Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From a CNN article on mosquitoes.
Mosquito bites: Why they itch and what to do about it - CNN
"a mosquito's saliva has a quality similar to an anaesthetic, so you don't feel the bite until after the insect flies away. It also has anticoagulants so your blood continues to flow without clotting."

Now you have to wonder how the mosquito would know to use those particular ingredients so they act as anticoagulants. Of all the billions or trillions of ingredients and ingredient combinations we have on this planet, it somehow found the magic one so it could extract what it needs (our blood) before we know about it and swat it and kill it. It found a working system. I'm sure that is no evidence of design.

Pretty smart of those mosquitoes though! What will they come up with next?

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Like, c'mon Richard - there's no magic here! Obviously this is a standard, ho-hum expression of natural selection. You see, 200 million years or so is a LOOONG time, plenty for nature to just "throw the dice", trying out billions of permutations looking for that ordinary, plain-ole-vanilla series of mutations that matched mammalian blood chemistry without leading to harmful genetic damage. All in a day's work for industrious Mother Nature, rolling up her sleeves to go about solving things.

Let me make this even simpler: imagine a big handful of dice. And every time you throw them all at once is a single tiny random change to mosquito DNA. All you need to do is get a coffee, pull a TV-tray up to your favorite comfy chair, and start rolling those dice. Every time all dice came up "1" simultaneously (don't cheat!) then CONGRATULATIONS Richard! You've rolled a successful mutation. Now simply roll millions and millions of those successful mutations in sequence, but keep your eye on the 200 million year countdown timer.

If you're thinking to yourself "hey self, won't that take WAY longer than 200 million years, statistically speaking? Like, way longer than even life itself?" then you've been spending far too much time hanging out with that gang of shifty-looking Population Genetics scientists that have been hanging around lately. Stay away from those guys - they're so depressing with their math and statistics. Instead, simply wish a happy little wish, hold out those dice, and let Mother Nature blow some luck on them too. We're counting on you Richard. The mosquitos are counting on you.

Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
You're living in a dream world where optimism rules and common sense is tossed out the window. Many things would not happen without intervention and life is one of them. To think otherwise is to ignore all the evidence around us. God appreciates common sense. We are given lots in abundance. But some choose to ignore it later in life. Its easier in some ways. Less accountability.

God doesn't need time to get it right. He just does it right first off. He doesn't need to hone it and massage the kinks out. He plans and designs well so its a finished work right away. Why? Well why wouldn't He design that way? If you CAN do it right first off you will. Nothing else makes sense. And of course HE CAN. And did. People WANT evolution to make sense to them because that gives them what the deluded ones at least think is an explanation for our past without needing God. People don't like accountability. That's natural. We all resist it.

Ever thought what was the real reason for our existence? Why did God assemble this world? He could have made it very differently but chose this way with these challenges with you and I right here right now. All planned and designed. The fact that I am typing this now to you was known at the start of Creation. We can't even fathom things like this. We worry about getting delayed in traffic by a few minutes.
Lest we or anyone else not be able to tell who's being sarcastic and who isn't, my previous post above was sarcasm - sometimes I just get into the mood to compose some dark little anti-Scientism poetry for poops and giggles :grinning:

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From a CNN article on mosquitoes.
Mosquito bites: Why they itch and what to do about it - CNN
"a mosquito's saliva has a quality similar to an anaesthetic, so you don't feel the bite until after the insect flies away. It also has anticoagulants so your blood continues to flow without clotting."

Now you have to wonder how the mosquito would know to use those particular ingredients so they act as anticoagulants. Of all the billions or trillions of ingredients and ingredient combinations we have on this planet, it somehow found the magic one so it could extract what it needs (our blood) before we know about it and swat it and kill it. It found a working system. I'm sure that is no evidence of design.

Pretty smart of those mosquitoes though! What will they come up with next?

Interesting fact about mosquitoes

Only female mosquitoes bite people and animals to get a blood meal. Female mosquitoes need a blood meal to produce eggs. Mosquitoes get infected with germs, such as viruses and parasites, when they bite infected people and animals.

• Useful
Reactions: Brother-Mike
Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lest we or anyone else not be able to tell who's being sarcastic and who isn't, my previous post above was sarcasm - sometimes I just get into the mood to compose some dark little anti-Scientism poetry for poops and giggles :grinning:

Wow, I don't usually miss things like that. What a dummy I am! Or was when responding. To be fair, and to be truthful, I didn't read the response carefully as evolutionists just get me down sometimes. My mistake. It was a great post by the way. So well written.

• Friendly
Reactions: Brother-Mike
Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, I don't usually miss things like that. What a dummy I am! Or was when responding. To be fair, and to be truthful, I didn't read the response carefully as evolutionists just get me down sometimes. My mistake. It was a great post by the way. So well written.
I couldn't resist since your original post had some of that same tongue-in-cheekiness :grinning:

Upvote 0