Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, yes, but he has to work on the 7th day sometimes too! Nurses and Dr.s and the like might find themselves working on any day of the week.

I remember Jesus saying that if your sheep were caught up in a bind or in some kind of similar situation on the Sabbath, that you would go and rescue it no matter what day of the week it is. Same for the man He healed that day. He asked His detractors if it was OK to do good on the Sabbath. So nurses and Dr.s and the like are doing good on the Sabbath if they have to work on that day. Also, of course, they would be given or choose to take another day off to rest upon. Also, they can be on call, but resting otherwise.
There is no Christian Sabbath. Sabbath was given only to Israel and the covenant which contained the Sabbath law ended at Calvary. Why else would Jesus have ratified a new covenant with His own blood. Your arguing about working on the Sabbath is for naught.

• Informative
Reactions: R. Hartono
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi RH,

Some rested, most did not enter into God's REST because of their UNBELIEF not knowing God's WORD and because of SIN (breaking God's Commandments).

Those walking by FAITH and not by sight BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD enter both the Gospel rest of FORIVENESS and God's LAWS of LOVE written on the heart of those who BELIEVE God's WORD because of God's promise of LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE the WORD of God.

This is God's NEW COVENANT promise written on the heart to LOVE. Truly, truly I say unto you Jesus says unless a man is Born again he cannot see the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Whosoever is Born of God does not commit sin (break God's Commandments).

Sin is the trandgression of God's LAW. If we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand before God guily of SIN and are "UNDER THE LAW" because we are condemned by it. Unless we seek God in REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.
Is Jesus God? If He isn't then the laws He gave to us while here on Earth are void and indeed Christians are lawless. If you agree with me that Jesus is God and He gave us His commandments while here on Earth then the following are the commands and are the real truth. 19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 if our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: we know it by the Spirit he gave us.

All your Sabbath thumping is for naught when you study 1Jn3:19-24. Sabbath keeping doesn't make anyone belong to the truth. Believing and loving is the key to eternity. The false prophet's teaching that we will lose our eternal salvation if we are not Sabbath keepers is a bunch of bunk. It smacks of salvation by works of the law. You would rather believe Ellen??? Too bad.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." Ellen White {6T 356.4

I have never found anyone who does not break the Sabbath. So, "keeping" it is a misnomer and you are not any better off than those who you claim are going to hell for not "keeping" it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The SDA church and Ellen would argue that Sabbath didn't mean the weekly Sabbath, that Sabbath was referring to some sort of Sabbath in the ceremonial laws.

The "shadow Sabbaths" were in fact the ceremonial Sabbaths - as also D.L. Moody, R.C. Sproul, The Baptist Confession of Faith, The Westminster Confession of Faith (and many others) etc would all agree and so they all teach the Bible truth about the continued TEN Commandments as being included in the LAW of God written on the heart.

As you have seen a few dozen times by now.

Now you are telling me that Paul wasn't deleting those sacrifices in Col 2???

Col 2 is not about "deleting scripture" it is about refuting the efforts of some - to "make stuff up".

As I said before --- it is Hebrews 10:4-12 where find this regarding the animal sacrifices and offerings "He takes away the first to establish the second" - and so all ceremonies including the Shadow Sabbaths would have ended at the cross.

But in Col 2 - Paul himself keeps the Shadow Sabbaths. He point is not to find a way to delete them in Col 2 .. Col 2 is addressing the problem of those who like to make-stuff-up

==================

Col 2 is opposed to making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command.

But Col 2 is not an attempt by Paul to delete the scriptures. Rather Paul condemns the idea of making stuff up that is not in scripture at all - where the only source/authority is "man".

Col 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflatedwithout cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Col 2
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (KJV)

Col 2
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?
23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.(NASB)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's WORD disagrees with you Bob. Do you have any scripture to share in relation to COL 2 we are in the NEW Covenant now :). It seems you may need to revisit your understaning of both covenants
You keep telling me the samo samo, but you don't Put your money where your mouth is LGW. You give me some real scripture to prove Paul didn't mean what he wrote in 2Cor3:7-11 and that Col 2 really means what you claim. Paul wrote a similar letter to the Ephesians and one comment was in chapter 2 verse 15. Why would he write one thing to the Ephesians and something diametrically opposed to the Colossians? Your theory is without any credibility.
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...ut-yoke-over-your-neck.8057913/#post-72515386

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You keep telling me the samo samo, but you don't Put your money where your mouth is LGW. You give me some real scripture to prove Paul didn't mean what he wrote in 2Cor3:7-11 and that Col 2 really means what you claim. Paul wrote a similar letter to the Ephesians and one comment was in chapter 2 verse 15. Why would he write one thing to the Ephesians and something diametrically opposed to the Colossians? Your theory is without any credibility.

Hello Bob,

Well that is not true. I already have provided too many scriptures for you to help you with what Paul is saying many times already, but you do not believe the scriptures I send you because they scriptures provided to you do not agree with your tradition.

