Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Drawing near to God certainly brings about changes which can be uncomfortable and difficult as well as positive. Transformation as in Romans 12:2 is a challenging process, I should imagine it’s made all the more difficult if you’re also dealing with the symptoms relating to your diagnosis. I’d suggest being cautious with how you proceed, talk to God about what you find difficult, what you feel etc and ask him to guide you. Don’t rush, pray and let things play out, talk to others as you are here when it gets confusing maybe.
It's not healthy for a schizophrenic to start talking to a God who one has to imagine is real, the mind can create illusion's that play on that lack of visual stimulus.

Do you or anyone understand what I am saying here?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not healthy for a schizophrenic to start talking to a God who one has to imagine is real, the mind can create illusion's that play on that lack of visual stimulus.

Do you or anyone understand what I am saying here?

Maybe not...but you need to start somewhere. Not talking to God leaves room for what? A mind that isn’t actively stimulated or pointed in a particular direction will find something to latch on to. I would suggest that making some small steps and having faith that God will reciprocate in ways that you can manage might be your best option.

Upvote 0

theanticrash

Jan 30, 2018
Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe not...but you need to start somewhere. Not talking to God leaves room for what? A mind that isn’t actively stimulated or pointed in a particular direction will find something to latch on to. I would suggest that making some small steps and having faith that God will reciprocate in ways that you can manage might be your best option.
Get it into your head Christian, that I have covered all base's. In all truth the only way I can be sure that your God is real, is to kill myself.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get it into your head Christian, that I have covered all base's. In all truth the only way I can be sure that your God is real, is to kill myself.

Who says you have to be sure about it? You can take little steps towards finding out how he responds to your prayers, or you can choose not to. I appreciate this is a lot tougher for you than it is for me, I don’t have those same symptoms to deal with, but I don’t see a better option. What do you consider to be your options?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's no pill for religious indoctrination.
I'm not talking about religious indoctrination.
All I've talked about is belief.

Christianity is based on historical facts not indoctrination.

May I suggest looking at two men.
One a dectective and the other a journalist who both investigate the claims of Christianity as atheists.
The result of there investigation was they were convinced of the facts about Christianity.
The dectectice is J Warner Wallace he has a web site coldcasechristianity.
The journalist is Lee Strobel he wrote the book The Case for Christ.

Upvote 0

theanticrash

Jan 30, 2018
Brisbane
✟1,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not talking about religious indoctrination.
All I've talked about is belief.

Christianity is based on historical facts not indoctrination.

May I suggest looking at two men.
One a dectective and the other a journalist who both investigate the claims of Christianity as atheists.
The result of there investigation was they were convinced of the facts about Christianity.
The dectectice is J Warner Wallace he has a web site coldcasechristianity.
The journalist is Lee Strobel he wrote the book The Case for Christ.
The facts should be how Christians today emulate the power of God, that was always the reason God was true.

It was true back 2000 years ago, Jesus had authority to heal, cast out demons and work miracles. He said that my disciples could do the same, and since nothing of the sort happens today I doubt it's power and creditability.

Anyway what is God if he can do absolutely nothing about our needs.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The facts should be how Christians today emulate the power of God, that was always the reason God was true.

It was true back 2000 years ago, Jesus had authority to heal, cast out demons and work miracles. He said that my disciples could do the same, and since nothing of the sort happens today I doubt it's power and creditability.

Anyway what is God if he can do absolutely nothing about our needs.

theanticrash,

The following is a 'reprint' of what I told someone else not too long ago, but it fits what you're addressing here.

Not all of us believe that God is primarily in the 'healing' business. Sure, I believe HE 'can' heal people; but the question remains: Is He healing people? I don't think He actually does all that often, nor do I think we should really expect Him to. In fact, I don't think that today's expectations should be what they are. Of course, I could be wrong, and I'm willing to be shown by the power of other people's prayer that I am indeed wrong. But I think that many expectations for healing among present day Christians come more or less from a faulty hermeneutical practice when handling the Bible.

To understand better where I'm coming from on this, see the book by the late Ron Dunn - Will God Heal Me?: Faith in the Midst of Suffering. This is pretty much my position on the subject, more or less.

Even with that said, I'm sorry you're facing some tough times with your mental health and outlook on life. And although it may sound cliche for me to say that I will pray for you; I will pray for you. [That means you, too, theanticrash] ;)

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No it is about worshipping God.

You've complained about indoctrination and about mental health problems, so I've suggested to keep things simple and you don't like that.

A basic question for you.

Why should God do anything for any of us, by what right do we make demands of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed for staff review. The Statement of Purpose Struggles by Non-Christians includes:

The Struggles by Non-Christians is a forum where non-Christian members (see list under non-Christians at the bottom of this link) may share struggles of a personal nature, of understanding about God, requests for prayer, and similar topics may be posted here. Orthodox Christians may respond and provide prayer, feedback, support, and encouragement.

This is a no debate forum. Questions that ask to prove God, rather than serious inquiries about God or faith, are not permitted in this forum.
General Apologetics is not permitted here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.