Letter from a Christian doctor: God gave us this vaccine. Let's use it.

Laconia79

Dec 5, 2021
Indianapolis
✟13,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Most know this parable, A man is on the room of his house during a flood, rescue came three times he kept saying god will save me. He dies and ask god why did not save you. God looks at him I sent three people to rescue you what more could I do. God does not step down from heaven to fix all your problem. God is a parent and a good parent does not give there kids everything they want. A good parent gives there kids the tools to do it themselves.

God gave us Science which gave us modern doctors today along with vaccines to help take care of ourselves. People keep saying god will protect me or my faith...god gave us doctors and vaccines to help protect us. People ignore the 98% of people the vaccine protects on focusses on the 2%. They focus all of there paranoia on 2%. You and your kids and spouse all die from covid or some other disease that we vaccines for. When stand in front of God and ask why did you let us die...god is going look at you and say...I gave you doctors and vaccines to use...why did you not use them. You did not use them cause you focused on the 2 or 3% of people that the vaccine did not work on. Or because you listened to online quacks with know medical degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: public hermit

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many questions could asked, and comments made, about this man's statements:

Upon what basis are we to assume that "God gave us this vaccine"? Even if the point is granted, upon what basis are we to assume this vaccine is universally good for all people?

He wants us to disregard the 2% of cases where the vaccine did harm. Did God not give the vaccine for those people? And if harm has been done, does that not indicate that knowledge and wisdom should be used when considering whether or not to get the vaccine? If, for example, someone has already had the disease and has natural immunity to it, and natural immunity has been proven to be many times better than vaxed immunity, then why should that person be forced to get the vaccine? If someone has conditions that might make the vaccine a risk for them, why should they be forced to take it?

He wants us to disregard this 2% of harmful vaccine cases, but are we also to disregard that the bug has a 99.9% survival rate? Are we also to disregard the increasing evidence that politics has influenced the numbers and stats?

Are we to disregard all the other treatments for the bug? After all, there are more, and possibly better, ways to deal with the bug than just the vaccine, ways that may work as well or better while not having the negative effects.

And this new variant simply isn't all that dangerous. It has a high infection rate, but it's much milder in its effects on people. And being vaccinated does not appear to protect anyone from getting it, as day after day the term "breakthrough cases" become more and more meaningless.

Why not just leave the decision to each person, and their own doctors? Remember that thing called "freedom"?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
No two children are the same. Wise parents know this and adapt their methods accordingly with the end goal in mind.

Our capacities differ. As does our makeup and circumstances. There are things the Lord asks of me that others may be unwilling, unable, or uncomfortable doing. The reverse holds true.

God isn’t the author of confusion. If the Spirit dwells within you and you heed His directives you won’t be led astray. Many voices exist but there’s only one Yah.

There’s a time to be born and a time to die. He controls the clock not man. This didn’t catch Him off-guard. He knows the beginning, middle, and end and fashions us in light of it.

God’s will continues in spite of covid. It can’t be thwarted. If the hour has come you can’t change it. Nothing you say or do will alter the ending He decreed.

People survive the unexpected. They depart unexpectedly too. He oversees it all. When its your time that’s it. We hope the hour is late. But that’s not always the case.

God is in control. His will for us may not include long days. That’s something we have to accept. He didn’t promise us old age. Some will never see it.

~bella

Upvote 0

Laconia79

Dec 5, 2021
Indianapolis
✟13,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Many questions could asked, and comments made, about this man's statements:

Upon what basis are we to assume that "God gave us this vaccine"? Even if the point is granted, upon what basis are we to assume this vaccine is universally good for all people?

He wants us to disregard the 2% of cases where the vaccine did harm. Did God not give the vaccine for those people? And if harm has been done, does that not indicate that knowledge and wisdom should be used when considering whether or not to get the vaccine? If, for example, someone has already had the disease and has natural immunity to it, and natural immunity has been proven to be many times better than vaxed immunity, then why should that person be forced to get the vaccine? If someone has conditions that might make the vaccine a risk for them, why should they be forced to take it?

He wants us to disregard this 2% of harmful vaccine cases, but are we also to disregard that the bug has a 99.9% survival rate? Are we also to disregard the increasing evidence that politics has influenced the numbers and stats?

