Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What's wrong with eating tofu and riding bicycles? A lot more healthy for people and planet than steak and SUVs.
Eating low calorie high protein food and being physically fit, clearly unamerican.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟841,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Liberalsm today is working toward a society where groups that in the past have been ostracized, abused, and oppressed can live their lives freely and with dignity. That's a good thing.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Science is fact based. Christianity is faith based. And they are not mutually exclusive. Many of us believe in both. We have laws of physics in the physical world in which we dwell. God blessed us with fact based science to understand this mortal world. And He blessed some of us with faith to inherent eternal life in Heaven.
Enjoy Thanksgiving y'all. Peace

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Science is fact based. Christianity is faith based.
I started reading Jordan Peterson's Maps of meaning: The Architecture of Belief. In the first chapter he posits that Science tells us "What is" and myth tells us what it "means", and how we should act. So something like creation in Genesis is not talking about the earth of science but rather is more of a theatrical backdrop for a morality play. Christianity does not need nor conflict with science. They are two different realms.

So I wonder how the acceptance or resistance of this fundamental view of scripture impacts the current interplay of Liberal and conservative, progressive and regressive.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's wrong with eating tofu and riding bicycles? A lot more healthy for people and planet than steak and SUVs.
If you want to eat tofu and ride a bike great, I am all for your right to do that . The point most here seem to miss is much of the worlds population do not want to be forced and told what eat and be forced to go back to more primitive living standards to pacify elite dictators. Nobody seems to be willing to acknowledge the past errors of this movement and the failure of past the sky is falling predictions to come to pass.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟910,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you want to eat tofu and ride a bike great, I am all for your right to do that . The point most here seem to miss is much of the worlds population do not want to be forced and told what eat and be forced to go back to more primitive living standards to pacify elite dictators. Nobody seems to be willing to acknowledge the past errors of this movement and the failure of past the sky is falling predictions to come to pass.
Why do you assume this is to pacify the elite? I am certainly not elite and I am concerned by our culture of waste. It is not sustainable and we already are reaping the results of decades excess.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love tofu.
By all means help yourself but don’t try to require me to join you and don’t put me in a lower class because I don’t buy the hype that we are all going to die because too many cows can’t hold their gas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I really do not believe the majority has much sway with God.

And "God" has no sway with me. What's you point?

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few therebe that find it. This nation was founded on Christian principles but that in no way makes every citizen a Christian.

Sure it was, sure it was. Christian principles like "democracy"? The only way to think that the US was founded on "christian principles" is to ignore the differnce between the 1st amendment (freedom of worship) and the first commandment (worship only one specific god).

After this diversion back to the point.
You're the one with the random bible quotes in a thread about liberalism in the US. Whatever.
1. The mocking by breaking tablets. 2. Mocking by rewriting the 10 commandments.

Isn't it your Moses who broke those tablets? Not sure what that has to do with any subject of this thread. And as for rewriting them. There are 3 copies of the 10Comm. in the Torah and none is the same. Who rewrote them?
“Demonstrated science” Is a bit of overkill here.

Which one? Evolution or climatology? You referenced both in the same short post. (They are not related to each other.) Climatology is pretty well established (and the seeming subject of the rest of your post), but evolution is extremely well established.
There are many reputable scientists who disagree with the so call science you refer to.

Many, maybe; reputable, in their own fields perhaps, but these lists of scientists opposing climate or evolution science are populated with people from outside the fields. They are not actual experts. A chemist is not an authority on evolution. A physicist is not an authority on climate. It doesn't matter how reputable they are in their own areas. (And Evolution and Climatology are very much sciences. Knock off the "so-called" bit.)

There are also many scientists who agree publicly only because of fear of losing positions.

Poppycock. A great lie told by deniers. Such pressure does not exist and the people who propagate this falsehood either know this or they are ignorant of how science actually works.

This movement is not about saving the planet it is about gaining money, power and controlling the every day lives of the masses.
Climate models and science are in no way dependent on what activists in "a movement" do with them. But even among "the movement" the vast majority just want to avoid catastrophic alterations of our global economic, political, and ecosystems as would come from climate change.

Al Gore became quite wealthy promoting sacrifice for you and I while destroying the planet in his jet and using obscene amounts of energy in his mansion.

The science is not true or false based on the actions of any hypocrite, including Algore.

