Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Didn't he say the other day that he wasn't in the (stock) market? Of course he is interested in the real estate market. That's his wheelhouse.
He believes the market is what defines him as president. So, in a way, he only cares about himself and he sees the market as the only thing that defines him as a president. He believes that however good or bad the market is defines how good or bad he is. That's why he cares mainly about the market - it's a reflection of himself, in his mind.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He believes the market is what defines him as president. So, in a way, he only cares about himself and he sees the market as the only thing that defines him as a president. He believes that however good or bad the market is defines how good or bad he is. That's why he cares mainly about the market - it's a reflection of himself, in his mind.

It's actually pretty important.

Upvote 0

Mitty

Mar 4, 2020
Victoria
✟19,812.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He must be delighted that the National Debt is increasing by ~$4 billion daily and the GDP is decreasing by ~$2 billion daily, and that the DEBT:GDP ratio has increased from 108.81% to 108.89% in four days compared to ~106% four years ago and 34.54% forty years ago. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's actually pretty important.
It is an important holiday, the biggest Christian holiday, but it's still just a holiday and not even a Biblical one at that. So when it comes down to it, it's not more important than people's lives and God's Word supports this.

It's like a Church building. Is it important for churches to have buildings? Yes. Very important. But if we couldn't have a building, does that mean we can't even exist as Christians? Not at all. When it comes down to it, those "very important" things like our holidays and church buildings are not necessary. And in the face of serving our Lord by caring for our neighbors those "very important" things become dispensible.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He must be delighted that the National Debt is increasing by ~$4 billion daily and the GDP is decreasing by ~$2 billion daily, and that the DEBT:GDP ratio has increased from 108.81% to 108.89% in four days compared to ~106% four years ago and 34.54% forty years ago. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
He really doesn't care. He believes the national debt doesn't matter (and he might be right about that). He believes only in the market as the sole indicator of his success (or failure).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is an important holiday, the biggest Christian holiday, but it's still just a holiday and not even a Biblical one at that. So when it comes down to it, it's not more important than people's lives and God's Word supports this.

It's like a Church building. Is it important for churches to have buildings? Yes. Very important. But if we couldn't have a building, does that mean we can't even exist as Christians? Not at all. When it comes down to it, those "very important" things like our holidays and church buildings are not necessary. And in the face of serving our Lord by caring for our neighbors those "very important" things become dispensible.

What post are you responding to?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By speaking the truth and by giving context to his question, he is being sensationalist...??

What then of Trump’s statement just a couple of weeks ago that there were “only 15 cases” that would “be soon down to zero” and that the disease would disappear “like a miracle”...? Just a sober analysis of the facts, right....??

At that time there were only 15 reported cases. Obviously his statement about that number dropping to zero was a reassuring gesture, he can’t predict the future. Neither of these constitute as a lie because anyone with common sense can understand the difference between a reassuring gesture and a lie. If the Dallas Cowboys say their going to win the Super Bowl this year it’s common sense that if they fail to do so it’s not an intentional lie. Nobody actually expects them to undoubtedly win, people understand that their intention was that they are going to do the best they can to win. I’m surprised you don’t understand this concept.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Spare me your mind reading attempts, Kresken.

Criswell.jpg

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When he’s on camera.

And apparently when he is on the toilet, which is when he allegedly does most of his Tweeting. I guess Trump lying doesn't even require his lips to be moving. ;)

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not so sure it would come across as genuine. Trump was elected by not schmoozing the masses.

You mean like the concern he showed when Romney self-quarantined, and the relief Trump showed when Romney tested negative?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At that time there were only 15 reported cases. Obviously his statement about that number dropping to zero was a reassuring gesture, he can’t predict the future. Neither of these constitute as a lie because anyone with common sense can understand the difference between a reassuring gesture and a lie. If the Dallas Cowboys say their going to win the Super Bowl this year it’s common sense that if they fail to do so it’s not an intentional lie. Nobody actually expects them to undoubtedly win, people understand that their intention was that they are going to do the best they can to win. I’m surprised you don’t understand this concept.

If the Cowboys start the season 0-8, claiming that they still have a shot at the Super Bowl is, at best, wishful thinking.

I don't know if Trump was engaged in wishful thinking or outright dishonesty - if I had to guess, I'd say it was some measure of both. His entire career has been built around being able to fudge things (I'd use a more vulgar term related to excrement) to people who can't check his numbers and then hoping things work out for the best later. But what works when it comes to self-promoting or stoking others' vanity or greed doesn't work on a situation that only cares about biology, physics, and math. You can't fudge your way out of a pandemic any more than you can fudge your way out of gravity.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean like the concern he showed when Romney self-quarantined, and the relief Trump showed when Romney tested negative?

I mean people knew what they were getting when they elected him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
And apparently when he is on the toilet, which is when he allegedly does most of his Tweeting. I guess Trump lying doesn't even require his lips to be moving. ;)

You know full well he is sounding out the words as he is typing.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Complete lack of being an informed citizen/voter would be my first guess. After that, I don't know.

We were informed enough that we didn't want Hillary then, and we don't want a democrat now. If you guys want Trump out you'd better get your act together before November. And I wouldn't rely on a down stock market or the coronavirus to ensure a win.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0