Are we to disregard all the other treatments for the bug? After all, there are more, and possibly better, ways to deal with the bug than just the vaccine, ways that may work as well or better while not having the negative effects.

And this new variant simply isn't all that dangerous. It has a high infection rate, but it's much milder in its effects on people. And being vaccinated does not appear to protect anyone from getting it, as day after day the term "breakthrough cases" become more and more meaningless.

Why not just leave the decision to each person, and their own doctors? Remember that thing called "freedom"?

Yes the arguments that have been made since vaccines came out just a bit over 200 years ago. Vaccines do not prevent disease, they make were your less likely to die from the disease. Your 99.9 % is bull, anyone with cancer or HIV small children or raspatory problems...it is very much fatal. If there able they take vaccines many can not they are the 2/3% and those people depend on something called herd immunity. And you know what we have 1000's of Christian doctors and scientist trying to explain this and people ignore it...well if kills you or your family do not ask god why when you see him cause he is gonna tell you, I gave you doctors and medicine and you chose to ignore it. I respect your right to chose, until it endangers my life or the life of someone I love. If your decision's endangered the lives of my children I would have know problem ending yours to protect them. I heard this in star trek years ago The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few...I say yeah.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Laconia79

Dec 5, 2021
Indianapolis
✟13,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No two children are the same. Wise parents know this and adapt their methods accordingly with the end goal in mind.

Our capacities differ. As does our makeup and circumstances. There are things the Lord asks of me that others may be unwilling, unable, or uncomfortable doing. The reverse holds true.

God isn’t the author of confusion. If the Spirit dwells within you and you heed His directives you won’t be led astray. Many voices exist but there’s only one Yah.

There’s a time to be born and a time to die. He controls the clock not man. This didn’t catch Him off-guard. He knows the beginning, middle, and end and fashions us in light of it.

God’s will continues in spite of covid. It can’t be thwarted. If the hour has come you can’t change it. Nothing you say or do will alter the ending He decreed.

People survive the unexpected. They depart unexpectedly too. He oversees it all. When its your time that’s it. We hope the hour is late. But that’s not always the case.

God is in control. His will for us may not include long days. That’s something we have to accept. He didn’t promise us old age. Some will never see it.

~bella

So what your saying is you do not need doctors. God decides the day our life ends. So god decides my ending will be skydiving and the parachute not opening...and here is were free will comes into play. I have to decide to jump out of the plane, since I am afraid of heights that is not gonna happen. Your ending is not set in stone, If your go into the military during war time your odds of dying are higher than if you become a plumber. The decisions we make affect our life...If I smoke I am more likely to get lung cancer than if I do not. If I drink to much I am more likely to get liver disease. If there is a smallpox pandemic I am more likely to survive if I get a vaccine. Nothing is set in stone...you have to act before the future can unfold.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Most know this parable, A man is on the room of his house during a flood, rescue came three times he kept saying god will save me. He dies and ask god why did not save you. God looks at him I sent three people to rescue you what more could I do. God does not step down from heaven to fix all your problem. God is a parent and a good parent does give there kids everything they want. A good parent gives there kids the tools to do it themselves.

God gave us Science which gave us modern doctors today along with vaccines to help take care of ourselves. People keep saying god will protect me or my faith...god gave us doctors and vaccines to help protect us. People ignore the 98% of people the vaccine protects on focusses on the 2%. They focus all of there paranoia on 2%. You and your kids and spouse all die from covid or some other disease that we vaccines for. When stand in front of God and ask why did you let us die...god is going look at you and say...I gave you doctors and vaccines to use...why did you not use them. You did not use them cause you focused on the 2 or 3% of people that the vaccine did not work on. Or because you listened to online quacks with know medical degree.

