Let's here all the Nebraskans out there!

MasterWaldo

Veteran
Feb 21, 2008
Nebraska
✟16,894.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nebraska- the good life. Where a -4 degree Monday and a 40 degree Tuesday are the norm. Where July is sees a record high and record low in one week. Where cows graze next to the mall. This great country's 37th state, Nebraska celebrates its birthday tomorrow, March 1st, and I felt that it is time to give it a shout.
I am from Papillion, Nebraska, and have lived here 16.99999992/17 years of my life. I am pround to be part of the speed bump of America. Papillion is in the part of Nebraska with people in it :), and is 6th on Fortue Magazine's 25 best places to live. While commonly shown as a bunch of hicks and farmers, Nebraska is actually home of some of the top health care facilities and universities in the USA (University of Nebraska Medical Center constantly recieves awards and grants for its work), is home of Offut Air Force Base, where the President would come to (in an underground bunker) in case of an attack (which he did during 9/11), and was the location of the Srategic Air Command that kept B-52s in the air at all times to prepare for a nuclear attack from the USSR.
Woo! Cows and nukes! Not to mention the endless plains. Nebraska is a prime example of the elasticity of the land: it is 430 miles long east to west, but if you try to escape from the state, it stretches out to 43000000 miles. And that's a fact;)
Another fact (a real on this time): Nebraska has 3 political districts. They basically translate into : D1: a chunk of the west, D2: The Metro area, and D3: the rest of the state. D2 as Stephen Colbert so put it is the part of NE with people
So let's hear it for Nebraska. Where questions like "Do you have the internet there yet" are still far too common. And yes, most of the people in the state do have running water and indoor plumbing.

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hiya MasterWaldo, nice to meet ya! you're right, Nebraska is TOPS!

yippee for Nebraska!!!

i live in lincoln. born and raised here and lived here all 47 years of my life. it's funny to see nebraska portrayed in movies as a bunch of hicks and such..lol. lincoln is a city of over a quarter million people. omaha with 3/4 million is only 40 minutes from here. we don't have any less here than any other cities, it's just that ours are cleaner and nicer:) . right after we were married i told my hubby i wouldn't mind living elsewhere just to experience it. hubby was an 'army brat' so lived in lots of places while he was growing up, and hubby told me i wouldn't like it! it's dirty and not wholesome and clean like Nebraska. now years later after traveling to lots and lots of places, from coast to coast and beyond, i know he's right!

so shout it from the rooftops everyone!!--NEBRASKA TRULY IS 'THE GOOD LIFE' :clap:

there's no place like home, there's no place like home ..oh wait, that's Kansas:blush: lol.

p.s. i'm not a football fan, but i think some Nebraskans would be offended if we didn't mention the Cornhuskers--GO BIG RED!!

2nd p.s. i'm a Jesus Freak too! love the video, Waldo. hey, i'm old, not dead!

Upvote 0

EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Me me me, Omaha here.

Yo Omaha!

Hi!

I'm not a Nebraskan, but I'm praying @ a USA tour in summer - to pray in all the state capitals & major cities, kinda zig-zagging from NYC west to east to west..

& working gradually south till I hit Miami

I guess Omaha will be between Black Foot & Des Moines stops @ July, DV

I woulda been an almost spittin' distance neighbour if I'd emigrated to Decatur IL 4/5 years ago - to help an outreach to all the major music etc festivals, spring to fall, via mobile catering concessions & @ regional Christian TV & radio stations' outside broadcast depts, doing my many voices

But hey, now I'm kinda retired, who knows what doors God may choose to open?

Laters, 'Gators!

'Arfa Mo'

Upvote 0

EZRida4JC

May 3, 2008
✟327.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
hiya MasterWaldo, nice to meet ya! you're right, Nebraska is TOPS!

yippee for Nebraska!!!

i live in lincoln. born and raised here and lived here all 47 years of my life. it's funny to see nebraska portrayed in movies as a bunch of hicks and such..lol. lincoln is a city of over a quarter million people. i'm a Jesus Freak too! love the video, Waldo. hey, i'm old, not dead!

Todd Bentley prophesied an outbreak of healing revival in Lincoln, 8/9 days ago :amen:

Anyone been to the Lakeland, FL Outpouring yet? :p

Gonna .. ;)

"come: get some!"? :D

See it daily @ www.God.TV too! :clap:

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=46952713#post46952713

Last edited:
Upvote 0

McCokeman

Feb 15, 2006
McCook, Nebraska
✟18,881.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Got another Nebraskan here.

I live in McCook. Where is McCook? you ask. On the map just look in the soutwest corner of the state.

We are the largest community for over 60 miles in all directions. So, if you travel here, be ready for some open country between towns. Some people call us the hub of southwest Nebraska and Northwest Kansas.

We may be small at just around 8,000 in population but we play hard and we have a lot of fun. Just ask most people from Lincoln which Class B high school football team has made the trip to Lincoln to play for the state championship the most in the last 10 years. That would be the mighty bison.

I was born and raised here and I don't think that I would want to live anywhere else.

Like I said before, open country, five lakes within an hour drive. Lots of fishing, hunting, places to camp. You name it. If you like the outdoors, We've got it.

Don't like the weather here, just wait. In less than 24 hours, it will change. From hot to freezing. From sunny to stormy. Calm to so windy that you can't stand up. Dry to humid. Like I said before. We've got it.

Stop on by for a visit sometime.

Upvote 0