Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I will be working on this throughout the day. We will get it figured out. There is a lot of data to go through. In the mean time, I am going to disable gifting of blessings until everything is where we need it.

Thanks Brent!!!

And thanks for all of your hard work on CF.

:D

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Please remember that there is nothing wrong with outrageous amounts of blessings, and remove the cents. We use to have posters who use to post, "I will give 1 million blessings to the first posters to post..." And in some unanswered thread. Blessings should be a fun way to encourage involvement here on the CF>

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Please remember that there is nothing wrong with outrageous amounts of blessings, and remove the cents. We use to have posters who use to post, "I will give 1 million blessings to the first posters to post..." And in some unanswered thread. Blessings should be a fun way to encourage involvement here on the CF>

i agree.

That was soooooo much fun!

animated-gifs-the-simpsons-23490809-113-107.gif

(i miss the "move" feature) :D

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I wonder what happened to LLOJ? I do not believe he has posted here all year?

He's posting, but not as frequently.....

he is missed...

i pray all is well.

He had some questions about blessings too, i think.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
i agree.

We use to do that in the old CB. I have encouraged the programmers to being back somekind of chat transcript in the Forums or Home page. That encourages involvement. LLOJ use to encourage people in the CB to post somewhere in exchange of blessings and that really worked well.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We use to do that in the old CB. I have encouraged the programmers to being back somekind of chat transcript in the Forums or Home page. That encourages involvement. LLOJ use to encourage people in the CB to post somewhere in exchange of blessings and that really worked well.

Yes, he was awesome at it....

he was like the CF mascot (besides ChrisBot) :D

• Haha
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Does this mean with it being reset that the blessings that DID carry over ot longer apply?

I hope not...

i think Brent is fixing any glitches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
i agree.

And remember when someone would announce the infestation of a troll here on CF CB? It was like the whole board would go into a state of excited watchfulness and expect some moderator to immediately come to the attention of the problem.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And remember when someone would announce the infestation of a troll here on CF CB? It was like the whole board would go into a state of excited watchfulness and expect some moderator to immediately come to the attention of the problem.

LOL!

It was hilarious ^_^

• Agree
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just remember some veterans have been a long time accumulating blessings and some have paid actual cash for them. Upgrades... There us to be a system where you were awarded some kind of recognition for the messages posted on CF. With the top award given for those who posted 100,000 or more. Little icons were placed next to the avatar such as the gold crown for the 100,000 posters. This is a great way to encourage involvement here on the CF.

That's one thing I miss on the old forum (the crowns), but I do prefer the new software much better now that I've gotten used to it.

I understand the reasoning to help the new people out, but for the long-term members who have put years into CF and their blessings, some may see it as they are losing all their progress over the years. There's something to be said for fairness to loyalty too.

On the other hand, the blessings have been kind of pointless since the software change since we don't have the same features, so those point systems were used mainly in the old software anyway up till now.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We should be done in an hour or so with the rebuild. I have decided to go ahead and list the things that will award you points, just not how many points you get for each. Some actions on the forum will net you more points than others. :) Hopefully our store will be up next week and you can begin sharing and redeeming your blessings.

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why are we resetting blessings? Well, we want everyone to be on an even playing field. Why? Because now you will be able to redeem your blessings.

I wondered what had happened -- that seems rather unfair. I paid $$$ for blessings under the old system, exactly because they could be redeemed for cool stuff, as well as being given away.

It might perhaps have been friendlier to convert "old blessings" to new ones at some kind of exchange rate. :(

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wondered what had happened -- that seems rather unfair. I paid $$$ for blessings under the old system, exactly because they could be redeemed for cool stuff, as well as being given away.

It might perhaps have been friendlier to convert "old blessings" to new ones at some kind of exchange rate.

Unfortunately we have no way to determine which blessings were paid for and which were not. The previous owner did not hand that information over.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.