Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Augustine raised the argument that since Aionios in Matthew 25:46 refers to both life and punishment , it had to carry the same duration in both cases.

You are stuck to believe the duration is relative to whom it is given.
The duration is the same. eternal death.

I'm not stuck to believe the duration is relative, the second death is eternal. Eternal life is eternal.

Was that your 2 and 3 points?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Death is punishment, that's why Texas has a death penalty. It's not a death reward. Also, God doesn't extract confessions by threatening torment.

What were your second and third points?

death is preferable in many situations so it can't be punishment.

Besides that does not account for the beast and the false prophet in hell nor does it account for spiritual beings (which are eternal) being in Hell.

which were my second and third points:

secondly, the soul has to be eternal because satan and angels are eternal and it is them that share the experience of Hell with the wicked.

thirdly, the beast and the false prophet are in hell a thousand years in the Revelation. They will be tossed in before the millennium and abide until the end of the 1000 years when Satan is thrown in.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The duration is the same. eternal death.

I'm not stuck to believe the duration is relative, the second death is eternal. Eternal life is eternal.

Was that your 2 and 3 points?

it's talking about punishment, you have to prove it's talking about death and not eternal torment.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.