Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually it helps me. I participate in many discussions, and my notifications can get confusing - I sometimes "lose my place" especially when some threads are very active.

It is at least one unique place-marker. Not perfect, but just one tiny help at least. Though so far it hasn't fallen in an especially helpful spot.

It's all good though. I'm usually ok with anything that happens. The sole real upset I had was from loss of information (personal comments on posts) that we used to have.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I like the alert telling me I got points just for logging in.

It feels like getting

(((HUGS)))
agreed. it's kind of having a 'welcome back, we missed you!' note.

lol, or as the song says, we all wanna go 'where somebody knows your name.'

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
agreed. it's kind of having a 'welcome back, we missed you!' note.

lol, or as the song says, we all wanna go 'where somebody knows your name.'

yes, it is kinda fun and invokes a sense of welcome

frankly, for me, its always gonna be nice to get props

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
yes, it is kinda fun and invokes a sense of welcome

frankly, for me, its always gonna be nice to get props
heartily agree! in this world they're few and far between, so we treasure them when they do come.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't agree with blessings widget thingy. Who shall we think we are blessing each other. What does it mean to bless each other? I always thought to bless someone is to put some sort of holy spell upon them ? Please fill me in on this subject

Thank you for the heads up.

i haven't thought of "blessings" as a holy spell, since a "holy spell" would be the antithesis to anything of God.

LOL!

^_^

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for the heads up.

i haven't thought of "blessings" as a holy spell, since a "holy spell" would be the antithesis to anything of God.

LOL!

^_^
Lol fair enough, but what kind of blessing are we giving out? Is it a blessing from ourselves or does it mean something else?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Lol fair enough, but what kind of blessing are we giving out? Is it a blessing from ourselves or does it mean something else?

It's good thoughts to the one given to from the one giving. And many times a recognition and thank you of how the one given to has blessed, made smile, laugh, many others here on the site.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's good thoughts to the one given to from the one giving. And many times a recognition and thank you of how the one given to has blessed, made smile, laugh, many others here on the site.
Are you saying it's a thank you ? I must admit I like the idea of being blessed with loads of thankyous (I'm all ego lol) but I'm not sure that's how it's could be perceived by others? "Who do they think they are blessing themselves" rumbled the new looker upon the forum. Do you not think?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you saying it's a thank you ? I must admit I like the idea of being blessed with loads of thankyous (I'm all ego lol) but I'm not sure that's how it's could be perceived by others? "Who do they think they are blessing themselves" rumbled the new looker upon the forum. Do you not think?

LOL!

Blessing themselves?

Aww c'mon, it's not that serious.

It's a wunnerful way to spread the love, and smiles, and well wishes.

4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
LOL!

Blessing themselves?

Aww c'mon, it's not that serious.

It's a wunnerful way to spread the love, and smiles, and well wishes.

4chsmu1.gif
lol I love to spread hope and love and all those buzz words, but I'm not comfortable blessing someone. Who would I think I am blesssing some one! My ego is already so inflated it would explode in its own opinions, without me giving out blessings

• Haha
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
lol I love to spread hope and love and all those buzz words, but I'm not comfortable blessing someone. Who would I think I am blesssing some one! My ego is already so inflated it would explode in its own opinions, without me giving out blessings

You're reading waaaaaay too much into this, brother.

4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
far from it.
these days the world is much more inclined to curse others than it is to bless them.

So if on this Christian site we have the opportunity to bless others--whether it be an exchange of blessings or a sign of approval for their posts here--we should take the opportunity to do so; not only for them but also as a sign to God that we are greatful in turn for all that He has blessed us with, and we wish to emulate His generosity.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
far from it.
these days the world is much more inclined to curse others than it is to bless them.

So if on this Christian site we have the opportunity to bless others--whether it be an exchange of blessings or a sign of approval for their posts here--we should take the opportunity to do so; not only for them but also as a sign to God that we are greatful in turn for all that He has blessed us with, and we wish to emulate His generosity.
What happens if some people don't like it? Should we discard their views and go with the majority vote? Or do the website owners decide, who decides if the blessings stays or goes?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What happens if some people don't like it? Should we discard their views and go with the majority vote? Or do the website owners decide, who decides if the blessings stays or goes?
the people who don't like it won't participate anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Also while we are on the subject the titles like "handmaiden of God etc they are a little bold
I'll reply to this one, since mine is similar "Servant of God" and some in my Church use "Handmaid of God".

I have actually worried what someone may read into it.

But after we are baptized, when we receive Communion, they say, "Servsnt of God ... " and I say "Anastasia" and then they say "receives the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ ..."

In our Church, it means we are baptized, and it's how we are referred to. There is nothing prideful intended in it - the opposite of fact. We claim no more than servanthood at this point.

So I use it because it has a particular meaning to me. Yes, I can see how it might be misunderstood. And I've seen some exceptionally bold labels around here in the past. ;) But I figure that's between them and God. He knows their hearts and how to deal with them, and it's not my business with anyone except to love them and pray for them. :)

God be with you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.