Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, I'm not trying to knock anything out or people's beliefs on things. I really don't even care what others do unless it's really bothering me, however I must speak on something, I was browsing google and saw so much stuff on LBGT rights, why does it seem so widespread now? Like what's going on? I know for sure no one on this Earth was born that way, it seems more like some trend now then what's really being put out there. I am trying so very hard not to judge the LGBT community cause I know it's still a matter of the heart and people can still be nice and loving no matter who they are or where they come from, but where does all this come from? Wouldn't it seem more right for a man and a woman to brag about thier rights of having met in some foreign place started a relationship and how excited they be carrying thier precious newborn baby into a world so fitting, a world where God started creation with a man and a woman and not the other way around? I'm just saying...why is it so prideful...I really don't care but it's not just something to do cause everyone else is doing cause i know diseases can come about that way too which is also affecting this place ..

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,371.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are you browsing? I never found anything about the LGBT except of this discussion forums.

It may be that google is personalising its results according to what you click on, search and what are your interests. If I will watch videos and click on links about flat earth, I will get such suggestions next time. If I will not use a private browsing and if I used google which I do not.

My point is it might be just your "internet bubble".

You may use other engines like duckduckgo or startpage.

Or, move to Russia/China and escape the US/EU cultural bubble.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You are talking about the secular world, which is not a godly place. They do not view christianity as a good but as evil. Why because Christianity speaks against their life style.

And of course the media being also a secular and worldly institution will naturally support this cause,
as most politicians and even now some churches who are more worldly than Christ like

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What are you browsing? I never found anything about the LGBT except of this discussion forums.

It may be that google is personalising its results according to what you click on, search and what are your interests. If I will watch videos and click on links about flat earth, I will get such suggestions next time. If I will not use a private browsing and if I used google which I do not.

My point is it might be just your "internet bubble".

Well in America ABC tv is promoting a big celebration around some past gay event/protest that happened several years ago

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,371.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well in America ABC tv is promoting a big celebration around some past gay event/protest that happened several years ago
The USA/western EU are morally damaged. You can either isolate yourself from the surrounding culture, throwing away your TV, radios and use private search engines and platforms (thats what I did).

Or, you can move to a more moral, but economically not so rich country.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The USA/western EU are morally damaged. You can either isolate yourself from the surrounding culture, throwing away your TV, radios and use private search engines and platforms (thats what I did).

Or, you can move to a more moral, but economically not so rich country.

Well america (especially its youth and some adults who have not grown up) is ruled by pop culture. What ever pop culture is doing or promoting, they want to be part of. Make a movie making homosexuality look cool then people will jump on board etc... By either trying it out or supporting people who are gay and fight for their rights.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,371.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well america (especially its youth and some adults who have not grown up) is ruled by pop culture. What ever pop culture is doing or promoting, they want to be part of. Make a movie making homosexuality look cool then people will jump on board etc... By either trying it out or supporting people who are gay and fight for their rights.
But what can you do about it. World will always go the wrong direction and the majority with it. So either isolation or moving are the only options I can imagine.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But what can you do about it. World will always go the wrong direction and the majority with it. So either isolation or moving are the only options I can imagine.

Well i am in the south (in America) so it is not something i see a lot. especially being that i am in a state with a small population.
For actually having to personally deal with this it is not something too active in my area.

For the rest of the country i am not sure as i do not travel

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I think what you've been seeing are stories resulting from the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots. It was yesterday (June 28). That event was a key event in the modern gay rights movement, so there have been a number of celebrations. I saw a bunch of stories about it too. While they started June 28, they went on for several days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

But the part about this that may have an effect of Christianity, is the preaching out against this, eventually in America that may fall under hate speech.

Upvote 0

Theophilus2019

Jun 25, 2019
Surrey
✟54,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here in the UK the pushing of LGBT rights is big too. In fact if you show anything but absolute 100% support for homosexuality, same sex marriage and fluid gender you risk a torrent of abuse and hate mail, being thrown out of your job and being arrested by the police for "homophobia."