Responsible use of resources is a good and noble thing but this movement only uses that as a front for evil intent. When those fooled by this find themselves riding bicycles, eating tofu, freezing in the winter, roasting in the summer, taxed into poverty they will all too late see the scam.
Go ride a bike it would be good for you.
We should all already be dead or up to our necks in melted polar ice caps if the alarmist of 20 years ago knew what they were talking about.
I really don't care what "the alarmists" say. The climate models of 20 and 30 years ago were quite on point given the amount of CO2 emitted since then. This is why we say the science is well established -- it has a solid track record at this point.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By all means help yourself but don’t try to require me to join you and don’t put me in a lower class because I don’t by the hype that we are all going to die because too many cows can’t hold their gas.
Eat what you want. Believe what you want. But if you live an a coast, best of luck to you.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go ride a bike it would be good for you.
I’ve got one and I do ride but I don’t plan on giving up my combustion engine for the less efficient electric car. Not to mention the PR con job about the electric car. No climate alarmist wants to discuss the effects of additional power generation to charge all of those proposed electric cars. Then we have the high cost of replacement batteries and the disposal of old batteries. Look at California, they cannot produce enough electricity now for the electric cars they do have much less the ones they want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're the one with the random bible quotes in a thread about liberalism in the US. Whatever.
No random Bible quotes. They were all to make a specific point! The latest topic is climate change brought to the forefront recently by the mix of religion and at the very least controversial science. The fact the elite power brokers and politicians are bent on forcing this on the world for control of the masses through liberal policies is why this is relevant to this thread.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eat what you want. Believe what you want. But if you live an a coast, best of luck to you.
Actually I do live on the coast and there has been no noticeable change in the coastline in my life of 68 years. I do not need luck because I am confident this world will not be destroyed by cow flatulence or my gas powered car.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No random Bible quotes. They were all to make a specific point!

And yet they did not work. Perhaps I should have said "superfluous" or "useless". "Random" seemed a bit softer.

The latest topic is climate change brought to the forefront recently by the mix of religion and at the very least controversial science.
Climate change is science. No religion needed. Please stop confusing the two.
The fact the elite power brokers and politicians are bent on forcing this on the world for control of the masses through liberal policies is why this is relevant to this thread.
You seem to be suffering from some sort of paranoia. Perhaps there is something you could take for that.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Climate change is science. No religion needed. Please stop confusing the two.
It’s not me confusing the two. That would be those writing the climate 10 commandments. Also to include the liberals who have made religion out of climate change suffering from that paranoia you accuse me of.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You seem to be suffering from some sort of paranoia. Perhaps there is something you could take for that.
There is a cure! It is called common sense and avoidance of liberal propaganda. It is not me that’s paranoid, that would all of those claiming the sky is falling, and we will all be drowning in melted ice caps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you assume this is to pacify the elite? I am certainly not elite and I am concerned by our culture of waste. It is not sustainable and we already are reaping the results of decades excess.
I do not call everyone who has bought into the hype elites. Only those power brokers who are bent on controlling every aspect of our lives using climate Armageddon as psychological warfare to gain submission. Yes we need to be good stewards and conserve and preserve but carbon credits is a financial scam to fleece the population.. Politicians are not worried about the planet all they want is to stay in power., and the fear of climate disaster is just the latest vehicle.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have said in the past the only good thing in the inflation production act was help with drug prices. I now retract that statement. There is NOTHING good in the bill and definitely no inflation reduction. The governments attempt at prices controls has produced rationing and some companies choose not to produce certain drugs if they can’t make a profit. Liberal policies working against the American people.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It’s not me confusing the two. That would be those writing the climate 10 commandments. Also to include the liberals who have made religion out of climate change suffering from that paranoia you accuse me of.

I have no idea what you're talking about. This has nothing to do with climate science.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is a cure! It is called common sense and avoidance of liberal propaganda. It is not me that’s paranoid, that would all of those claiming the sky is falling, and we will all be drowning in melted ice caps.

Climate science isn't propaganda.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have said in the past the only good thing in the inflation production act was help with drug prices. I now retract that statement. There is NOTHING good in the bill and definitely no inflation reduction. The governments attempt at prices controls has produced rationing and some companies choose not to produce certain drugs if they can’t make a profit. Liberal policies working against the American people.
Insulin isn't under patent. The price gouging for a life-saving generic drug was unconscionable. They could make a profit at a reasonable markup, but they decided they wanted more.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.