White House.

I disagree with this whole statement and this is just Republican claptrap.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did Jesus organize political activity against anyone? Did Jesus ever instruct the apostles or anyone else to do so?
Scripture shows the victory and liberty that awaits us whenever our people lead as magistrates (Gen 41:39-44; Daniel 2:46-49) and elect godly leaders (Ex 18:21-25/Deut 1:13-17/Deut 16:18-20). Civil Government is ordained of God (Rom 13:1-7; 1 Pet 2:13-17).

The "sovereign work of Almighty God" includes civil government (Rom 13:1-7; 1 Pet 2:13-17), and the virtue of God's people being the leaders and influencers is taught plainly in scripture (Gen 41:39-44; Daniel 2:46-49). Electing good people is part of the work of the people of God (Ex 18:21-25/Deut 1:13-17/Deut 16:18-20).

When Christians Refuse to get involved in politics, as it appears you are advocating, who do you think steps in to fill that void?

Where is the scriptural command for Christians to become police officers? firefighters? - Are you therefore advocating that no Christian should become a cop since there is no scriptural command to do so?

For evil to triumph, good men must do nothing.
Show me the scriptural command for Christians to simply do nothing and let evil triumph in the world until some undisclosed "future" time? What chapter and verse is that?

I don't see the Bible teaching anything of the sort of this kind of retreat and defeatism you seem to be advocating.

I find the exact opposite is taught.
We are to subdue kingdoms and establish righteousness as the Hebrews 11 heroes did:

Hebrews 11:6, 32-33
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him...for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions

The Christian Church walks in this great heritage of unstoppable faith just like our Hebrews 11 brothers and sisters. We are in process of subduing kingdoms, establishing righteousness, and asserting Christ's dominion over all nations through the same faith of David, Samuel, Joshua, and Moses had. Nothing can stop us (Matthew 16:18-19).

Its High time we started acting like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Postvieww
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree with this whole statement and this is just Republican claptrap.
You are free to disagree, but this is provable by some of Biden's own statements and countless videos confirming his mental state.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What you see as crazy and insane, others see as the right of that child if they want to do that.
Young children do not have the ability or the right to make decisions such as bodily mutilation. Parents who would allow this have issues themselves and have no business with children.
If the child wants to be male if they are female, than it is between the child, that child's parents and the child's doctor.
This is not scientifically possible. One does not just wake up one morning a different sex than they were the night before. This is a product of brain washing by those with leftist agendas. This is not just about rights, this is about child abuse. I am sure you disagree but what you and I are doing in this conversations is highlighting just some of the differences in liberal and conservative thought.
Same if the child wants to be female and they are male, same applies.
This is just liberal claptrap, to borrow a phrase.
This is golden rule stuff.
It is not wise to tie the scourge of child mutilation and abuse to the Golden Rule IMO of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please stop the name calling. Okay?
Ok then let's look at facts.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok then let's look at facts.
IKR? TFG had far superior mental acuity

Hoefully somebody can look into the oranges of the situation...;)

Upvote 0

lifepsyop

Jan 23, 2014
✟57,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When was the last time a person was imprisoned in the United States for having an unpopular opinion? Right, that doesn't happen.
Let's be a little more sophisticated than that. You really don't think people today live in fear of having unpopular opinions? Why throw someone in prison when you can just take away the means of them making a living and end their career, or better yet, demonize them in the press as an enemy of democracy, publish their home address, and let the mob take care of it? Prison is so 20th century.

According to the OP liberal democracy is the problem, that includes the US Constitution itself, as well as having elected representatives and legislators. The very foundation of the American republic is based on things which the OP believes to be wrong.

The point of the thread is more simply to show that Liberal Democracy is a kind of theo-political religious order. Throughout the modern period, the God of Protestantism became transposed into the modern democratic state, and democracy is now viewed as kind of emanation of the will of God upon the world. So Liberal Democracy also becomes a kind of eschatological fulfillment. However, this also puts the modern church in the awkward position of accepting things like the promotion of gay-marriage and sex-changes for children as part of the heavenly kingdom unfolding upon the earth.

Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Christians Refuse to get involved in politics, as it appears you are advocating,
No, I'm advocating for Christian church LEADERS to follow the example of Christ and to walk his example and to preach HIS message rather than their own.

Congregants can and should serve in government and do so in a manner consistent with the teachings of Christ that they heard from their local Christian church LEADER.

I cringe when I hear Christian church leaders veer away from the message of Christ in order to espouse their own political and "social justice" opinions. If they want to spout their own message then they should step away from their church and go into politics. There's nothing wrong with that but there is no higher calling to spreading the word of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,398,964.00
Country
United States
Faith