Liars, stupid, or both?

You know, if I didn't know any better I'd have to say the bulk of evolutionists who defend their positions on boards like these are pathological liars, insane, or simply so defensive that they wouldn't admit to their own names if it weakened their case for evolution.

Of course, Nick isn't calling anyone liars, stupid, or both this time either...

Ha. ha. uh... ha.

Whoever wrote what Jerry is quoting is a moron. As you can tell from my previous posts, I am a staunch advocate of a literal interpretation of the Bible, Creation, and all that good stuff, but to say that ALL evolutionists are liars is way off base.

I do not believe evolution to be true, but those that do believe in it do so with sincerity. If you get down to brass tacks the differences between the Bible and evolution will never be truly answered. Regardless of which side you are on, the beliefs are sincere. To state otherwise is just an attempt to tick people off.

If you want to debate, great, I am all for it, but making blanket statements about the mental clarity of either side is counterproductive.

David

Upvote 0
Originally posted by gunnysgt

How very true. Those that have been deceived by the Father of Lies, are spiritually blind not necessarily liars.

GySgt James

Gunny, so anyone that doesn't agree with you about the science of evolution, regardless of whether they worship the same God you do, and regardless of their sincerity and devotion must not only be in disagreement with you, but also spiritually blind and deceived by the Father of Lies??

Ok....

Upvote 0
Originally posted by s0uljah
Jerry-

If Nick bothers you, as he apparently does, since I have now seen two threads where you call him out, why not just ignore him?

If you see him as a troll, don't feed him, so to speak.

You don't know how many times I have reached for the "ignore" button for this character. Still, we are here to get at the truth of the matter in this debate, and leaving untruths unanswered doesn't get us any closer to that. I still have a sliver of hope that at some point the light bulb will go off over Nick's head, he will realize his behavior has been atrocious, and he will change his ways. Little chance of that, if no one is there to call him out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Raging Atheist

god told me he doesnt exist
Jul 4, 2002
Montana
Visit site
✟562.00
Originally posted by s0uljah
Jerry-

If Nick bothers you, as he apparently does, since I have now seen two threads where you call him out, why not just ignore him?

If you see him as a troll, don't feed him, so to speak.

because that troll consistently prowls the net on the lookout for creation "evidence" and posts whatever he finds here... it is difficult to go about contradicting his arguments and ignoring his insults because, in general, they are all mixed together... I salute Jerry for consistently providing rational proofs against Nick's arguments and being as tolerant as he has been...

Upvote 0
Jerry seems bound and determined to prove Nick wrong and has been frustrated at nearly every turn. I get the impression Nick is enjoying every minute of this. Nick never - NEVER - provides any convincing, scientific evidence for creationism. He only wants to shoot holes in evolutionary theory, to which Jerry counters, to which Nick discounts, ad nasuem. Nick isn't interested in actually learning the subject, only in frustrating Jerry and other evolutionists. He will never accept any evolutionary theory no matter how convincing it might be - unless God himself comes down from the clouds and tells him otherwise.

So, Nick isn't trying to convince anyone of creationism's validity, only evolution's invalidity, as if that will somehow prove creationism. Gotta admire his tenacity, tho. Every other creationist, randman, Lanakila (and hubby), Franklin... they've all given up. I never see them trying to counter the evolutionsists position anymore. Why do you suppose that is?

- Joe

Upvote 0
+++
Because a broken record doesn't know that it is broken?
---
If creationists really had the evidence to back their arguments up, they would be the ones controlling the argument, and the evolutionists would be the ones running out of here with their tails between their legs. The creationists are the ones with the broken record, but they're not mindless machines, so most of them have stopped repeating the same old tired lines over and over and over again.

- Joe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Jerry Smith

Gunny, so anyone that doesn't agree with you about the science of evolution, regardless of whether they worship the same God you do, and regardless of their sincerity and devotion must not only be in disagreement with you, but also spiritually blind and deceived by the Father of Lies??

Well, that's what we found to be the case for heliocentrists, round-worlders, and other people whose scientific conclusions contradicted a literal reading of the Bible, right?

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Joe V.
+++
Because a broken record doesn't know that it is broken?
---
If creationists really had the evidence to back their arguments up, they would be the ones controlling the argument, and the evolutionists would be the ones running out of here with their tails between their legs. The creationists are the ones with the broken record, but they're not mindless machines, so most of them have stopped repeating the same old tired lines over and over and over again.

- Joe

This is not necessarily true. I haven't given up, only gone on vacation, LOL. Some people have lives besides the puter. If it seems the evolutionists are winnning here, it is just the mere numbers that are killing the creationists not facts.

Upvote 0

AtheistArchon

Be alert. We need more lerts.
Feb 6, 2002
Atlanta
✟3,507.00
If it seems the evolutionists are winnning here, it is just the mere numbers that are killing the creationists not facts.

- Highly unlikely. I can tell you from experience that it's not too hard to "win" (depending on your definition of that word) when vastly outnumbered by people who believe differently than you... if the facts are on your side. :)

- There have been multiple threads and posts asking for some empirical evidence of creationism, and thus far none have been satisfied. On the other hand, we have more and more empirical evidence coming in every day, even from CNN occasionally, backing up science.

Upvote 0

Lanakila

Not responsible for the changes here.
Jun 12, 2002
Nestled in the Gorgeous Montana Mountains
Visit site
✟25,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Science is the study of facts, correct? Not evolution. Evolution is a hypothesis based on the study of those facts, that has not been proven, just excepted by scientists and the media. Micro evolution happens and is proven, macro is what we debate and hasn't been proven, just postulated and excepted as fact without actual proof.

Upvote 0