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Aside from Stonewall, most of the stories I've seen recently have resulted from specific events, such as court cases dealing with conservatives who want to discriminate against gays, or statements by politicians or other well-known people. These are the kinds of things that result in news stories about all topics. Other than that there's really no reason for the news to cover it. The battle over gay rights is largely decided in the US.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2019
Central Florida
✟16,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look, I'm not trying to knock anything out or people's beliefs on things. I really don't even care what others do unless it's really bothering me, however I must speak on something, I was browsing google and saw so much stuff on LBGT rights, why does it seem so widespread now? Like what's going on? I know for sure no one on this Earth was born that way, it seems more like some trend now then what's really being put out there. I am trying so very hard not to judge the LGBT community cause I know it's still a matter of the heart and people can still be nice and loving no matter who they are or where they come from, but where does all this come from? Wouldn't it seem more right for a man and a woman to brag about thier rights of having met in some foreign place started a relationship and how excited they be carrying thier precious newborn baby into a world so fitting, a world where God started creation with a man and a woman and not the other way around? I'm just saying...why is it so prideful...I really don't care but it's not just something to do cause everyone else is doing cause i know diseases can come about that way too which is also affecting this place ..
The world is going nuts.
'The Church Is Under Attack': CA Lawmakers Pass Measure Forcing Pastors to Embrace LGBT Ideology

I pray the Pastors in CA do what is right. I pray that those who actually preach God’s Word, continue to do so.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Fortunately, the resolution from California still needs to go to the Senate and be signed by the governor. I think it's unlikely. If it did, it's a statement of opinion, not a law with any consequences. But it's still not good that half of the California legislature has such a bad understanding of the constitution. Unfortunately they're not alone. There are a number of states where legislatures are doing their best to enshrine conservative Christian beliefs in laws as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm.... my previous post makes the mistake of believing conservative web sites. Here's the text of the resolution, starting after the whereas's:
Resolved by the Assembly of the State of California, the Senate thereof concurring, That the Legislature calls upon all Californians to embrace the individual and social benefits of family and community acceptance; and be it further

Resolved, That the Legislature calls upon religious leaders to counsel on LGBT LGBTQ matters from a place of love, compassion, and knowledge of the psychological and other harms of conversion therapy; and be it further

Resolved, That in addressing the stigma often associated with persons who identify as LGBT, LGBTQ, we call on the people of California–especially its counselors, pastors, religious workers, educators, and legislators–and the institutions of California with great moral influence–especially its churches, universities, colleges, and other schools, counseling centers, activist groups, and religious centers–to model equitable treatment of all people of the state; and be it further

Resolved, That the Chief Clerk of the Assembly transmit copies of this resolution to the author for appropriate distribution.
This does not urge churches to say that gay sex is OK. It urges them to treat gay people with love, and to be aware the gay conversion therapy doesn't work. Many gay people remain celibate. Some choose to marry someone of the opposite gender, even understanding that the have an attraction to people of the same gender. This resolution says nothing about that.

I think the resolution is still a mistake. States have no business urging churches to say anything, even it it's true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2019
Central Florida
✟16,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm.... my previous post makes the mistake of believing conservative web sites. Here's the text of the resolution, starting after the whereas's:

This does not urge churches to say that gay sex is OK. It urges them to treat gay people with love, and to be aware the gay conversion therapy doesn't work. Many gay people remain celibate. Some choose to marry someone of the opposite gender, even understanding that the have an attraction to people of the same gender. This resolution says nothing about that.

I think the resolution is still a mistake. States have no business urging churches to say anything, even it it's true.

Of course we should treat with love. Everyone should be shown love. If anyone says that we should hate someone who is gay or treat them badly, then they don’t know Christ. We are to love. We are to treat people well. And in love we should share the gospel with them. Faith in Christ and repentance.

But Pastors should not have the government coming in and telling them what they can and can’t preach on and how.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
But Pastors should not have the government coming in and telling them what they can and can’t preach on and how.
I already said that, but I urge people to be accurate in language. This resolution does not say what people can and can't preach. It's a *recommendation* on how they should do counseling.

Here's a headline from CBN: "CA Lawmakers Trying to Force Pastors to Embrace Pro-LGBT Ideology" It's wrong, on two counts. (1) It's not an attempt to force anyone. It's a recommendation (2) It says nothing about ideology, except treating all people with love and equitably. The main content is about gay conversion therapy. It's not ideology that it doesn't work, nor does it prohibit helping gay people remain single or marry those of the opposite gender (even though personally I think marrying someone of the opposite gender if your primary attraction is to the same gender is unacceptably dangerous; I have a cousin was put unknowingly into such a relationship).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The LGBTQ community need Jesus Christ, unconditional Love, Forgiveness and a genuine understanding of Grace.

The political, social movement does no favors for them as it singles them out, attempts to make them feel like they are without sin and feeds off of the idea that they are championing social justice.

Christians are not intended to be bedroom police... nor should anyone make a day of sharing what they do with their nether regions.

Love is the answer. We are all condemned under the Law of Sin and Death... but for the Grace of Jesus Christ. Their lie that they are without sin, does them no good. Some Christians lying that Jesus isn’t sufficient to save them if they turn to Him, despite their sin... does them no good, either.

Pride is the problem of ALL... Grace, Christ and Repentance is the solution.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0