Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
All of the threads I have posted so far have, in one way or another, been about my fear of losing salvation and the unpardonable / unforgivable sin. Right now, I DON'T want to talk about that. I've had some off and on depression (not necessarily clinical, I'm not talking disorders just heavy depression) and I'm in a suicidal low. I want to talk about something happy.

To take my mind off of it, I'm playing one of my favourite singers, a KPOP singer from the band SHINee, Lee Taemin in his song Press Your Number. I don't speak Korean, so I don't understand all of it, but I love his voice and at some point it switches from "press your number" to "press MY number" so it feels like a two-way conversation. Like I'm less lonely and I have a friend with me whenever I have my headphones in.

Huang Zi Tao (ZTAO/ Tao) is another singer I want to talk about, songs of his I like are the Road, Black and White (A&B), and T.A.O. His songs are in Chinese, but he subtitles all his videos (really sweet, it took him years to learn English for the fans) and they are a lot more meaningful that western songs tend to be :/ He's got an impressive vocal range.... His songs make me feel more self-confident because he has a lot more confidence in himself and handles things a lot better than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not gonna address KPOP or JPOP or any of those, but isn't the internet amazing? I have a favorite keyboardist who is Japanese, and it took me months to get one of her CDs once upon a time! All that said, I used to hear American song lyrics and, for the most part, they're pretty stupid, and do not present what love really is. It's all about romantic love, rather than what marriage is. Of course, it's harder to write songs about the sacrifices we make in marriage, but when I listen to 'oldies', which now means '80's', I just listen to the vocal talent and instrumental, rather than the words. Even something really pretty like "Glory of Love" from Karate Kid really has no meaning other than romantic.

Upvote 0