I do not judge you and you are free to believe what you will. Your salvation is between you and God. Not me and you. We can still be friends of course :)

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob,

Well that is not true. I already have provided too many scriptures for you to help you with what Paul is saying many times already, but you do not believe the scriptures I send you because they scriptures provided to you do not agree with your tradition.
Oh yes, I think the last time you responded to my request to explain why Paul wrote that the 10 commandments were transient you wrote back trying to explain that the 10 were transferred. Want me to repost your comment? How about getting real and posting "Well that is not true." Well, that is not true that transient means transfer. There is nothing in Paul's statement that alludes to the 10 commandments being transferred. Care to try again?
Since you have not, in any way, proven that the 10 commandments were not transient then I must ignore your theory about what Col 2:16-17 means. You have to change the meaning to bolster your preconceived ideas you have gleaned from Ellen.

I do not judge you and you are free to believe what you will. Your salvation is between you and God. Not me and you. We can still be friends of course :)
Every time you use the word "that is not true Bob" you are denying scripture in favor of the prophet's writings who has judged me because I don't keep the old covenant for Israel only Sabbath. Since you will not deny the insanity of what she wrote in more than a sense you are judging me. How can you really be my friend when you believe the prophet's writings that I will chase you to the mountains and persecute you. You believe I am an apostate out to get you. I assure you that what she wrote is nothing but a fabrication. How could I believe in Jesus and love others as He loves us and do what she wrote? That big rock that someone hit her in the head damaged her brain.

On the lighter side, are there any mountains for me to chase you to in Australia?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There is no Christian Sabbath. Sabbath was given only to Israel and the covenant which contained the Sabbath law ended at Calvary. Why else would Jesus have ratified a new covenant with His own blood. Your arguing about working on the Sabbath is for naught.

My point was simply that no matter what day is chosen by MOST of us as the day of the Lord, the day of worship and the day of the rest, there are folks who have to work on that day such as Dr.s and nurses and the like. Life goes on every day of the week and so some of us might end up taking our special day on Tuesday because we had to tend to someone's life on Sunday.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point was simply that no matter what day is chosen by MOST of us as the day of the Lord, the day of worship and the day of the rest, there are folks who have to work on that day such as Dr.s and nurses and the like. Life goes on every day of the week and so some of us might end up taking our special day on Tuesday because we had to tend to someone's life on Sunday.
I understand your point and my point is that there is no special day listed in the new covenant. The only admonition given in all of the New Testament is for us not to forsake assembling ourselves together. Do not allow law thumpers to take away your freedom in Christ. There is absolutely no command in the new covenant to "keep" holy one in seven days, the seventh day or the first day. Anyone that tries to tell you differently is preaching another gospel.

Adventist, especially, preach another gospel. They tell us we will go to hell if we do not "keep" the the day they "keep". I put a parenthesis around keep because it is actually a misnomer that they actually keep it.

It is very doubtful that Saturday today was the same Saturday that God gave to Israel at Mt Sinai. The history of lunar calendar and the placing of the International Date Line are interesting reads.

Did Jesus abide by the Lunar calendar? Is there any evidence that He didn't?

• Informative
Reactions: SpiritSong
Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I understand your point and my point is that there is no special day listed in the new covenant. The only admonition given in all of the New Testament is for us not to forsake assembling ourselves together. Do not allow law thumpers to take away your freedom in Christ. ...

Ah yes, I see that now we agree, and probably always did.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah yes, I see that now we agree, and probably always did.
I grew up a Methodist, converted to Adventism, saw all the fallacy and came back to fellowshipping with my nonjudgmental Methodist brothers and sisters. Wonderful group of people. We seem to never know what we miss until we experience something else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The "shadow Sabbaths" were in fact the ceremonial Sabbaths - as also D.L. Moody, R.C. Sproul, The Baptist Confession of Faith, The Westminster Confession of Faith (and many others) etc would all agree and so they all teach the Bible truth about the continued TEN Commandments as being included in the LAW of God written on the heart.

Col 2 is not about "deleting scripture" it is about refuting the efforts of some - to "make stuff up".

As I said before --- it is Hebrews 10:4-12 where find this regarding the animal sacrifices and offerings "He takes away the first to establish the second" - and so all ceremonies including the Shadow Sabbaths would have ended at the cross.

But in Col 2 - Paul himself keeps the Shadow Sabbaths. He point is not to find a way to delete them in Col 2 .. Col 2 is addressing the problem of those who like to make-stuff-up

==================

Col 2 is opposed to making up a rule and judging others of being guilty of sin because they differ with you, even if that invented rule is related to a Bible command.

But Col 2 is not an attempt by Paul to delete the scriptures. Rather Paul condemns the idea of making stuff up that is not in scripture at all - where the only source/authority is "man".

Col 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflatedwithout cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Col 2
20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (KJV)

Col 2
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?
23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.(NASB)

Upvote 0