The problem with the analogy to the parable is that every means by which the man could be safely taken from the roof top actually would have safely taken him from the roof top and not, in a few cases, caused him some other kind of harm altogether other than drowning on his roof top. The vaccine won't stop one from getting infected or from spreading the virus or form having a bad outcome from the virus. All we e can say about it is that it is a protection against the bad outcome not an immunization vaccine but perhaps something one could describe as a pretreatment vaccine? In a very few cases the vaccine will cause serious harmful side effects in a few others only a slightly harmful side effect. God gave us discerning minds from which we were able to come to the use of the scientific method which gave us what we call science. Science is not some all-knowing, all-powerful deity where to to question the orthodoxy is heresy. For science, to refrain from questioning is the only heresy.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And this new variant simply isn't all that dangerous. It has a high infection rate, but it's much milder in its effects on people.
This argument is used a lot by anti-vaxxers. It conveniently ignores the following fact: the vaccine greatly reduces the risk of serious illness and death. And one side-effect of this is that vaccination will greatly lessen the strain on overwhelmed health networks.

Let's be clear: other (non-Covid) patients are suffering because irresponsible people divert health care resources when they show up in hospital unvaccinated.

As with your argument above, you are framing the problem in a misleading way - again by focusing on one issue - freedom - and ignoring another important issue - civic responsibility.

Your "freedom" to not get vaccinated arguably needs to defer to other people's right to stay alive.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It conveniently ignores the following fact: the vaccine greatly reduces the risk of serious illness and death. And one side-effect of this is that vaccination will greatly lessen the strain on overwhelmed health networks.

Let's be clear: other (non-Covid) patients are suffering because irresponsible people divert health care resources when they show up in hospital unvaccinated.

This argument is used by a lot of vax anti choicers, but do the facts bear it out? Few if any hospitals are being overwhelmed strictly by unvaccinated Covid patients and some are understaffed by way of vaccine mandates. I can only say if one wants to actually follow science one does not rely solely upon one South African study's findings while altogether dismissing one Israeli study's findings or vice versa. One waits for a number of properly peer reviewed studies before one pronounces something to be the best science on the subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So what your saying is you do not need doctors.

How did you reach that conclusion? I never mentioned doctors. I addressed it from the spiritual with biblical references.

The OP is mired with assumptions. To say the vaccine is God breathed is quite a leap. Did He devise the atomic bomb too? Man’s creations aren’t always heaven born. The devil makes things too. The Book of Enoch addresses this.

God decides the day our life ends. So god decides my ending will be skydiving and the parachute not opening...and here is were free will comes into play. I have to decide to jump out of the plane, since I am afraid of heights that is not gonna happen.

He knows what we’ll do before it occurs. That’s foreknowledge. We’ll die at the appointed time. Whether its natural, health related, an accident, and so on. You’re going to go.

~bella

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Humans do not understand medicine.
Many do not understand the Word either.
People will be surprised to hear God say "I do not know you" on judgment day.

Many will be surprised they aren't God. Or even Science.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
God is a parent and a good parent does give there kids everything they want.

That’s incorrect. No one who’s raised a child would do so. Children are immature and often desire things that are harmful. Their naïveté prevents them from seeing it. But adults can.

God has a different perspective:

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.

~bella

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The vaccine won't stop one from getting infected or from spreading the virus or form having a bad outcome from the virus.
False - there is substantial evidence that vaccines do prevent bad outcomes.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This argument is used by a lot of vax anti choicers, but do the facts bear it out? Few if any hospitals are being overwhelmed strictly by unvaccinated Covid patients
Misleading.

It is beyond debate that many hospitals are being overwhelmed. And it is also beyond debate that beds that would normally be available and needed are needlessly occupied by unvaccinated people suffering from Covid. You are misleading the readers - yes, many beds are occupied by people other than unvaccinated Covid patients. But since about 50 % of the Covid patients in hospital are unvaccinated - who represent only 10% of the population (where I live at least), they are needlessly contributing to the strain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laconia79

Dec 5, 2021
Indianapolis
✟13,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That’s incorrect. No one who’s raised a child would do so. Children are immature and often desire things that are harmful. Their naïveté prevents them from seeing it. But adults can.

God has a different perspective:

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.

~bella

God is a parent and a good parent does not give there kids everything they want. A good parent gives there kids the tools to do it themselves.

Misspell I edited and I think if you read it you realized what I was saying and your intentionally misinterpreting what I was trying to say.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Misspell I edited and I think if you read it you realized what I was saying and your intentionally misinterpreting what I was trying to say.

Or I read it as stated and responded with that in mind.

Upvote 0